2015-2016 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Called admissions. They said alternate list will be created in mid May. Until then, there is no official waitlist. Only "continued consideration". Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance. I hope the spot goes to one of you all. Suerte!

What kind of computers are you guys getting!? I'm seriously having trouble deciding whether I should buy a new computer or just use my old 2009 Macbook Pro. Any current medical students have suggestions?!?

Reactions: 1 users
What kind of computers are you guys getting!? I'm seriously having trouble deciding whether I should buy a new computer or just use my old 2009 Macbook Pro. Any current medical students have suggestions?!?

+1! I definitely need a new computer, but I'm not sure which to get :shrug: lol

Does anyone know when wait list movement will occur? I want this ride to be finally be over

Does anyone know when wait list movement will occur? I want this ride to be finally be over

Someone posted a couple posts above that the alternate list will be created in mid-May, so I'm assuming any waitlist movement won't be occurring until at least after mid-May.

Reactions: 2 users

There were a few threads i saw on this topic with med students siding between apple, the surfacebook, or the pro 4. I think i will be going with the pro 4 if that helps. Great specs and of course the added bonus of a tablet + laptop + stylus to write on notes/slides electronically is great. My friends recommend that if you go with the pro 4 then you should buy your own keyboard unit to go with it because that one that typically comes with it also comes with a hefty pricetag. Hope this helps a little bit :)

Loyola allows for a 1-time budget adjustment for new computer and software up to $2500. A LOT of your resources will be electronic so it's definitely worth it to upgrade.
Personally, I'm a Mac user (like most of my class) and the beauty is being able to sync all of your Apple devices so you can access anything you need at anytime.

OSX + google drive = life

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted! Got the call about 30 minutes ago. Got the waitlist email yesterday too.

Reactions: 4 users
So should we still see some waitlist movement next week? or was that it for this month?

Acceptances will be on an "as needed" basis. As people withdraw, they will offer more seats. They don't have designated dates anymore. I called.

I think I am literally blind. Can anyone post the link to the fb page class of 2020 here?

Any recent news? Getting off the waitlist feels like a long shot at this point...but here's to hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user