2015-2016 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I get another recruitment email from Loma Linda without an interview invite I might go insane. I'm starting to think there might be some sort of secret code in the email that will open up the interview scheduling webpage.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
LOL i wish. I keep thinking, stop trying to make me want you more when you haven't even tried to get at me with an II yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Today I looked down at my phone and see an email from Loma Linda and I thought it was an II!!! then I realized it was just that email that says how close you are to cool places if you go to LLU...

If I get another recruitment email from Loma Linda without an interview invite I might go insane. I'm starting to think there might be some sort of secret code in the email that will open up the interview scheduling webpage.

Reactions: 1 user
When should I start to despair by not receiving an interview invite?? (Submitted my app in the first week of August)

@wonderdog

Great to see you back on the LLU SDN page! We have missed your input over the last few months. How are clinical rotations going?

I received an email on 9/6 saying my application has been updated, and within this email they indicated there were no outstanding items. However, this doesn't seem to be the same "complete" email others have received. Should I be concerned? I will probably contact them, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Current students and anyone else who knows: does LLU offer any merit scholarships?

Does LL send out IIs all at once? Or do they send them in batches?

They send them out in batches. For all of you who haven't gotten an II yet, I got mine in mid-December last year, interviewed mid-January, and then was accepted two weeks later. LLU keeps sending out interview invites pretty late, so I wouldn't worry yet :).

For those interested, I'm not SDA and I didn't have a letter from a clergy, and neither did one of my best friends who also interviewed around the same time as me and was also accepted.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They send them out in batches. For all of you who haven't gotten an II yet, I got mine in mid-December last year, interviewed mid-January, and then was accepted two weeks later. LLU keeps sending out interview invites pretty late, so I wouldn't worry yet :).

For those interested, I'm not SDA and I didn't have a letter from a clergy, and neither did one of my best friends who also interviewed around the same time as me and was also accepted.

Are you in the Loma Linda Class of 2019?

To everyone who has received an II so far: first, CONGRATS! Second, did you guys have a letter from clergy/church faculty?
I don't have a letter (I go to a megachurch) but I have a ton of church/Christian-related ECs so I'm wondering if I still have a decent chance :I
Thanks! I did not have a letter from any clergy/religious leader.

They had an interview day (likely for the SDA's) today. I ran into an MS2 leading them all on a tour of the campus. FYI.

Well despite being "complete" since 9/4, I just received the "all recommendations have been received and file is complete" email 10 minutes ago.

II just 20 minutes ago, marked complete submitted 10/6 and complete 11/12

Non SDA, Non trad, lizzy m 70ish

First II of the season , literally was praying all day today so this was really nice

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations to all those with II! To give you guys some more dates (I know I always wanted to know more), I received an II on 12/8, interviewed on 1/26, and was accepted on 2/12. (SDA). I ended up deferring, so I'll be joining this coming year's class.

When should I start to despair by not receiving an interview invite?? (Submitted my app in the first week of August)
Definitely don't get too worried yet. I didn't get my II until 2/02 and then interviewed 2/24.

I have my interview here early next week, wondering if anyone might be able to provide any additional information that may be useful for the interview process outside what has already been posted. Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?

Looking forward to coming out to California and seeing the school, it is at the top of my list!

I have my interview here early next week, wondering if anyone might be able to provide any additional information that may be useful for the interview process outside what has already been posted. Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?

Looking forward to coming out to California and seeing the school, it is at the top of my list!

+1 asking about post-interview acceptance rate!

How is this school at accepting students of other faiths? Any current students know of any one in their class who isn't Christian/Catholic?

Yeah - I actually knew a Taoist that went there. You have to attend the weekly chapels, but they described it as more of a... religious good moral and ethics practice sort of thing than a strongly SDA thing. It's actually part of the attraction for me, as a practicing Zen Buddhist, but... I feel it is a longer shot than if I were SDA/Christian.

Edit: I am not a current student, however.

Yeah - I actually knew a Taoist that went there. You have to attend the weekly chapels, but they described it as more of a... religious good moral and ethics practice sort of thing than a strongly SDA thing. It's actually part of the attraction for me, as a practicing Zen Buddhist, but... I feel it is a longer shot than if I were SDA/Christian.

Edit: I am not a current student, however.
As long as you're willing to go to weekly chapels and a few religion classes (again - really really chill classes, they don't force religion down anyone's throat) - then you'll do great here.

Reactions: 1 users
If I get one more "We're great here at Loma Linda" fluff email that gets me all excited for no reason...:boom:

Reactions: 2 users
Seriously! I feel as if they are doing it just to aggravate us at this point!

Does anyone know how the post-interview process goes? Do they call you if you're accepted? What about waitlist/rejection? We didn't really get a talk on what would happen afterwards so...yeah..

Also, how many weeks post-interview can we expect to wait before hearing back?

Does anyone know how the post-interview process goes? Do they call you if you're accepted? What about waitlist/rejection? We didn't really get a talk on what would happen afterwards so...yeah..

Also, how many weeks post-interview can we expect to wait before hearing back?
In the past, if you are accepted, they usually call. If they can't get a hold of you - email.

In the past, calls go out on the 3rd thursday of each month.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed today and loved the school. Hoping to hear back something in a few weeks!

Anyone who has received an II, do they actually send them in the mail or do they email you as well? Considering the number of emails they've sent me about nothing I find it hard to believe they don't email for II's lol

Sorry for filling this thread with questions, but seeing how they've given decisions out 3rd week of Dec in the past, could we possibly hear from them next week? What about those who interviewed 12/8?

Any II recently? And when were you complete?

Also, does this school send rejections out regularly? I know some schools that don't send anything out until way later in the cycle. I was complete late October and haven't heard anything yet so I was just wondering.

Also, does this school send rejections out regularly? I know some schools that don't send anything out until way later in the cycle. I was complete late October and haven't heard anything yet so I was just wondering.

Nov 12. The initially offered me a Jan 21(27?) interview date and I when asked if there was another date they said 12/8 was open

From previous years threads it seems they send rejections in the mail in March.

i got a recommendations received email yesterday, but i was complete in early september according to a prior email showing i submitted everything.

Is this normal?

i got a recommendations received email yesterday, but i was complete in early september according to a prior email showing i submitted everything.

Is this normal?

I got one of those last week, though they sent me a different email months ago saying I was complete. I have no idea what it means exactly... but I don't think it's abnormal!