2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today, interviewed 4/4. Will most likely withdraw, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today! Interviewed on this past Monday (4/18), after being on hold since October.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! So excited! Any Manhattan commuters out there in the class of 2020? If so, would love to met you!

I also have a quick question for any current students who may be reading this. What does a normal day's schedule look like, i.e. how many hours of lecture per day, time spent in labs, etc? I'm sure a lot of this came up during interview day but the whole day was a bit of a blur!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! So excited! Any Manhattan commuters out there in the class of 2020? If so, would love to met you!

I also have a quick question for any current students who may be reading this. What does a normal day's schedule look like, i.e. how many hours of lecture per day, time spent in labs, etc? I'm sure a lot of this came up during interview day but the whole day was a bit of a blur!

NYMC is pretty liberal regarding learning. All lectures are recorded as school policy (even if the professor doesn't want it recorded).
The first block (~4 months) of MS1 (anatomy, cell bio/histology) is extremely lab and lecture heavy. Lectures are NOT mandatory but everyone goes because you're still learning your learning style. Also, you'll be there at least every weekday for a quiz or lab. They do this to get everyone used to the pace of medical school and to force people to interact/make friends. Once block 2 hits, they lean off quite a bit. The mandatory labs will become less and less and by block 3 you'll have very few mandatory events on campus.

MS2 is extremely hands off. Theres an introductory lecture and a perspectives lecture for each learning component of MS2 (i.e hematopathology). Most weeks theres 1-2 mandatory 1-2 hour events.

Many people commute from NYC. Not a problem except for the first block of MS1.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey all. Did anyone get a confirmation email after they accepted a waitlist spot beyond the auto-reply email?

Hi friends, does anyone know when classes start? The acceptance packet says that we start at the end of July, but it's not more specific than that

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends, does anyone know when classes start? The acceptance packet says that we start at the end of July, but it's not more specific than that

+1 Also wondering! Family also wants to make arrangements to attend White Coat

If anyone gets accepted off the wait list can you let us know please?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Such a tough decision, but I withdrew today. I hope my spot goes to someone on the waitlist! Good luck all.

Reactions: 5 users
Also withdrew my acceptance today. I know it will go to someone deserving!

I also just withdrew my acceptance via email, do I need to do anything else or is this enough to let them know of my decision?

Reactions: 2 users
I also just withdrew my acceptance via email, do I need to do anything else or is this enough to let them know of my decision?

I'm also wondering the same thing! Since NYMC appears to have a slight delay in checking email, which could potentially delay their updating their data with the Multiple Acceptance Report, are students at risk of having their offer of admission rescinded at their choice school if it appears they are holding other acceptances past today (even though the student submitted their formal application withdrawals)?

I'm also wondering the same thing! Since NYMC appears to have a slight delay in checking email, which could potentially delay their updating their data with the Multiple Acceptance Report, are students at risk of having their offer of admission rescinded at their choice school if it appears they are holding other acceptances past today (even though the student submitted their formal application withdrawals)?
If you hold multiple acceptances they don't just rescind. The schools will send you an email telling you that you are violating traffic rules and they will rescind your app, in which case you explain the situation to them. NYMC will probably update us Monday

(How do we get the deposit refund though?)

Withdrew my acceptance today, I hope my spot goes to one of you! Good luck

First acceptance! Got the e-mail at 1:56pm! Interviewed in February! Good luck everyone!

just accepted off waitlist! first acceptance as well!! Interviewed January

Reactions: 3 users
For others who were accepted today...do we have two weeks to make a decision??

Is there a facebook group for accepted students?

1:53 was mine...and I didn't get a link. Classes haven't even started yet and I'm already not one of the cool kids.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Did people who were accepted yesterday get an AAMC Background Check Request this morning? Just curious if I got it because of NYMC or another school.

First acceptance! Got the e-mail at 1:56pm! Interviewed in February! Good luck everyone!

Did you also receive that email about a month ago asking if you were 'serious' about remaining on the WL?

Did you also receive that email about a month ago asking if you were 'serious' about remaining on the WL?
I did not get an e-mail an email asking if I was "serious." The last time I contacted NYMC was in mid-March when they offered me spot on the waitlist.

how long do we have to let them know if we're attending after being accepted from the waitlist? I just got off another waitlist as well and don't know how long I have to decide.

Yes, a student rep emailed us a link

And congrats to everyone accepted today!

Okay, cool! When did you get the email? I was accepted about a month ago but I haven't received anything.

I was also accepted about a month ago and did not receive an email for the Facebook group. Could someone post a link?