2015-2016 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thursday should be the first cycle of acceptances. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Doubtful. From what I can surmise from last year, those who interviewed before thanksgiving would primarily get feedback in December, whereas the others would hear in January at the earliest.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
atleast one person who interviewed in December heard back in december of last year so it is possible.

So if we don't hear back this Thurs, we better check our mail like crazy and if there's nothing, it's a chance we'll hear in January?

No! Several people that interviewed than heard back in Jan, so I will just be optimistic about it all :)

They send out calls on the third Thursday night from Dr. Roddy for acceptances (although the batch of calls last January call came on the third Friday morning). They will send you an email after the phone call, and a few days after that, you receive a large manila envelope with an official embossed and signed letter suitable for framing.

So if we don't hear back this Thurs, we better check our mail like crazy and if there's nothing, it's a chance we'll hear in January?

I also interviewed in December last year and was not called during the December round of calls. I got the call in January. My hypothesis is that it may depend on how fast they can do a final review of your app after the interview (your interviewers have to turn in reports, do they have time to get to your app, etc). If you get called in Dec, great! If not, January is coming and you'll get another chance.

Having been through all of this, just last year, just don't think about it too much, and don't stress if you don't get anything in December.

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh today (might) be the day!!

EDIT: Does anyone know when calls might begin?

Last edited:
So out of curiosity I called the admissions office today, and they said interviewed applicants can expect to know about decisions anytime from now until March...

Not super sure what to expect anymore! The lady said there's no expected date on when you'd hear back. I'm guessing if you're not accepted, you'd only find out via snail mail??

I heard that they will be doing calls tomorrow instead of the usual Thursday....

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh really? Where did you hear this from?

Seconded. How do you know? (So I know not to anxiously wait around my phone). That being said, the lady said there's no guarantee anyone from any date will hear back until March (it could be random or whatever? Not sure)

I just wanted to inform you guys, I had a friend just get in, a couple of minutes ago.

Got the call tonight. Yes, I attended an Adventist school--interviewed sometime in September or October I think.

I missed the call and had to check my voicemail. I was told to call back, so hopefully this means I'm accepted, right? couldn't see why they'd call just to reject me or tell me something else haha.

I missed the call and had to check my voicemail. I was told to call back, so hopefully this means I'm accepted, right? couldn't see why they'd call just to reject me or tell me something else haha.
From what I understand they don't call unless you are accepted. Rejections happen by mail, and usually in the spring. I have heard of one instance of them calling to ask someone to come in for a second interview though I understand that is very rare.

It ended up being an acceptance! Absolutely thrilled :)

So if they choose not to accept you post-interview, you don't get notified until later in the cycle?

EDIT: And as for rejections, I know they send them out in March...but how often are interviewed applicants rejected? I saw quite a bit in last year's thread, which is worrying :( I definitely emphasized a lot of the more personal things I loved about LLU and the impact they have in the neighboring community (which I live in)...but I'm afraid my hesitation in choosing between international missions and working within the community itself might demonstrate that I'm not as jazzed about international medical missions as they might hope me to be... (but nowhere in my app has anything like that). Now I'm afraid they might not think I'd be a good fit cause of that...

Sigh. Worrying now :/ but trying to stay positive!

Last edited:
So if they choose not to accept you post-interview, you don't get notified until later in the cycle?

EDIT: And as for rejections, I know they send them out in March...but how often are interviewed applicants rejected? I saw quite a bit in last year's thread, which is worrying :( I definitely emphasized a lot of the more personal things I loved about LLU and the impact they have in the neighboring community (which I live in)...but I'm afraid my hesitation in choosing between international missions and working within the community itself might demonstrate that I'm not as jazzed about international medical missions as they might hope me to be... (but nowhere in my app has anything like that). Now I'm afraid they might not think I'd be a good fit cause of that...

Sigh. Worrying now :/ but trying to stay positive!

stay positive! i don't think what you said reflects poor fit at all, but i'm not on admissions xD

Also, just wanted to stop by and say I interviewed here a couple weeks ago and really loved the faith-based environment. The students and faculty here are really different from that of any other school I've interviewed at in a good way.

CONGRATULATIONS to the new members of LLU's class of 2020!!!

We are excited you have been accepted to the next incoming class. I am hoping to meet many of you in August, when we MS2's will get to meet you at orientation and help you get settled in for your first year of med school.

For those accepted, I will be posting some more info soon on next steps for you and some more info on LLU to hopefully persuade you if you have not already firmly decided to go to LLU.

I know this may be difficult to answer, but does anyone know how far along LLU is in their interviewing schedule? I know their schedule is shifted a bit later than most schools. I haven't been offered an II and I am starting to get worried that my chances of attending LLU have become slim. Im non-SDA, do you think has anything to do with it?

I know this may be difficult to answer, but does anyone know how far along LLU is in their interviewing schedule? I know their schedule is shifted a bit later than most schools. I haven't been offered an II and I am starting to get worried that my chances of attending LLU have become slim. Im non-SDA, do you think has anything to do with it?

Given the fact they will send out mass rejections in March, I'm guessing their interviews will end sometime before that??

Does anyone have transportation suggestions- what airport to fly into etc? I'm interviewing the last week of January.

Ontario is closest, probably a 20 min drive. I got a rental car and drove from lax, it was about 2.5 hours in peak traffic and 1.5 hours back. I stayed with someone from the home stay program and that was nice too.

So I was accepted before winter break started, and the admissions office said I would be receiving a letter in the mail regarding holding my spot, etc... Unfortunately, they would be mailing it to my undergrad where I am currently hundreds of miles away from. Now what? Should I just send an email to the admissions department explaining my situation? Thanks! (this is especially for current students @On Eagle's Wings )

You should have received an email from the admissions office on what to do to hold your spot. The packet in the mail is a packet of formal letters and info. the email contains info on setting up your student portal, paying the seat deposit, etc. If you have not gotten the email yet, I would email the admissions dept.

I got an acceptance call on Dec 17th but still no email or anything in the mail. Does anyone know how long they give you to accept after getting called? And did anyone get an acceptance email?

I got a weird email today from LLU Admissions.
It stated that they had just received my recommendations and that my file was just complete.
This is very odd because I submitted my secondary in October and received a complete email a week later. While checking the admissions website in the past, I remember seeing that my file was complete so that's why this email cot me really, really off guard. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a sign of something?

I got a weird email today from LLU Admissions.
It stated that they had just received my recommendations and that my file was just complete.
This is very odd because I submitted my secondary in October and received a complete email a week later. While checking the admissions website in the past, I remember seeing that my file was complete so that's why this email cot me really, really off guard. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a sign of something?
This seems to be their thing. Happened to me as well and others with different complete dates. Doesnt mean a thing, dont worry about it.

how late did loma linda offer interview invites last year? still havent heard anything post secondary. does anyone know if rejections have went out?

how late did loma linda offer interview invites last year? still havent heard anything post secondary. does anyone know if rejections have went out?

I don't think they'll reject you until March, when everyone who hasn't gotten waitlisted or accepted will receive their rejections (according to last year's thread)

Is the admissions office open to providing a status update on our app if we call in?

So this months acceptances are this week or next? Do people get rejected from november and december interviews?

ACCEPTED! Phone call right now

Out of state non-sda!

Praise God wowowowow

Reactions: 5 users