2015-2016 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the call today!! In-state, interviewed Feb. 9th.

Anyone else stuck between choosing Loyola vs UIC (Chicago campus)?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted :). I got the call yesterday as well. Beyond thrilled. Interviewed on 2/17.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! That's so exciting. May I ask what your portal status was prior to the offer? Thanks so much!

It said something like thanks for interviewing.

I totally misread the post, hence the edit.

Last edited:
Interviewed 2/17 heard some good news 2 days ago via call! Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 5 users
So, tomorrow is another round of phone calls right? You know, just counting down the days, hours, minutes.. seconds?

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed in late October and still waiting. This. wait. is. excruciating. Good luck to all tomorrow!

Interviewed in late October and still waiting. This. wait. is. excruciating. Good luck to all tomorrow!

Yes it is! Do you mind sharing your most recent portal status? I've been waiting a while too (not as long as you ) Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yes it is! Do you mind sharing your most recent portal status? I've been waiting a while too (not as long as you
emoji53.png
) Good luck!

• Thank you for your interest in the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine. Your file has completed review and will be given additional consideration throughout the duration of the cycle. We highly recommend that you upload professional and personal development updates to your file when applicable. You may do this through your applicant portal. Feel free to also provide the committee with any academic updates to your file that are relevant for your consideration. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our admissions office at [email protected].

• Thank you for your interest in the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine. Your file has completed review and will be given additional consideration throughout the duration of the cycle. We highly recommend that you upload professional and personal development updates to your file when applicable. You may do this through your applicant portal. Feel free to also provide the committee with any academic updates to your file that are relevant for your consideration. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our admissions office at
    [email protected].

Thanks! Mine says the same, just curious!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any ideas what this status means?:
  • Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program.

• Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program.

I had that status before the acceptance date. You should see a portal change tomorrow or this week if the trend continues. Hopefully an acceptance! Otherwise you'll get one similar to mine.

To the best of my knowledge, I believe this means your application is being reviewed by the selection committee, post interview.

I'm fairly confident that it means the committee hasn't convened on your application yet. Guessing tomorrow may or may not be the big day for us

I had that status before the acceptance date. You should see a portal change tomorrow or this week if the trend continues. Hopefully an acceptance! Otherwise you'll get one similar to mine.

So just to clarify, you had that status before you got accepted?

To the best of my knowledge, I believe this means your application is being reviewed by the selection committee, post interview.

That's correct. I have the same status. When I called the office to ask about it earlier this month (since I was told I should hear on 2/15), they said that my application had not been discussed by the selection committee yet.

Here's hoping for some good news for us...

If you don't mind me asking! Dang, I'm anxious as all hell.

Early January! Early March my portal changed to the "file completed review" status. Not sure what it all means, but hoping for the best! Hbu?

Early January! Early March my portal changed to the "file completed review" status. Not sure what it all means, but hoping for the best! Hbu?

I interviewed late Feb! My status has has the "thank yo for completing your interview" status. I'm not usually this eager but Loyola is by far my first choice!

I interviewed late Feb! My status has has the "thank yo for completing your interview" status. I'm not usually this eager but Loyola is by far my first choice!

Right there with you! Still have the interview complete status and interviewed mid-January

Just got the call! Accepted!!!!!!!! Interviewed 2/25!

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone that hasn't heard yet have a portal change? Interviewed early Feb

Congrats!! Hopefully I get that call... I'm so nervous :/. How late do they call?

If it helps, last year I got called after 9 PM-- so they can call late! Some even hear the next day too if they have too many.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you get an email or letter indicating you're waitlisted? Or do you just assume if your portal changes to the waitlist thing?

I just got the call (while on the toilet lol)!!!! She said she was saving my call for last and told me some extremely nice things the my interviewers said to the committee that made me cry :) I'm soooo happy

Reactions: 12 users
I just got the call (while on the toilet lol)!!!! She said she was saving my call for last and told me some extremely nice things the my interviewers said to the committee that made me cry :) I'm soooo happy

Congrats everyone! Looks like they're done for the day. The waiting continues!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to my alma mater. WOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if from now on, they will accept on any day at any time until classes start or do they still meet on or around the 15th?

Wondering the same. Definitely hurts not to get the call today, but congrats to everyone who did!!

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group?