2018-2019 Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People who got pre II Rs --- was it via email or portal?

I got an email first and it also updated on the portal, but I've been trying not to check those obsessively anymore. Complete 9/4, R 10/29.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II last week! complete in early August. LizzyM 71.
The interview dates were in the first 2 weeks of December.

Reactions: 7 users
II last night, scheduled for 12/14, complete 8/6. LM ~70.

Reactions: 4 users
should we assume at this point we're rejected if we haven't heart anything
I applied last year and I didn't get an II until late December, they take their time at Brown because of a very thorough pre-screening process, so don't give up any hope

Reactions: 6 users
According to this forum, there has only been one wave of Rs from Brown yet...

According to this forum, there has only been one wave of Rs from Brown yet...

Which also doesn't appear to be a chronological wave like some schools do (Dartmouth, BU, etc). I noticed students getting rejected that were complete July through September.

Reactions: 1 user
4 days y'all

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Having mini heart attacks every time I get an email...

This process is aging me.

my brain is just going to go "AHHHHHHHHHHH" all day.....

I think they call first for acceptances then email
Not that I read all of last years thread......but in reading all of last years thread it seems they do acceptances via email

Not that I read all of last years thread......but in reading all of last years thread it seems they do acceptances via email

:laugh: thank you for your diligence

The first person posted around 3:30 EST last year it looks like... so we might have some waiting to do :(((

I can tell you're a legitimately hilarious person. Bet you'd make a great classmate wherever we land.

Got the acceptance email :) Interviewed 11/1

Reactions: 2 users
waitlisted :dead: any one know what the waitlist movement is like?

waitlisted as well, interviewed beginning of october

waitlisted as well! pretty devastated. congrats to all who were accepted! brown is an amazing school.

Waitlisted.

HUGE HUGE congratulations to all who were accepted!

My fellow waitlisters: Brown is notorious for waitlisting a lot of us and then having heavy WL movement. Let's not lose hope and keep in mind that we're still very alive for admission come May/June!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted around 1:45 EST!! Interviewed back in mid-September. Congrats to everyone else that got in! Hoping for tons of waitlist movement for the WL crew

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted from 10/5 interview. HUGE Congrats to all those accepted!!

waitlisted, both sad but not loosing hope!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE ACCEPTED PEOPLE!

Waitlisted too and very sad since Brown is my dream - I refuse to give up hope!

Congratulations to all accepted !!!

On a different note - silence is killing me ... haven’t heard anything since July ...

I hate to be that person but...... awkward question: did all of us who weren’t accepted get waitlisted or are there any post-II rejections?

Waitlisted too. Bummed because it was one of my top choices going into this cycle

Last edited:
The dean of admissions mentioned that ~50% of students interviewed are accepted in the end. Being waitlisted early in the cycle must be a decent position...Don't lose hope!!

For uploading update docs, did anyone also email ad com to let them know?

II just now. OOS complete 8/10. Not sure if I can afford another flight to the east coast however...