2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
complete since 7/17 and no word.

also brown requires such a complicated password I forget every time. i think i've done like 5+ password resets already

:bang:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is my first post, but I felt like I should contribute, since I see a lot of silence from Brown and they don't interview many people.

So uh...

Received an II today. 3.93 cGPA/30 MCAT/Non-traditional/Top College

Completed 9/1

Reactions: 3 users
This is my first post, but I felt like I should contribute, since I see a lot of silence from Brown and they don't interview many people.

So uh...

Completed 9/1
Can I be honest with out offending..are u URM..

Members don't see this ad :)
No offense taken.

I am, yes. My father is Puerto Rican and my mother was an undocumented immigrant.

Reactions: 1 user

So uh...

Completed 9/1
Congrats!! Would you mind saying what interview dates were available?

Complete early august and silence, probably in the rejected pile.

Really wanted to apply here, but my grades are sorta mediocre and didn't so well on Calc I which is a pre-req :bucktooth:
Good luck, folks!

So it seems Brown does actually post rejections to the portal (or send emails in the some cases)? Which means those of us who haven't heard are either still in the running or on hold..?

So it seems Brown does actually post rejections to the portal (or send emails in the some cases)? Which means those of us who haven't heard are either still in the running or on hold..?

Yeah. If you look at previous posts there were a lot of rejections a few weeks ago. I think that, like most schools, it depends on when you applied. It is impossible to know how they are looking at us... I have just gone under the assumption that no news = good news. I applied on 8/12 (exactly 3 months ago I just realized) and have not heard a peep.

Rejected pre-interview, 67-68 non-trad w/ masters and awesome ECs. Complete 7/30. Survived the last couple cuts, was a little hopeful, but now I'm sad :( Good luck everyone else, hope you make it farther than I did!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-interview ughhh i hate this process.

Last edited:
same here, but complete 7/28. According to last year's thread, I think there's another purge coming in a few weeks in November. Time will tell if we make it out of that one alive!
I was complete 7/15 and still have the green checks. Fingers crossed!
Also complete at the end of July and have yet to hear anything. I actually forgot about Brown/assumed I was rejected but my portal just has those green checks...

Just please don't reject me around Thanksgiving, Brown. I am a huge foodie and it is my favorite holiday and I want to om nom nom while I'm happy and blissfully unaware of pending rejections. Thanks.

Reactions: 5 users
Those of you who were rejected, was it via email or portal? Or both?

Email only, isn't showing up on my portal. My neurotic mind keeps saying "maybe the email was a mistake" but I'm sure it wasn't.
Ah okay. Sorry about the rejection!! I hope the rest of the cycle goes well for you.

Rejected. Complete 7/9. I'm actually proud that it took an ivy 4 whole months to reject me ;)

Last edited:
Rejected. Complete 7/9. I'm actually proud that it took an ivy 4 whole month to reject me ;)
Haha, I like that perspective too! I'm at a little more than 3 months... Nothing yet. :unsure:

Part of the cut.

Rejection

Complete 9/10.

The e-mail seemed genuine though. They only interview about 300 so I don't feel too bad, but I would've loved to have gone here nonetheless. That's life!

Another one bites the dust. Peace out guys! Best of luck to everyone still swimming in the Brown pool. :)

No email or change in portal yet. Does this mean I'm safe??

Ok, now I'm getting more worried -- this seems like the GWU/Stony/NYMC style slashing now... Sorry everyone!

Does anyone else have a feeling their rejection is coming?

Sorry everyone! :( Can anyone shine some light on whether these rejection emails are sent out all at once? I don't know whether I should brace myself or not...

I feel like I'm crawling in a warzone trying to not get shot at by Brown's admissions people as I hope to not get rejected today

Reactions: 7 users
I feel like I'm crawling in a warzone trying to not get shot at by Brown's admissions people as I hope to not get rejected today
I just received an e-mail from AAMC about MCAT practice questions. Freaked out. I may have to get off my computer.

Or that they've lost my application and that's why I haven't received a rejection yet :laugh:
Yeah I feel the same way, if I'm not rejected today then I don't know what is going on with them since I was complete in July

Aaaaand the axe has fallen for me today. So long Brown! Fortunately, I got an II from another school this morning, which softens the blow :) Glad I got that email first!

PS I was complete Aug 29

Last edited:
Got the email at 1:50 CST. Rejected. LizzyM 66-67. I am not surprised by this, but it is getting exhausting. 7 rejections in a row with no good news. :help:

So now it's after five and I still didn't get a rejection... if I could have this II, I would be oh-so-grateful! I need at least one... When the axe does fall for me, it's not going to feel good. I've gotten too invested in this school now. C'est la vie!

Good luck to everyone still in limbo, and for everyone who got cut today: hopefully some other school sends their appreciation to make up for it!

Rejected here earlier today. LizzyM around 68-70, non Trad, unique story. Really disappointed with this one.

I don't know why collective misery is better than solitary misery but it is.

Rejected. LizzyM ~64, non-trad

Hang in there, my beleaguered brethren! We'll all pull through in the end! ... maybe ...

Last edited: