2018-2019 Loma Linda University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post the secondary questions once you receive them. Check last year's thread in the 2017-2018 SSD forum for last year's questions, they tend to not change very much from year to year.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Loma Linda University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the secondaries for last year that I found on an old thread.
Does anyone know if they will still considering offering a II if you say yes to #7?
Also, for #8, can we just answer "Yes", not sure why there is 250 characters

(1) Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM). (750 characters max)

(2) What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you? (750 characters max)

(3) What qualities make you a desirable candidate for admission to LLUSM? (750 characters max)

(4) Discuss how your spiritual experience has influenced your life and how you integrate it into your daily life. (750 characters max)

(5) What experiences in your life would illustrate your perspective on service to others? (750 characters max)

(6) As a Christian educational institution the medical curriculum integrates spiritual, ethical, and relational issues from a Christian perspective into the practice of medicine. Weekly chapel services and religion courses are part of this program. Please respond to the above as it relates to your personal educational and career goals. (750 characters max)

(7) Loma Linda University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution that has lifestyle expectations that include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms. In the past year, have you used any of these substances? If so, which one(s)? (250 characters max)

(8) If accepted to LLUSM, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of Loma Linda University School of Medicine? (250 characters max)

Anyone get a secondary invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
:(
from last year's thread people got secondaries around this time so hopefully it comes in soon!
I just want to start pre writing haha
I already prewrote mine, assuming its the same as last year

Secondary received, same prompts as last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thoughts on applying even though I don't have any religious affiliation?

Thoughts on applying even though I don't have any religious affiliation?
How do you feel about attending mandatory religious classes and church?
Also, abiding by their Christian set of rules.

How do you feel about attending mandatory religious classes and church?
Also, abiding by their Christian set of rules.
I don't mind that but are they specifically looking for Christian applicants?

I don't mind that but are they specifically looking for Christian applicants?

True. And outside of faculty, will my (potential) classmates be super devout and tell on me for having a beer?

Semi-joking, but actually curious before I take the time to submit

True. And outside of faculty, will my (potential) classmates be super devout and tell on me for having a beer?

Semi-joking, but actually curious before I take the time to submit
Totally agree. Also their secondary is pretty extensive so trying to see if its even worth my time

Secondary app submitted.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Also their secondary is pretty extensive so trying to see if its even worth my time
+1 have the same question. Worth applying as a non-christian?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you could help me understand something. I was looking through LLU's website and one of the things written was that they aim to "transform daily activities into personal ministries." Can someone explain what that means exactly? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you could help me understand something. I was looking through LLU's website and one of the things written was that they aim to "transform daily activities into personal ministries." Can someone explain what that means exactly? Thanks in advance!
I think it's something along the lines of transforming the normal everyday things in life into sacred activities or little ways of helping others. Like, hmmm on my walk to work I will try to smile at everyone walking by and I will be open to helping those who I see instead of turning my eyes (eg: a car broke down, someone lost their dog) or another example could be a daily activity of eating --> transformed into a ministry of eating only things that are good for us and for the earth's health so eating becomes a sacred act instead of just a mundane task.... does this help?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not religious but I definitely have a fair bit of exposure to Christianity and Judaism. I would be perfectly happy to have a christian influenced education. Adding Loma Linda to my list later today. Good luck everyone!

I submitted on the 12th and havent received a complete email yet :/

I just received the complete and under review email as well, submitted secondary 7/19.

submitted secondary on 7/19 and received complete email on 7/25

if you don't mind sharing, what does the complete email say?

" Dear Applicant,

This is to advise that your file is now complete and your application is in review. Loma Linda University School of Medicine considers each applicant in a holistic manner, and as such, our processing times vary for each application. If our office requires any further information, we will contact you directly. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made. It is important to know review can take up to four months.

Thank you,

Office of Admissions | Loma Linda University School of Medicine | Loma Linda, CA 92350 | 909-558-4467"

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted the secondary 7/19, they emailed me that they received it 7/20, and I gotta a complete email today, 7/26.

How did you guys respond to #7 in regards to drinking alcohol periodically?

Does anyone know if they will contact my pastor? It was required that I provided a phone number but I attend a huge church occasionally (like once a month probably) so he won't have any idea who I am :(

Also, does anyone know what the interview is like?

When do early decision applicants get interviews?

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know of what LLUSM did to students who did NOT abide by the lifestyle expectations? This isn't a deal breaker for me, but I want to know if I'm allowed to still drink on special occasions and what not. Thank you!