2015-2016 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG so I was neurotically checking this thread and past threads for random bits of info, and then I get a call from my research advisor from LLU...

Except it's her "work" #, which I guess apparently is the general LLUSM # and it was Dr. Roddy saying I was accepted! AHHHHHHH!! It was so unexpected, I thought it would be next week!

On a sadder note though...when I called my mom out of excitement to tell her the good news, she then told me my grandfather had to be sent to the hospital last night...soOoOo I'm currently feeling a bit confused (happy + worried at the same time)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been anxiously waiting but nothing yet. would they keep calling until tomorrow?

These calls are earlier than last January, when they did it on the morning of Friday, Jan. 16.

December and November interviewees should get their calls today (for reference, I interviewed in Dec. and got accepted in Jan). If you do not get called, don't lose hope! You are still on their revolving waitlist and could get the call in Feb. (the next big callout). Rejections are not sent out until mid to late March at the earliest.

I do know that the last interview dates are in Feb. by the way.

Congratulations to all those accepted. Enjoy the moment, and we hope to see you in August!

P.s. Read last year's thread to hear my own bad story of how I ignored Dr. Roddys call...

These calls are earlier than last January, when they did it on the morning of Friday, Jan. 16.

December and November interviewees should get their calls today (for reference, I interviewed in Dec. and got accepted in Jan). If you do not get called, don't lose hope! You are still on their revolving waitlist and could get the call in Feb. (the next big callout). Rejections are not sent out until mid to late March at the earliest.

Congratulations to all those accepted. Enjoy the moment, and we hope to see you in August!

P.s. Read last year's thread to hear my own bad story of how I ignored Dr. Roddys call...

Is there an accepted student group??

There is a Facebook group titled "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2020".

I was going to put this in a post that I was going to write on info for newly accepted students. Since that has not happened (thank you medical school), here it is now.

There is a Facebook group titled "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2020".

I was going to put this in a post that I was going to write on info for newly accepted students. Since that has not happened (thank you medical school), here it is now.

Yay for neuro right?

Still waiting post-secondary.......does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invitations?

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call yesterday! Good luck to all those still waiting, plenty of time to still get your call!

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting post-secondary.......does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invitations?

hope this helps!

Out of curiosity, when should we expect the packet to arrive via snail mail? I'm slightly paranoid. Perhaps tomorrow or Thursday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received post interview rejection?

Do you guys recommend sending in a letter of interest if I interviewed over 2.5 months ago and haven't heard back from them ?

Has anyone received post interview rejection?

Do you guys recommend sending in a letter of interest if I interviewed over 2.5 months ago and haven't heard back from them ?
oh man. It is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are like me, you probably get nervous at times. But you really never know whats going on. Its possible that they simply have not completed their final reviews. Try to stay positive.

oh man. It is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are like me, you probably get nervous at times. But you really never know whats going on. Its possible that they simply have not completed their final reviews. Try to stay positive.
It's so scary considering how long it's been since some of us interviewed and still haven't heard back:(. Hopefully February is the month . I really loved this school

Anyone have any insight on when the last interview dates are in Feb? I'm assuming that if we do not hear back from LLU within the next week or so for an II, then we'll most likely be rejected.

I was interviewed in October, accepted February.

Anyone have any insight on when the last interview dates are in Feb? I'm assuming that if we do not hear back from LLU within the next week or so for an II, then we'll most likely be rejected.

Feb. 25 is the last interview day (from what I know). Rejections usually are not sent out until mid-March. A bunch of acceptances typically goes out in mid-February.

Feb. 25 is the last interview day (from what I know). Rejections usually are not sent out until mid-March. A bunch of acceptances typically goes out in mid-February.
Thanks! Do you know if the invites have already been sent out for this date?

Thanks! Do you know if the invites have already been sent out for this date?

Don't know, though all of the Homestay requests I have recently been getting have been for the interview dates in late January and early February.

Sorry for all the questions...does LLU have a second look?

And has anyone gotten their packets yet? What's usually in there (I'm starting to think I hallucinated the call) *goes to check call history*

Sorry for all the questions...does LLU have a second look?

And has anyone gotten their packets yet? What's usually in there (I'm starting to think I hallucinated the call) *goes to check call history*

No, they do not offer a second look.

The packet contains an acceptance letter, a checklist of items, and a welcome letter from the dean of students (if I remember correctly).

