2015-2016 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Brown have a place in the office to place luggage in the morning, if I'm hoping to catch that 4pm shuttle after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! Complete end of August. I'll be honest, I didn't have my hopes up after so long. So happy!

Reactions: 11 users
II this morning! Complete mid-September, and sent an update letter in early Dec. STOKED.

Reactions: 7 users
Interview Invite today! Complete mid August. I can't even believe it, my top choice by faaaaaar. Have faith!
FYI looks like there are only a couple days left in the season, at least in my calendar.
Any tips from students and other interviewees would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview Invite today! Complete mid August. I can't even believe it, my top choice by faaaaaar. Have faith!
FYI looks like there are only a couple days left in the season, at least in my calendar.
Any tips from students and other interviewees would be greatly appreciated.
congratulations! would you mine sharing what interview dates were left?

congratulations! would you mine sharing what interview dates were left?
Sure! Feb. 11, 12, and 18.

I should also add, if anyone is interested, that I sent in an update letter in late Dec.

Sure! Feb. 11, 12, and 18.

I should also add, if anyone is interested, that I sent in an update letter in late Dec.
Yeah that makes sense that they are nearing the end of their II invites because they say on their website that they only interview through February.
So I wonder if that means that they are probably not going to send very many more invites...

Can anyone confirm or deny the statistic that for 298 interviews, they offer 243 acceptances? (~81.5%, Source: US News) i.e. extremely favorable chances?

Can anyone confirm or deny the statistic that for 298 interviews, they offer 243 acceptances? (~81.5%, Source: US News) i.e. extremely favorable chances?

Lol I tried to make sense of this as well but it's really difficult to make sense of everything because of their PLME cohort. I have no idea if those are counted as acceptances as well, which account for about a third of their seats.

I posted here asking if anyone has actually been rejected post interview and no one responded.

I do think given their very low amount of interviews offered that the few people that do interview have a fairly good shot at acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I tried to make sense of this as well but it's really difficult to make sense of everything because of their PLME cohort. I have no idea if those are counted as acceptances as well, which account for about a third of their seats.

I posted here asking if anyone has actually been rejected post interview and no one responded.

I do think given their very low amount of interviews offered that the few people that do interview have a fairly good shot at acceptance.
PLME students submit full AMCAS applications to Brown, and their data is included in the MSAR.

Reactions: 1 user
PLME students submit full AMCAS applications to Brown, and their data is included in the MSAR.

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if they are part of the interview count as well? I would think not...

I wonder how much of a disadvantage it is to be one of the last ones interviewed... Acceptance post-interview must not be as high :(

I wonder how much of a disadvantage it is to be one of the last ones interviewed... Acceptance post-interview must not be as high :(
I can't see why we'd have a lower chance, we're still one of the lucky ~300.
They must have saved the best for last!

Don't worry! I remember at my interview Marcy said that they make sure to have a certain number of seats open so it is fair to all applicants throughout the cycle. Good luck!

I can't see why we'd have a lower chance, we're still one of the lucky ~300.
They must have saved the best for last!

Haha, that's definitely a better way to think of it!

Don't worry! I remember at my interview Marcy said that they make sure to have a certain number of seats open so it is fair to all applicants throughout the cycle. Good luck!

That's good to know! Thanks for clearing that up :)

Late to the party here, but I also received an II this week. LizzyM 73 and complete 9/21.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Providence this February :)

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone accepted and mind sharing your stats and which state you're from?

Rejected just now :( submitted secondary 7/28.

Good luck to those still in the running!

Did you get an email? Or did your portal change?

Rejected just now as well. Complete 11/2. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

anyone else still waiting pre-interview for some news?

edit: since mid september

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I submitted in early september and was axed ages ago. I would consider the wait as a positive if anything.

I submitted in early september and was axed ages ago. I would consider the wait as a positive if anything.
I know I am but I also at the back of my head keep thinking about how its almost Feb and I haven't heard anything but I am still staying positive!

I know I am but I also at the back of my head keep thinking about how its almost Feb and I haven't heard anything but I am still staying positive!

Oh of course - I'm doing the same thing for a few other schools. Post wasn't directed as much to you as it was to all the applicants completed since before September. Hope Alpert shows you some love.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh of course - I'm doing the same thing for a few other schools. Post wasn't directed as much to you as it was to all the applicants completed since before September. Hope Alpert shows you some love.
thank you! and I know it wasn't! no worries =)

-

Last edited:
+2 July. I wonder why they're holding on to so many people until the end when there are so few interviews left and they've already axed a lot of people.

Because they consider you to be more worthwhile to interview than some of the people who they have already given a rejection to. If they weren't considering you at all at this moment, you would have already been axed.

Reactions: 2 users