2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:( sorry to hear that, hope you've had better luck elsewhere! I'm in the same boat you were too. did you get an email?
Yep it was by email.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone shed some light on the financial aid application process? The website says we need to fill in a "Application for Financial Aid New York Medical College" but I could not find the link to it...
I think they send us an email, I'm not totally sure about that though.

omg, just got an II. complete in July as well, definitely did not expect this! this whole application cycle has been an incredibly rewarding and humbling experience, i feel so #blessed.

so excited!!

Reactions: 1 users
Placed on hold today. Is there still a chance I can garner an interview? Has anyone been granted an interview all the way to the end of March here at NYMC? Feeling bummed out :(

Placed on hold today. Is there still a chance I can garner an interview? Has anyone been granted an interview all the way to the end of March here at NYMC? Feeling bummed out :(

I'm sorry about that! It seems that they're giving IIs to people on hold, so there's still hope! Just curious, when we're you complete? It seems very late to be placed on hold

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm sorry about that! It seems that they're giving IIs to people on hold, so there's still hope! Just curious, when we're you complete? It seems very late to be placed on hold

Hey nellbrah. I was complete mid July so I thought it was a straight up rejection by now. Being put on hold caught me off guard since its been so long. Are you also on hold?

II earlier today! Complete early July.

omg, just got an II. complete in July as well, definitely did not expect this! this whole application cycle has been an incredibly rewarding and humbling experience, i feel so #blessed.

so excited!!

Hey guys. Just curious. How many dates for interviews are available? Congrats on the good news by the way!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey nellbrah. I was complete mid July so I thought it was a straight up rejection by now. Being put on hold caught me off guard since its been so long. Are you also on hold?

I mean there must be some rational to it, as it seems they are rejecting people complete in July/August without prior hold. I'm not on hold, and have not heard anything since being complete early August. Between decision notification and CASPER, NYMC has had an extremely confusing application process

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today as well. I saw dates from 3/14-4/20 (with 2-3 per week) earlier this morning.

Just checked it again and now the dates are 3/30-4/20

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone. Interviewing this week and very excited. Wondering if I should be prepared to speak about healthcare policy... I have done MMI before and it was only ethical questions/ situations (& osteopathic knowledge bc DO). If anyone feels they can answer this question without violating the NDA any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Anyone has any idea when Feb interviewers should be hearing back?

Did anyone else's on-hold status disappear recently? :uhno:

Been on hold since December, checked today, hold status has disappeared... Was there last week though. Optimistic thought: Maybe they are reviewing apps? Pessimistic thought: portal glitch.

Been on hold since December, checked today, hold status has disappeared... Was there last week though. Optimistic thought: Maybe they are reviewing apps? Pessimistic thought: portal glitch.

When were you originally placed on hold ?

Rejected today

Last edited:
II just now!!

Reactions: 2 users
II today, complete july, CASPer received in November (ugh), dates available were 4/19 and 4/21...no hold no nothing just under review. I was counting myself out!

II today, complete july, CASPer received in November (ugh), dates available were 4/19 and 4/21...no hold no nothing just under review. I was counting myself out!

Wow there were so many dates before, can't believe there are only two left now. Guess they're actively inviting people to interview!!

Wow there were so many dates before, can't believe there are only two left now. Guess they're actively inviting people to interview!!

I had an II on 3/11 and haven't scheduled mine yet. The dates available to me are 3/22-4/20

And there are a lot of dates available for you right catie_jane?

This is what I see available to me:

3/22, 24, and 31
4/4, 5, 7, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20

So it seems like they will still have plenty of II to send out in the near future

With all of these interview dates available, I am curious if they are for a waiting list.

I already took one, I wonder if I can push it up earlier? Thanks catie

Edit: no luck, but I'll happily take a late spot.

Last edited:
With all of these interview dates available, I am curious if they are for a waiting list.

I don't think so. They interviewed late into March and April last year and multiple people posted that they were accepted.

withdrew my II. hope it goes to someone deserving! There were dates available through the third week of April.

Interviewed in early Feb. Still nothing. Does the portal change when you are accepted or rejected?

Same. Today marks 6 weeks--must be coming soon. The secondary portal says notifications will go out by email or post.

accepted just now! :) anyone know if there's a second look day?

Accepted just now!! Interviewed in mid-late February! Very happy.