2020-2021 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I interviewed back in October and still haven’t heard anything... should I be nervous? Does it help to send a letter of interest/application update post interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think anyone has set up an official Facebook or anything yet. I know my friends accepted into other schools have set up groupme to get to know each other. Would anyone be interested in this?
I would be down!

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of late post (had to make a new account as I have just been lurking on here throughout the cycle) but interviewed 2/2 and got the acceptance call last Thursday around 6 pm!

Reactions: 2 users
Kind of late post (had to make a new account as I have just been lurking on here throughout the cycle) but interviewed 2/2 and got the acceptance call last Thursday around 6 pm!
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

So I interviewed back in October and still haven’t heard anything... should I be nervous? Does it help to send a letter of interest/application update post interview?
That's interesting, I wonder what this means. I interviewed 1/28 and it seems that people who interviewed after me were offered a position. Maybe they are unsure about us?

That's interesting, I wonder what this means. I interviewed 1/28 and it seems that people who interviewed after me were offered a position. Maybe they are unsure about us?

I wouldn't worry too much! I was interviewed in December and didn't get an acceptance call until this month. Some people who interviewed after me got the call in January.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't worry too much! I was interviewed in December and didn't get an acceptance call until this month. Some people who interviewed after me got the call in January.
Thank you for giving me some hope and congrats on your A! I interviewed 1/26 and didn’t hear back last week. Did you submit a LOI or anything like that in between your interview and A? I did send thank you letters but was wondering if submitting something else could help? I desperately want to go here

Thank you for giving me some hope and congrats on your A! I interviewed 1/26 and didn’t hear back last week. Did you submit a LOI or anything like that in between your interview and A? I did send thank you letters but was wondering if submitting something else could help? I desperately want to go here

Thanks! I didn't submit a LOI but I was planning to if I didn't get the call this month. I've heard that it's best to wait at least a month after your interview before submitting a LOI because some ADCOMs may think you're making a rash decisions and/or haven't really considered other schools. But honestly, I say do what you feel is right!

Does anyone know the schedule that their committee meets and considers interviewees? Or the schedule of when decisions are sent out? I interviewed today actually and I'm not expecting immediate contact, just curious if there's any trend.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the schedule that their committee meets and considers interviewees? Or the schedule of when decisions are sent out? I interviewed today actually and I'm not expecting immediate contact, just curious if there's any trend.
I think it’s that they send out decisions on the 2nd Thursday of the month. Maybe it will start coming more often in these last few months, but so far it’s been once per month.

Members don't see this ad :)
For any accepted students:

By when do we need to complete making an LLU email account and getting the background check, vaccinations, etc...?

I'm out of town for the next few weeks/working so wont be able to really do all that until probably mid March? Like is this stuff time sensitive or do we just need to complete it prior to matriculation? Thank you!

For any accepted students:

By when do we need to complete making an LLU email account and getting the background check, vaccinations, etc...?

I'm out of town for the next few weeks/working so wont be able to really do all that until probably mid March? Like is this stuff time sensitive or do we just need to complete it prior to matriculation? Thank you!

According to the offer details, the pre-entrance health requirements form needs to be completed at least three weeks prior to registration. The student portal says that registration for the MD program begins June 1. I'd try to have everything done by then.

Was anyone fortunate to link with a current med student via the Homestay program? I got some info from the homestay host but that was after he had tried to reach out to a few students but never got anyone to chat with me. I am OOS and I know that I will def matriculate here but wanted to get some perspective from a current student especially M1-M3...

Was anyone fortunate to link with a current med student via the Homestay program? I got some info from the homestay host but that was after he had tried to reach out to a few students but never got anyone to chat with me. I am OOS and I know that I will def matriculate here but wanted to get some perspective from a current student especially M1-M3...
M1 here. Feel free to DM me.

Does Loma Linda offer any merit scholarships or any form of aid at all? I'm looking at their 2020-2021 tuition, and it's an average of ~60k+ a year...

Does Loma Linda offer any merit scholarships or any form of aid at all? I'm looking at their 2020-2021 tuition, and it's an average of ~60k+ a year...
More than that when you add additional expenses 😩

Should we anticipate more results coming out this week?

Is March usually the last month of acceptances before waitlist and rejects are mostly sent out?

Is March usually the last month of acceptances before waitlist and rejects are mostly sent out?
There were people getting interviews in April on last app cycle’s thread, so who knows...

I’m certainly nervous though.

Hey everybody!!! So, I saw that Loma Linda offers the Biomedical Sciences — M.M.S., and I see that admissions is by invitation only, and there is no way to apply directly to the program? Is there a way to express interest in this program to admissions, and if so how is it recommended to do so? Can applicants still be considered for this program even after getting a rejection to the MD program? Thank you all so much for all of your time, insight, advice, and assistance. It is all greatly appreciated, best of luck to you all, and I really hope we all eventually get accepted!!!!! ..... :)

So is tomorrow the day the committee meets and decides who to accept? :oops: and calls go out in the evening?

Just me or is anyone else getting SO NERVOUS!?!

ahhh I wish they would call!! If I interviewed early Feb do we think it’s too soon to hear back?

ahhh I wish they would call!! If I interviewed early Feb do we think it’s too soon to hear back?
I also interviewed early Feb. and I was looking at old threads and back on this one and people were saying they usually heard back the following month so maybe we will hear??

I also interviewed early Feb. and I was looking at old threads and back on this one and people were saying they usually heard back the following month so maybe we will hear??
Yeah I think we should if we get accepted!! I’m not sure how they’re handling WL or post-II R though...

• Love
Do any accepted students mind telling us who from LLU made the phone call? Like was it your interviewer or just someone from the AdCom?

Do any accepted students mind telling us who from LLU made the phone call? Like was it your interviewer or just someone from the AdCom?
That would depend on who interviewed you cause it’s different for each of us. But it was someone from admissions.

Last month the calls didn’t come in until past 6 pm so don’t worry y’all!

• Care
Acceptance call just came in! interviewed 3/5

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R came in.

It really bites - IE and SDA. I’m not surprised though - my record is pretty choppy. I would’ve loved to stay near home...but that doesn’t seem likely now.

Last edited:
  • Care
Got my acceptance call about an hour ago! Interviewed waaaay back in October, so don't lose hope if you didn't hear anything! Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
For those who have not yet gotten accepted, did you guys get an email after your interview? Or is the last email you received your interview confirmation?

Last edited:
So is the next round of acceptances before the April 15 deadline to narrow down to 3? Or will we just be waitlisted at this point?

I got the call last night at 6pm PST. Accepted! 513, 3.7, non-trad, SDA, OOS.

Reactions: 2 users