2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Except I forgot to apply to Dartmouth. HAHA I think somewhere in my secondary-logged brain, I thought they were the same school or something.

Haha! Well then. Can't help ya there :p
Blame it on the stress.

I've been so stressed out about just getting into a school this cycle that I can barely concentrate on anything. If it's not med school related then it's a waste of time :p
A 2 hr movie turns into a 30 minutes and 5 second movie -- the last 5 seconds being the time it takes to skip scenes until the end. :-|

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
+1 complete mid-august
+2 complete early august.
I heard they got a new admissions director this year. Who apparently doesn't deem it fit to send emails. #notsalty
Thank goodness for SDN, or we could've gone on for months holding on to false hope

EDIT: Nvm, just got the rejection email! #stillnotsalty

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection email just now. Complete 7/26

any september apps rejected?

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected just now via email. Complete 7/22. Best of luck to everyone still under consideration!

I would love to know this too

Based off some sleuth work, it seems that most September applicants last year heard back mid November. I'd also love to know if that's the case this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Brown chopping heads today! Rejected via email this afternoon at around 3pm...Best of luck to those still under consideration!

any late August/early Sept rejections yet? submitted 8/26 complete 9/3

I'm really sorry about all the rejections guys! Did any of you apply to the MD-ScM?

Rejected via email. Completed 8/8. No hard feelings though since I'm still pumped up about my earlier acceptance today. Good luck to all still active in this school. Browns seems amazing.

Complete beginning of July... should I assume silent rejection?

Complete beginning of July... should I assume silent rejection?

Unless it physically says "rejection" or "Unable to offer interview" on your status page of the application, you cannot assume anything.

email rejection today. complete 9/27

wait 9/27 or 8/27? I didn't realize they were already in september. I'm sorry to hear about your rejection :(

Rejected via email. Completed 8/8. No hard feelings though since I'm still pumped up about my earlier acceptance today. Good luck to all still active in this school. Browns seems amazing.
Actually, the Browns have been playing like **** this year. Brown still seems like a pretty cool med school though.

Rejected this morning, complete 7/28-- applied MD/Msc too

Checked my portal after visiting this thread. No word about rejection, just the 4 green check marks on the status screen. Complete late August (Aug 29.) It sounds like most of us late Aug/early Sept. are in the same boat with not having heard yet.

Checked my portal after visiting this thread. No word about rejection, just the 4 green check marks on the status screen. Complete late August (Aug 29.) It sounds like most of us late Aug/early Sept. are in the same boat with not having heard yet.
same here, but complete 7/28. According to last year's thread, I think there's another purge coming in a few weeks in November. Time will tell if we make it out of that one alive!

Last edited:
I was complete 7/15 and still have the green checks. Fingers crossed!

same here, but complete 7/28. According to last year's thread, I think there's another purge coming in a few weeks in November. Time will tell if we make it out of that one alive!
Hahaha, hold on tight!

Rejected yesterday pre-interview via email. Complete 8/10.

Congrats to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 2 users
Complete 8/9 and haven't gotten anything yet...awaiting the axe but hoping for the best!!

what's the most exciting research going on at Brown/research strengths?

what's the most exciting research going on at Brown/research strengths?
neuroscience is a strength. they have the most NIH funding for neuro vs other fields.

Brown just rejected me again.... initial rejection email 10/27, then another one today 11/9 (but the email has 10/27 in the date)
lol

Reactions: 4 users
Brown just rejected me again.... initial rejection email 10/27, then another one today 11/9 (but the email has 10/27 in the date)
lol
Same haha. Kicking us while we're down.

damn brown, i get the point.

Same haha. Kicking us while we're down.

Same here. They just really wanted to make sure we knew they don't want us. You know, in case we thought the first one was a mistake.

It's been about two weeks since the last purge. I think it's time for another one according to last year's thread?

It's been about two weeks since the last purge. I think it's time for another one according to last year's thread?
Maybe that's what they're trying to do, except they accidentally sent them to all the same people :eyebrow:

Still anxiously awaiting any word… complete 9/4. I would love to go here and have heard that they are friendly to non-trads…time will tell :(