2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait my status just changed today to "a decision has been made and a letter had been mailed to your preferred address" eeeeek

Ah, status today changed to "The Admissions Committee has reached a decision on your application. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address." It had been under review by the committee for about a week now.

Have either of you received anything in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone on spring hold heard anything new?

Reactions: 3 users
Just noticed the "letter has been mailed" status change yesterday. Literally so nervous lol. Have people gotten an email before the actual snail mail?

Just noticed the "letter has been mailed" status change yesterday. Literally so nervous lol. Have people gotten an email before the actual snail mail?

Some people have gotten it before, some after.

Good luck! When did you interview / what was your status prior to the change?

Accepted via email today, interviewed early January!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted via letter today, interviewed early January.

For those of you that got the letter ONLY and no e-mail, did you get accepted?

Status changed to "letter mailed." *fingers crossed* :)

I don't suppose I can call to find out my decision, can I? :p

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites to those "on hold"?

Does anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites to those "on hold"?

I called a couple of weeks ago and asked when they plan on reviewing those on "spring hold," and the lady's reply was "Spring." :lame:

Reactions: 6 users
I called a couple of weeks ago and asked when they plan on reviewing those on "spring hold," and the lady's reply was "Spring." :lame:
Ok so that means on the first day of spring (spring equinox is March 20th) they will start pulling people from spring hold if any II's are available. I'm honestly writing this school off due to history not being so kind to people on spring hold. But, you never know. Maybe the group of people on spring hold was poorly represented on SDN and others have gained IIs.

Received an II off the spring hold March 1st

Reactions: 16 users
Just called admissions today.
They said that they will be interviewing until April.
Quote: "So you have a possibility of receiving an interview invite any time now for the next 3-4 weeks"

Reactions: 14 users
Just called admissions today.
They said that they will be interviewing until April.
Quote: "So you have a possibility of receiving an interview invite any time now for the next 3-4 weeks"

Good work sir.

Did anyone receive a "second look" email on or after March 1st?

Lol well that is interesting. Congrats, You give the people hope!
thank you ! I was starting to think that I would not get one at all lol

Did you get an email or did you have to check the portal? Congrats!!
I received an email, I then went to check my portal and there was a new option to schedule interview dates

Any of you who get an II soon, try and schedule it IMMEDIATELY! When I checked in the morning of March 1st the dates available were 7, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31. I did not decide until later that day and went on again and the 7, 22, and 23 were taken up already. This is only March though, it did not let me check April.

For those of us on the waitlist, I just called admissions to ask a little bit more about the process and for what it's worth, the lady I spoke with (super sweet!) said the waitlist will be ranked, however the ranking hasn't been determined yet. Ahhh, I'm just praying for some kind of miracle acceptance here.

Apologies if this has been asked previously, but has anyone successfully sent an update letter pre-interview? On hold for spring review, so I'm hoping an update letter would be useful.

Same question! Is this school receptive to pre interview updates?

Same question! Is this school receptive to pre interview updates?
Apologies if this has been asked previously, but has anyone successfully sent an update letter pre-interview? On hold for spring review, so I'm hoping an update letter would be useful.

I called when I was placed on hold. I was told they only accept updates from interviewed students. If anyone as been successful in sending updates pre-II please let us know. I am thinking of sending one anyway.

I called when I was placed on hold. I was told they only accept updates from interviewed students. If anyone as been successful in sending updates pre-II please let us know. I am thinking of sending one anyway.
If they specifically told you not to send updates, then sending one can only hurt your chances. Don't be that annoying pre-med.

Reactions: 2 users
How long did they say it would take before we heard back?

hey guys. I have been placed on hold since Oct. I emailed the director last week with a ITA email letting her know about a last min interview at Jefferson (only half hour away). She has not yet replied. But from past experiences, does anyone know how receptive they are to these? When does the interview season go on until?

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you soon! :)

Anyone on Spring hold heard anything recently?

How long did they say it would take before we heard back?

I interviewed early January and heard back ~1.5 weeks ago! Though I've seen some people here wait only 2-3 weeks and others wait a little over 2 months.