2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still didn't get this secondary, anyone else?
Me neither, don't worry! They don't screen so it's probz just in batches.

Members don't see this ad.

This question is from last year, is it the same this year:

I have applied to medical school previously
(Please list schools and year of application, and tell us what actions you have taken to improve your application.)

I'm a reapplicant. Do they really want me to list all schools I applied to last year?

does anyone know if "I have been subject to a disciplinary action and/or an administrative action, expunged or not, while in school" this refers to actions by the legal system or actions by the school?

99.9% sure it means actions by school as they ask about legal crimes elsewhere

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who received their secondary already - what day did you submit your AMCAS primary? (trying to figure out when to expect to get it)

I hate waiting for secondaries........

Anyone know if Einstein screens?

Hm, the secondary link lets me register (my AMCAS is recognized) but I haven't received the invite. To wait or not to wait? haha

Edit: omg thank goodness I checked their website
All applicants must wait to receive an e-mail directly from the admissions office prior to submitting a Secondary application; otherwise their application will be withdrawn from further consideration and they will be charged the processing fee, if paid at the time of application.

For the " is there anything else you would like to share" prompts, do most people fill these and if so with what? Like why that school?
I am also curious about this question. For most of the schools I have been applying to, I have talked about why I want to attend the school (if there isn't a portion of the secondary that asks for it). But I am not sure if I should talk about it for this one.

For the " is there anything else you would like to share" prompts, do most people fill these and if so with what? Like why that school?
I second this question. Should we be answering this with why Einstein or is it for explaining grades and stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
I second this question. Should we be answering this with why Einstein or is it for explaining grades and stuff?
I am also curious about this question. For most of the schools I have been applying to, I have talked about why I want to attend the school (if there isn't a portion of the secondary that asks for it). But I am not sure if I should talk about it for this one.
+1
I am leaning towards leaving it blank, but IDK. :confused:

Me neither. If anyone calls next week, feel free to tag me and let me know what's up :)

+1 for me too...just came to this thread to see what others were doing about it hehe looks like we're all in the same boat

Also for the MSTP application, what is the format that is generally accepted when listing scientific abstracts and presentations? For "scientific abstracts", does it have to be one that's been published, or can it just be one I wrote for a summer program?

Regarding the " is there anything else you would like to share" prompt, would it be lame if I mention that a relative (who wasnt a sibling or grandparent) went here?

still haven't gotten it :/

Reactions: 6 users
Received and submitted yesterday! (submitted primary day 1 and verified 7/6)

Anyone know what the character limit is when you select "yes" to a question?

Anyone know what the character limit is when you select "yes" to a question?

It's not very apparent, but there is a "word limit" listed above each text box once you prompt it to open (from what I've seen, 100-200 words). It also tells you your word count below the box.

Perhaps they are sending secondaries out alphabetically? My last name is near the bottom of the alphabet and I know some schools separate applications based on A-M & N-Z or whatever. My application was sent out to schools on 7/2/15 and I have yet to receive a secondary. 3.7 GPA 36 MCAT CA reapplicant.

EDIT: Received secondary 7/14/15 submitted same day. Ended up doing the whole reapplicant essay and it's more or less the same as the "what are you doing right now" essay, don't know if this will harm my app or not ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
This secondary was so much work.

Last edited:
For the statement, "I have transferred from one college to another during my undergraduate years" does community college count? This may seem silly since I think the answer is yes but I have met many people that transferred from one 4-year university to another 4-year university and was curious to know if they were talking about that.

^maybe they heard my whining because I just got the secondary! hope you guys did/will soon too!

Edit: submitted, aaaaand we have one of my first typos of the application season! :dead::rolleyes::whistle:
haha, maybe I should be whining. I want my secondary :rage:

Perhaps they are sending secondaries out alphabetically? My last name is near the bottom of the alphabet and I know some schools separate applications based on A-M & N-Z or whatever. My application was sent out to schools on 7/2/15 and I have yet to receive a secondary. 3.7 GPA 36 MCAT CA reapplicant.

Hmm, Idk about that. My last name starts with Z and I got my secondary last week.

Anyone else still waiting?

Reactions: 1 users
Department letter is a hard and fast rule. Just got an email saying I won't be complete until I submit it. Oh well.

Called admissions about letters and they seem very strict. There seems to be almost no leeway in that area of the application...

Called admissions about letters and they seem very strict. There seems to be almost no leeway in that area of the application...
Huh, I was able to semi explain away the department letter, but it was kind of on a technicality.

Ok.. I want my fkn secondary already. Am I the only one?

Nope. I might call them right now, actually.
If you do, pls let me know what they say, I cant wait anymore... Also in regards to the department letter, did you call or email them to explain it away? (i might have to do the same..)

If you do, pls let me know what they say, I cant wait anymore... Also in regards to the department letter, did you call or email them to explain it away? (i might have to do the same..)
Just called and when it sounded like someone picked up I got a really choppy recording that said "office of admissions" and then there was a beep. So not sure if that was to leave a message or what. And for the letter I called them to explain it.

Edit: I'm guessing their office just closed.

Just called and when it sounded like someone picked up I got a really choppy recording that said "office of admissions" and then there was a beep. So not sure if that was to leave a message or what. And for the letter I called them to explain it.

Edit: I'm guessing their office just closed.

Ah, I see. So it would be pointless if I tried calling then

They really ask if we received any non-academic warnings on top of asking if we have any IA against us? I have no idea what they would consider a "warning" or where such a warning would even be listed on at my University.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a question/situation I'm unsure about. So I have no idea if I was ever formally written up and have no idea how I would even check on this. But I was "caught" playing water pong (yes, it actually was just water, the RA checked) in a dorm freshman year. Not sure if this would be something under the "warnings" section?
don't think they care about that..

Interesting. I received an email saying that two of my letters were either not on official letterheads or missing signatures. I've gotta resubmit them! Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if they were interested in my application at all :p

Interesting. I received an email saying that two of my letters were either not on official letterheads or missing signatures. I've gotta resubmit them! Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if they were interested in my application at all :p
how many letters did you send total, if you dont mind me asking?

Is there a way to check our application status after submitting the secondary?