2019-2020 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven’t heard anything yet-I interviewed last week of February
I haven't heard anything yet either and I interviewed 12/5

Members don't see this ad.

To give an answer on the opposite end, I was accepted two months after my interview. Not saying yours could take this long, but I don't think they have set a definite pattern for how long it takes to get back to people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I second this question.
I know the interview on 2/25 was their last “formal interview day” with tours and a breakdown of curriculum, but they said it is still possible to be invited to come in by yourself for your two interviews and nothing else.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I know the interview on 2/25 was their last “formal interview day” with tours and a breakdown of curriculum, but they said it is still possible to be invited to come in by yourself for your two interviews and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Do you know if there’s a difference between those offered “formal” interviews and those who were just invited for the interview. I interviewed 1/28 and I know you have to give them dates and they give you one that works for the interview, but I’m wondering if perhaps the reason some applicants got formal ones is because the dates they offered lined up with a “formal” interview day.

Do you know if there’s a difference between those offered “formal” interviews and those who were just invited for the interview. I interviewed 1/28 and I know you have to give them dates and they give you one that works for the interview, but I’m wondering if perhaps the reason some applicants got formal ones is because the dates they offered lined up with a “formal” interview day.
Well they had to make room for me in the final interview day, because initially they told me I would come in on whichever day I had free but then they called me back and informed me they made a spot for me. I asked since that day was full if I could just do another day but they said it was their last formal interview day for the cycle.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Well they had to make room for me in the final interview day, because initially they told me I would come in on whichever day I had free but then they called me back and informed me they made a spot for me. I asked since that day was full if I could just do another day but they said it was their last formal interview day for the cycle.
Okay that makes sense, so perhaps it was just convenient for them to have all of you interview that one day rather than just have you be there on your own. I had a separate interview which was weird but I was still able to do the tour and everything which was fine. So I guess there isn’t much of a difference, thank you!

Okay that makes sense, so perhaps it was just convenient for them to have all of you interview that one day rather than just have you be there on your own. I had a separate interview which was weird but I was still able to do the tour and everything which was fine. So I guess there isn’t much of a difference, thank you!
Was your interview after 2/25?

anyone know If acceptances have been given out recently? I am getting a bit antsy lol

anyone know If acceptances have been given out recently? I am getting a bit antsy lol
Same, radio silence here and I interviewed on Oct. Hopefully more calls go out tmr!

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they're receptive to pre-II letters of interest? Or if it will even make a difference...

They opened a biomed application for me today (interviewed late February).. is this a rejection from the MD program? Unsure of how this works

They opened a biomed application for me today (interviewed late February).. is this a rejection from the MD program? Unsure of how this works
I just called admissions to inquire about the same thing and unfortunately yes it means we are no longer being considered for the MD program

Did you apply for the biomed program at all or they just sent you an email suggesting you to apply?

I just called admissions to inquire about the same thing and unfortunately yes it means we are no longer being considered for the MD program
Can confirm, just got the official rejection letter posted to my portal.

Did you apply for the biomed program at all or they just sent you an email suggesting you to apply?
Did not apply for biomed. They sent me an email about a biomed application being opened on my behalf, ~2 hours later got the official R for my MD application.

Sigh. So, I guess next month are all the Rs, WLs, and BioMeds.
I dunno, they only have until March 30 to fill their class. It doesn't seem like they've made enough offers for that yet. I'd appreciate some communication from them, however.

Also received my acceptance this past Thursday. Interviewed on 2/12, SDA

I hope there’s still more As being sent cause I just interviewed 2/25-has anyone been accepted that interviewed this late? /:

When is Loma Linda gonna send out the Rs to those of us who haven’t received IIs?

When is Loma Linda gonna send out the Rs to those of us who haven’t received IIs?
IIs are sent out until mid April so although they might sent out Rs before then there's still a possibility you receive an II within these next few weeks

IIs are sent out until mid April so although they might sent out Rs before then there's still a possibility you receive an II within these next few weeks
Their online calendar suggests interview invitations are offered through March. By AAMC policy, they have to give enough acceptances to fill their class by March 30. It seems they have different ways of interviewing applicants, so maybe they're still extending interviews through their less traditional route?

Application Timeline | School of Medicine Loma Linda University

I hope there’s still more As being sent cause I just interviewed 2/25-has anyone been accepted that interviewed this late? /:

Here is some clarification to help you out, and not just for LLU but also other schools:

By March 15 schools have to extend As that equals the number of seats in the class. This absolutely does not mean they won't extend more after that date. So it's fairly common to interview in March since school will extend As till the end of April and maybe a couple in May. So if you're waiting it's all good, it is not too late.

Below are the AAMC rules for reference.

4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.

5. On or before April 30, permit ALL applicants (except for EDP applicants):
  • A minimum of two weeks to respond to their acceptance offer.
  • To hold acceptance offers or a waitlist position from any other schools or programs without penalty (i.e. scholarships).
6. After April 30:
  • Permit all applicants:
    • A minimum of five business days to respond to an acceptance offer. This may be reduced to a minimum of two business days within 30 days of the start of orientation.
    • To submit a statement of intent, a deposit, or both.
  • Recognize and respect the challenges of applicants with multiple acceptance offers, applicants who have not yet received an acceptance offer, and applicants who have not yet been informed about financial aid opportunities at schools to which they have been accepted.

Anyone know if this “mandatory” shelter in place rule has impacted the admissions process and meetings? I think it’s only been 3 or 4 days since the governor mandated it so not sure if the admissions committee will be taking even longer now...

Anyone know if this “mandatory” shelter in place rule has impacted the admissions process and meetings? I think it’s only been 3 or 4 days since the governor mandated it so not sure if the admissions committee will be taking even longer now...
I don't see how it'd drastically impact the process as most meetings can be done virtually

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about financial aid yet or know when we might start getting that info? I had mine completed before I was accepted but haven't heard anything since.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did anyone get notified to be on the waitlist?

I recently contacted them and it seems like your hunch was right. Things may be moving slower because of the governor's mandate

Hi everyone,

So I decided to finally join the conversation because yesterday I got an II and just wanted to share for those of you still waiting for news. The interview will be through Zoom for obvious reasons haha

Hi everyone,

So I decided to finally join the conversation because yesterday I got an II and just wanted to share for those of you still waiting for news. The interview will be through Zoom for obvious reasons haha

WOW what?? Did you send them any updates or something? I was going to, but I assumed it was already over!

WOW what?? Did you send them any updates or something? I was going to, but I assumed it was already over!

Yeah I was pretty sad that I didn't get an invite in March but I opened my email and lo and behold an interview invite! I didn't send them anything actually.

Last edited:
Yeah I was pretty sad that I didn't get an invite in March but I opened my email and lo and behold an interview invite! I didn't send them anything actually.
Seriously congrats! Haha a lot of us are wishing for one too. Hope you kill it!

Is anyone blown away they’re still offering interviews (congrats to those who received an interview invite!) but haven’t gotten back to some people who interviewed in November and December....

• Haha
Hey guys! Just an update, I also recently received a zoom interview as well:) If you guys have any tips for the zoom interview please let me know!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Is today another round of acceptance calls? Has anyone heard anything yet?