2015-2016 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait why are they suddenly accepting people who are on hold??

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like lots of decisions were released in the past week. Maybe people are withdrawing.

It's just weird because in the hold letter they specifically said the hold list would be used to generate the alternate list in April. I don't think anyone has been accepted directly off hold before.

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED just now! Interviewed late February. So excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Just to clarify, if I received the "offer of acceptance" e-letter and now the "acknowledgement of acceptance offer" e-letter but that's all, then I am out of the running for merit aid? That letter would have come at the same time, not after?

Went to register for 2nd look and it's already on the waitlist 8 days after the email :( boo.

Just to clarify, if I received the "offer of acceptance" e-letter and now the "acknowledgement of acceptance offer" e-letter but that's all, then I am out of the running for merit aid? That letter would have come at the same time, not after?

It seems that people who were being considered for merit awards received another "letter" on their page at the same time as the offer of acceptance. Therefore you are not being considered (same here :( )

Reactions: 1 user
yup. already 11 people on the waitlist :( (called to ask where i was)
One spot just freed up. Sorry I won't be able to hang out with you all, but glad the spot will go to good use!

Wow. So if you don't get off the waitlist you won't be able to go to second look? Thanks for the information bear!

that is correct. they seem to make a pretty big deal out of second look, and pay for 2 nights hotel (shared with a roommate), so it's understandable that they place a limit on it.

that is correct. they seem to make a pretty big deal out of second look, and pay for 2 nights hotel (shared with a roommate), so it's understandable that they place a limit on it.
I agree--but that makes it harder for us to buy our plane tickets since we don't know if or when we can get off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree--but that makes it harder for us to buy our plane tickets since we don't know if or when we can get off the waitlist

yep.. that's life tho! :)

in hindsight, I should've registered right away when I knew I could possibly go

I was just accepted today and I don't see any option for 2nd look weekend?

I was just accepted today and I don't see any option for 2nd look weekend?
If you don't mind me asking, were you on post-interview hold before or did you interview in the last batch? I am trying to see if they are indeed going into their hold list. It's curious how many people are on the hold list.

Also, for people who have been accepted off of the hold list, did you find out thru email, the portal, or by phone call?

Also, for people who have been accepted off of the hold list, did you find out thru email, the portal, or by phone call?
I was on the Hold list and was accepted. I got a phone call yesterday and this morning I got an email saying my iapply was updated. When I logged on it included an "acceptance" tab next to the my "interview" tab and "initial review messages" tab. I hope you hear something soon!

I was on the Hold list and was accepted. I got a phone call yesterday and this morning I got an email saying my iapply was updated. When I logged on it included an "acceptance" tab next to the my "interview" tab and "initial review messages" tab. I hope you hear something soon!

And congrats, btw!

If you don't mind me asking, were you on post-interview hold before or did you interview in the last batch? I am trying to see if they are indeed going into their hold list. It's curious how many people are on the hold list.

I interviewed Feb 22 so I was never on hold!

Also, its super annoying that 2nd look weekend already had a waitlist before I was even accepted lol

I was wait listed for second look weekend but within a few hours a spot had opened up. Be patient!

Last edited:
Accepted yesterday, received merit scholarship email today! Can't believe second look is waitlisted, but I already have plane tickets to go to Northwestern's second look on the exact same two days...

They said they only have like 80 spots or something for second look, which seems unreasonably small

They said they only have like 80 spots or something for second look, which seems unreasonably small
I signed up right away after I got the email and there was I think 104 or 110 spots left- and I'm sure I wasn't the first person to sign up.

Yes, it's CWRU School of Medicine Class of 2020! PM me your name/e-mail and I can add you.

Withdrew my acceptance here today. Really loved Case, but I don't think I was considered for a scholarship and it's otherwise not financially feasible for me :(. Hopefully a spot opens up for someone else!

Can someone remind me: lectures are not mandatory, but they are not recorded, correct?

Yes they are not recorded...however thursday lectures and anything after 12 pm are recorded

Just withdrew my acceptance here. I totally loved this school but have decided to attend my homeschool, UM :banana: I hope my spot goes to one of you soon! :)

Does anyone know about how long it takes to hear back from the financial aid office once everything is submitted?

Does anyone know about how long it takes to hear back from the financial aid office once everything is submitted?

I submitted everything back in February and got a reply that everything was in. I asked when we might hear and they said they will begin the awarding process for incoming students around March 8th. Haven't heard anything yet. Last year the first fin aid awards were sent out on April 14th.

Oh wow... Just refreshed my email and noticed case already sent it to accepted peeps all nicely formatted like an hour ago.... Also it's 10 not 9 Neurological surgery apparently. Sorry guys no new news here :whistle:

Merit aid letter came at the same time for me.

Once we've created our network ID, are we supposed to have access to stuff? The only thing I seem to be able to access is my case email.

Once we've created our network ID, are we supposed to have access to stuff? The only thing I seem to be able to access is my case email.

Your network ID should allow you to sign into everything eventually, but maybe they won't grant you access to other stuff until they know you're definitely going to Case.

For those for sure planning to matriculate, are you bringing your car? I'm looking for apartments now and most places seem to be a 20-30 min walk/5-10 min car ride away from the medical school.