No, they do not offer a second look.

The packet contains an acceptance letter, a checklist of items, and a welcome letter from the dean of students (if I remember correctly).

Hey sorry for another question: I just received the packet this week, and one of the checklist items was a deposit that had to be paid within 30 days, for which we were to receive instructions for via an email. I haven't received the email yet (has anyone else...???), and was wondering when I should perhaps email them and ask about it?

Hey sorry for another question: I just received the packet this week, and one of the checklist items was a deposit that had to be paid within 30 days, for which we were to receive instructions for via an email. I haven't received the email yet (has anyone else...???), and was wondering when I should perhaps email them and ask about it?
Did you receive a welcome email? I had a welcome email with instructions.

If you don't receive anything soon, you could call of course.

Declining interview invite for next month, best of luck everyone!

Haven't been on this thread for months. Decided to check it out and see if any interviews were being given out. Checked my email for something else, and ta da. Interview invite from Loma Linda. Complete early September.

Haven't been on this thread for months. Decided to check it out and see if any interviews were being given out. Checked my email for something else, and ta da. Interview invite from Loma Linda. Complete early September.
Congrats!

Do you mind sharing your stats? Congrats on the II

Had a question for any current students about the iPad thing:

I read somewhere that LLU gives each student an iPad to use for school. How many of you guys use that for classes/notes/etc? I originally planned on using my laptop for most of my academic/school-related stuff since I work much faster on a keyboard to take notes. What do most students do in terms of class/note-taking/tech stuff for school?

Do you mind sharing your stats? Congrats on the II
GPA:4.0 MCAT: 511. Submitted secondary in September. Got an email from LLU like two weeks ago saying my app was complete...so a little delay there!

Had a question for any current students about the iPad thing:

I read somewhere that LLU gives each student an iPad to use for school. How many of you guys use that for classes/notes/etc? I originally planned on using my laptop for most of my academic/school-related stuff since I work much faster on a keyboard to take notes. What do most students do in terms of class/note-taking/tech stuff for school?

Most students use their iPad for most med-school related activity. Most students purchase the iPad case that includes a keyboard so they can type notes onto the powerpoints. Along with the iPad, the school of medicine will give you free apps that allow you to edit PDFs and powerpoints. So most people will type their notes into text boxes on the notes or just onto word docs on their iPad. The iPad is incredibly useful and is a great resource provided to us.

Their are some students who use MacBooks for notes, if you have it. A lot of us who don't have MacBooks just use the iPad. It has 64 gb storage

It's so scary considering how long it's been since some of us interviewed and still haven't heard back:(. Hopefully February is the month . I really loved this school
I agree. But all we could do is Pray and hope. There is nothing we really could do at this point besides keeping up or continuing to improve whatever we are involved in. I really do love this school and its my first choice and i would take it in a heart beat.

@On Eagle's Wings , as a non-SDA Christian, do you attend church services (aside from mandatory chapel on Wed) with LLU or did you manage to find a church in your denomination in the area? Do non-SDA Christians usually end up worshipping/attending church outside of Chapel on their own?

@On Eagle's Wings , as a non-SDA Christian, do you attend church services (aside from mandatory chapel on Wed) with LLU or did you manage to find a church in your denomination in the area? Do non-SDA Christians usually end up worshipping/attending church outside of Chapel on their own?

Yes, there are a lot of churches of different denominations in the surrounding area that most of us attend on Saturdays or Sunday. Most of us (regardless of denomination) attend chapel on Wednesday, go to church on Saturday or Sunday, and go to at least one or two Bible studies/vespers a week. A complete packet listing many local churches will be given to you at orientation.

Are you sure the last interview is Feb25? There are more competitive schools that are interviewing all the way into late March....

This is what
Are you sure the last interview is Feb25? There are more competitive schools that are interviewing all the way into late March....
This is as far as I personally know based off dates that the school of medicine asked us to give tours to interviewing students.

II about 10 minutes ago! Happy Monday y'all! Non-SDA Christian, IS, LizzyM mid 60's. I am not sure I will attend, so this may be going to one of you!

Does anyone know where to find LLU residency match stats. Can't find the data anywhere.

Just withdrew my app and interview so hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if LLU is receptive to letters of intent pre II?? I would absolutely LOVE to go to LLU..