2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hmmmmm... I did take a gap year, but I dont remember my application question asking to send in evidence of activities. Are you 100% sure it asks for that?
"(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.)"

Members don't see this ad.

is the you are complete, use this website link to get started a secondary or not? I can't find access to the secondary anywhere in the linked site
Nvm figured it out.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you select premed committee letter for your LOR, the secondary asks if you for your College pre-med advisor. Should you put your committee letter writer's name???

Not sure what they are asking here....
That's what I did as well. Did some digging in the website and it says it notifies your preprofessional advisor (I assume this is the premed advisor in your application) in the event that you fail to cancel an II 24-48 hours in advance or something like that. So I figured the person in charge of my committee letter.

When it asks to list all the schools you previously applied to, do we only name schools that we ended up sending secondaries to or even the schools we put on our primary application that we never heard from?

For the question on the secondary asking how much you worked while in school while filling out the application it is worded something along the lines of "how many hours did you work during the school year" so I answered with the total # accumulated over the whole year. But now after submitting and looking at the application print out it shows "hours worked per week" with a ridiculous total listed since I entered total hours not per week. Do you guys think my error is worth contacting the school about?

Last edited:
When it asks to list all the schools you previously applied to, do we only name schools that we ended up sending secondaries to or even the schools we put on our primary application that we never heard from?

For the question on the secondary asking how much you worked while in school while filling out the application it is worded something along the lines of "how many hours did you work during the school year" so I answered with the total # accumulated over the whole year. But now after submitting and looking at the application print out it shows "hours worked per week" with a ridiculous total listed since I entered total hours not per week. Do you guys think this error is worth contacting the school about?

They've probably seen this happen before -- personally, I wouldn't worry too much. That being said, for peace of mind you could always contact them and let them know. I doubt they'll dock you for it either way. Keep the message brief i.e.

"Dear [the contact they list... admissions office whatever]

On [the work hours question] I mistakenly filled out my total hours for the year instead of the correct weekly value which is [your value].

I apologize for any inconvenience [or whatever]

- Dudeguypalbuddy"

"Completed Application" email received just now, secondary submitted 7/14.

"How many people have lived in your primary household during the majority of your life after age eighteen?"

This may be a dumb question, but what are they asking for here? How many people did I live with or how many people lived in my parents' house? I feel like there isn't a straightforward way to answer this question.

"How many people have lived in your primary household during the majority of your life after age eighteen?"

This may be a dumb question, but what are they asking for here? How many people did I live with or how many people lived in my parents' house? I feel like there isn't a straightforward way to answer this question.
I was confused about it also so just kinda guessed on it

Members don't see this ad :)
The secondary asked for my citizenship status and I have to choose between US permanent resident, international student (asked me to enter visa type) and deferred action for childhood arrivals. I'm a Canadian citizen so I thought I should check "international student", but I don't have an US visa at this point because I thought I'll need my acceptance letter to apply for a study visa to the US, so what should I write for my visa type? Thanks guys.

The secondary asked for my citizenship status and I have to choose between US permanent resident, international student (asked me to enter visa type) and deferred action for childhood arrivals. I'm a Canadian citizen so I thought I should check "international student", but I don't have an US visa at this point because I thought I'll need my acceptance letter to apply for a study visa to the US, so what should I write for my visa type? Thanks guys.

Probably best just go give them a call tomorrow.

Last edited:

I just did every single school I applied to. You can take some guy's tip and separate every school with a - instead of spaces to save your word count because it's admittedly kind of a ridiculous box to try fitting every school into for some people.

Reactions: 1 user
I just did every single school I applied to. You can take some guy's tip and separate every school with a - instead of spaces to save your word count because it's admittedly kind of a ridiculous box to try fitting every school into for some people.
If a school ever asks me to list other schools I've applied to, I give them the 15 closest to their school by location. TBH I think it's a nosey question, but I don't want to hurt my chances by listing nothing.

"(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.)"

Haven't gotten the 2ndary yet, but will wanna know the answer to this myself...

Any secondaries been sent out recently?
It's been a week since I was verified and sent letters.... :(

Anyone heard from the school since getting the file complete email? I hate that there's not status check webpage >.<

Just want to make sure... dual-enrollment in college classes during high school would not count as having transferred from one college to another, correct? I have transcripts from two universities but only one at which I was an undergrad

Hi! Anyone here applying to AECOM MD/PhD? The AECOM secondary first page asks us whether we have clinical research experience. Then the section of clinical research area shows a list of basic science research areas. This is quite confusing. Can anyone kindly advise?

For the prereq grid, if I completed my courses at a University in Canada, should I select the foreign college/university option or the 4 year college option?

Question for you all:

I didn't use a Committee Letter due to observing their overall unprepared nature and hearing about how late submissions were at my school (This may all be secretarial and not so much the Committee themselves but regardless.) I didn't want to be caught up in this and wanted to have control over this situation.

How in the world can I explain this in a letter for this school?

Question for you all:

I didn't use a Committee Letter due to observing their overall unprepared nature and hearing about how late submissions were at my school (This may all be secretarial and not so much the Committee themselves but regardless.) I didn't want to be caught up in this and wanted to have control over this situation.

How in the world can I explain this in a letter for this school?
I'd explain it just like you did. But focus more one wanting to be in control and less on the negatives of the committee

I'd explain it just like you did. But focus more one wanting to be in control and less on the negatives of the committee
Thank you! I was really concerned about it sounding negative and egotistic, but I agree with your assessment.

for someone who has not submitted their secondary yet, can you please copy and paste the wording of the question that asks something about how many hours you worked during the school year? When I was filling out the application, I am almost positive the application asked how many hours you worked per year... but when I view my completed application, it states to disclose the number of hours you worked per week and I have a huge total of hours...just want to see if maybe this is a mistake on their end

Finally finished my secondaries; decided to add more!

Hi! Anyone here applying to AECOM MD/PhD? The AECOM secondary first page asks us whether we have clinical research experience. Then the section of clinical research area shows a list of basic science research areas. This is quite confusing. Can anyone kindly advise?

hmmm I didn't even notice that. That is confusing. Might be worth calling and asking.

Complete 8/3: "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Complete 8/3: "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
+ 1 complete

They really ask if we received any non-academic warnings on top of asking if we have any IA against us? I have no idea what they would consider a "warning" or where such a warning would even be listed on at my University.
I just don't understand why schools ask the IA question on secondaries. Isn't it already fully explained in AMCAS?

I just don't understand why schools ask the IA question on secondaries. Isn't it already fully explained in AMCAS?
I feel like a lot of secondaries have questions that make me want to say "ok but did you read my amcas??"

Reactions: 5 users
Yuuuup. I just want to write "see AMCAS application" on them, haha

I am pre-writing my secondaries and was wondering what we were supposed to include when we say yes to "fulfill all competencies". I looked at the website and saw the four competencies, but are we supposed to write how we fulfill each one?

Thank you!

I am pre-writing my secondaries and was wondering what we were supposed to include when we say yes to "fulfill all competencies". I looked at the website and saw the four competencies, but are we supposed to write how we fulfill each one?

Thank you!
There's a grid you check boxes on with options such as "4 year college, lab experiences, etc."
You only need to type up an explanation if you click "no" to that question.

Did anyone else use their diversity essay for the optional essay?