2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected. LizzyM 72, both email and portal. Complete 9/9

Members don't see this ad.

One week more of waiting for those who have interviewed in the last month! :) Hope we all have some good news awaiting us!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That or a letter of intent, although only if you're post-interview. They explicitly stated that they prefer candidates for whom Brown is their top choice, and are thus more open to extending offers to such candidates.

I get the idea from adcoms on this board that sending one pre-interview would be a bad idea.

So just to be clear... pre-interview updates are a no-no, even if they are "significant"?
(Significant as in publication)

So just to be clear... pre-interview updates are a no-no, even if they are "significant"?
i sent a pre-interview update and they responded "This information has been added to your file."

Rejected. Good luck to the rest, absolutely loved this school!

Sorry for any confusion, my post was in reference to a pre-interview letter of intent, not update. A publication would be a great update!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected. Heartbreak :sorry:
Complete sometime late July. Brown was my toppest choice. I grew up with it right up the street and always pictured myself going there. I guess not :(

Rejected. Heartbreak :sorry:
Complete sometime late July. Brown was my toppest choice. I grew up with it right up the street and always pictured myself going there. I guess not :(
So sorry! Did you just get notified now?

Rejected, OOS, app complete 8/18

513MCAT (11,10,14,10), 3.97 masters gpa, lower ugpa

Members don't see this ad :)
Next round of acceptances is tomorrow right?? Good luck everyone!

I believe they said "on or before Nov 20th" at my interview day. Does anyone else remember that? Maybe I have it wrong.

They said we would hear on the 20th because the adcom meets today.

Does anyone know around what time the emails have been sent out previously? Just wondering when I should begin relentlessly refreshing my email. :p

Come on Brownnn, please send me some good news! :)

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!! are you kidding me???? wooo-hoo after a lo0ng day of waiting

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted... Obviously not thrilled about that news, but Brown is absolutely my top choice so I'm not giving up hope. Congrats to everyone who got acceptances today!

Congrats everyone who got accepted! Does that mean the next round of interview invites will be coming soon?

Waitlisted... Obviously not thrilled about that news, but Brown is absolutely my top choice so I'm not giving up hope. Congrats to everyone who got acceptances today!
I've heard that Brown accepts most people that they interview so I bet there's a good amount of waitlist movement! Don't give up!

Wait listed as well, hoping there is a lot of movement! Anyone with advice of how soon/often to send update letters/letters of intent?

Thanks!! Yes-IS, URM, nontrad - 6 years out of undergrad.

Last edited:
haven't heard anything from Brown...people have on my complete date 9/17...come on.

Reactions: 2 users
Literally can't believe I am saying this, but II today!

Reactions: 7 users
Sure! Complete mid-July! LizzyM ~75. I sent an update letter about 2 weeks ago. Still in complete disbelief.

Congrats to those with IIs!
Waiting for THE CHRISTMAS PURGE

Sure! Complete mid-July! LizzyM ~75. I sent an update letter about 2 weeks ago. Still in complete disbelief.
Congrats! I didn't even know they accepted updates. Would you mind revealing to whom you sent your update letter?

Congrats!!!! I sent an update three weeks ago and it was added to my file ~1 week ago (right before Thanksgiving) so hopefully I can have your same trend. Brown is amazing. Good luck on your II and this gives the rest of us who dodged the pre-interview rejection massacres some hope. :)

For accepted applicants: Did you get a confirmation email or anything after you accepted your offer? It's been a few weeks and I've got nothing.