2015-2016 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm guessing March? I interviewed 12/8 and didn't hear back until January

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any information or tips for off campus housing?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any information or tips for off campus housing?

I live 45 min away from LLUSM right now, and am using LLU trading post to secure a place within this next month (my apartment lease expires in March so I gotta get out of here).

There is also a LLU for sale group on FB that has been awesome in helping me get materials needed for moving and finding resources for housing and stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the next date is that the Dean will call applicants notifying them of their acceptance?

Question for students: Do you guys have a car/need a car? The proximity to the hospital makes it really tempting for me to just forego a car...at least for the first 2 years for sure. Does anyone bike to school? :)

Question for students: Do you guys have a car/need a car? The proximity to the hospital makes it really tempting for me to just forego a car...at least for the first 2 years for sure. Does anyone bike to school? :)

A lot of us either bike or walk to school. I personally do not have car here, although it does make it harder to volunteer for Healthy Neighborhoods Project in San Bernardino or go to church if you don't have a car. You can always carpool though.

So, I got an email about completing my Financial Aid packet and I have not gotten an acceptance call..does anyone know if this means anything??

So... tomorrow should be the next wave of acceptances?

I sure hope so. I thought it was last Thursday and had a panic attack every time my phone rang.

I sure hope so. I thought it was last Thursday and had a panic attack every time my phone rang.
Nice nickname, egw1844. Can't get any more sda than that haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I just woke up from a weird dream about Loma Linda! In the dream I was still waiting for an acceptance letter and school started and I just went to Loma linda! first day of classes I broke my tooth and had to go to the hospital and they couldn't find any records of me! Can't imagine how much trouble I was in....then I woke up!haha.

God knows how bad I need an acceptance letter from this precious school.

I just woke up from a weird dream about Loma Linda! In the dream I was still waiting for an acceptance letter and school started and I just went to Loma linda! first day of classes I broke my tooth and had to go to the hospital and they couldn't find any records of me! Can't imagine how much trouble I was in....then I woke up!haha.

God knows how bad I need an acceptance letter from this precious school.

:) We're all praying for the same thing! Best of lucks for all of us today.

Best wishes to everyone as we wait for the next round of acceptances. I still remember how incredibly nervous I was waiting for the phone call (that I missed). Everything will be fine; just pray and let God's will be done. Pulling for all of you to come here!

Received the call about 40 min ago. Thank God, and thank you sdn friends

Reactions: 3 users
congrats.

anyone know if this is the last wave of acceptances?

congrats.

anyone know if this is the last wave of acceptances?

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is one of the last big waves of acceptances. I know they keep accepting up until late July (each year, they often have one person who gets an acceptance call a few days before orientation due to someone deferring), but I think acceptances do not come out in as big of batches as the Dec, Jan, and Feb call outs. Again, I am not completely sure, but based off of activity on the SDN LLU thread last year, and the fact that most people I know got calls between Dec. and Feb, is what leads me to make this hypothesis.

Also, there is one last interview (that I know of) in late Feb, so there may possibly be call outs again later in the spring. But at this point, I think it will probably be a much smaller batch of calls.

no, it shouldn't be. just Pray and hang in there all of you who havent been accepted yet. thats all i could say.

Got the call around 7 pm today! What a journey... Good luck to all of you and congrats to those of you who got in as well.

So, I got an email about completing my Financial Aid packet and I have not gotten an acceptance call..does anyone know if this means anything??

I got an email about that too. Did you get an acceptance call though?

Does anyone know if they are still extending interview invitations?

In case you all didn't know, if you have been accepted to Loma Linda, there is a Facebook group for the class of 2020. It is another good resource if you have questions as you transition to Loma Linda over the summer.

Sorry, I just realized that there are more interviews coming up. The admission dean had told us when we signed up to lead tours for the interviewing students that last week was the last interview date. Now I realize that she meant the last interview date she needed us to sign up for leading tours, not the last interview date overall. Sorry everyone!

Got an email to interview yesterday! Suuuuper excited! Out of State, SDA. Still hope for people out there waiting on an offer to interview!

Reactions: 4 users
How is the recorded lecture system at LLU?

Is attendance typically required for lectures?

Thanks

Is attendance typically required for lectures?

Thanks

There is no recorded lecture system.

Attendance is not recorded at any lectures except for clicker sessions and problem-based learning sessions that are integrated into certain lectures.

Ah still hoping for an interview here!! That would be a dream! From California and would love to go back home!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what's happening for this month? Will there be a call - or no because of Match Day? Also, is this the month that we will know if we're on the waiting list / Biomedical program?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the call informing me that I've been accepted!!!!! You should've seen me jumping up and down like a crazy girl in the gym! Thank you God. Goodluck to everyone still waiting, don't give up ! Interviewed November 3rd.

I also just got the call!! I can't believe it! My hands are still shaking! Praise God :)!!! And like rob said, never give up!!!!

Recorded lectures are being beta tested at the moment. If things go well, it's likely we'll have a full roll out of the lecture capture software next year.