2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got placed in the alternate pool today. Interviewed toward the end of Jan. Can we expect any movement from the waitlist given the sheer volume of applicants this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Got placed in the alternate pool today. Interviewed toward the end of Jan. Can we expect any movement from the waitlist given the sheer volume of applicants this cycle?
They sent out an update email to waitlisters today, and it said they anticipate pulling people off.

Reactions: 1 user
what does it mean if you were put on the alternate list last week, but haven't receive this wait list email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about merit $ yet?

When I called (wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything to continue to be considered on the waitlist) they just said they only sent the email to people put on the waitlist awhile ago to make sure they were still interested. He said the people that were recently placed on it may receive a similar email in a few weeks but nothing yet

Reactions: 2 users
When I called (wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything to continue to be considered on the waitlist) they just said they only sent the email to people put on the waitlist awhile ago to make sure they were still interested. He said the people that were recently placed on it may receive a similar email in a few weeks but nothing yet

Thanks for the info! Makes me feel somewhat more positive.

Acceptance email this morning! Interviewed mid-January. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Mind sharing stats?
Thanks! Average MCAT and GPA for GW, but I've already got a Master's and finishing a PhD at the moment in a non-traditional field for med so a rather unique profile for schools overall.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when we should expect to receive financial aid info?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we should expect to receive financial aid info?
I was going to ask that same question. the deadline was March 1st and I just called fin aid office and they said once they get all your documents, its takes about a week to package you.

My parents just filed taxes so I missed the March 1st deadline but they said I still have time since i'll be a first year

anybody acutally make the March 1st deadline and hear back yet?

I was going to ask that same question. the deadline was March 1st and I just called fin aid office and they said once they get all your documents, its takes about a week to package you.

My parents just filed taxes so I missed the March 1st deadline but they said I still have time since i'll be a first year

anybody acutally make the March 1st deadline and hear back yet?

Yea, me! I submitted by the end of February and still have yet to hear. I might give them a call and ask

Yea, me! I submitted by the end of February and still have yet to hear. I might give them a call and ask
yeah give them a call because they sent me an email like last week saying they got to my file, but havent received all my documents so they cant package me

let us know if you call and what they say. thanks!

I love GW's financial aid office when it comes to emails. They are always so quick. I emailed asking when I could expect a financial aid package and they replied within 5 minutes saying:

"Good Afternoon, your file is complete. You should expect to receive your financial aid package in about a week or so."

Do alternates get to apply for financial aid if they're accepted?

I interviewed on 1/9 and still haven't heard anything...should I give up hope at this point? Is the class full??

For those of you on the alternate list who sent in your statement of interest...did you just use the message portion of the portal or make an attachment?

I am very impressed!! Th financial aid staff responds to emails VERY quickly :)
I just wish that they asked for all forms at once so I wouldnt need to mail out different forms every week.

I am very impressed!! Th financial aid staff responds to emails VERY quickly :)
I just wish that they asked for all forms at once so I wouldnt need to mail out different forms every week.
they said you can email it as attachments. youre talking about the Taxes and W2s, right?

Did anyone get a confirmation of receipt of the update they asked us to submit if we were on the waitlist? I submitted mine about two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back from them at all.

Interviewed late February and nothing yet but that's expected for my date. Still getting really anxious!

Same. I am wondering if it would be overkill to send an update letter or if I should just wait until I hear back about an acceptance/rejection/waitlist. Can anyone else weigh in on this?

safe to say II's are done here?
I'm going to assume the same thing...I've been on hold since August, sent an update in January, but still no word. Part me wants to think maybe I'm still in the running but I highly doubt it since according to the portal they only interview through March.

What has been the trend for alternate status in past years? A lot of people put on it?

Just put on alternate list...interviewed late February.

Anybody attending second look?
I want to attend but its kind of inconvenient that my guest wont be able to attend the morning event because its students only. Im coming from OOS so my guest who Im driving with will be left just waiting and doing nothing...

I want to attend but its kind of inconvenient that my guest wont be able to attend the morning event because its students only. Im coming from OOS so my guest who Im driving with will be left just waiting and doing nothing...
Nothing at all to to in DC for free during a spring day, amirite?
Seriously, I can see how that would be a hassle logistically, but if you are paying for parking near a metro stop anyway, your guest should go enjoy the monuments or a museum.

I'm going to assume the same thing...I've been on hold since August, sent an update in January, but still no word. Part me wants to think maybe I'm still in the running but I highly doubt it since according to the portal they only interview through March.

called admissions today and they said that the committee hasn't decided when interviews will end. meaning they could go on into april. also on hold since August, and sent in an update. hoping for some love from gw.

Did anybody on the alternate list get a confirmation that their update/statement of interest was received?

Nothing at all to to in DC for free during a spring day, amirite?
Seriously, I can see how that would be a hassle logistically, but if you are paying for parking near a metro stop anyway, your guest should go enjoy the monuments or a museum.

They're validating parking at the University Parking Garage on the day of and it's super close to a metro station (It's on the second look website under transportation).

Couldn't agree more. DC has so many fun & free things to do.

Did anybody on the alternate list get a confirmation that their update/statement of interest was received?
Just the automated confirmation from the portal that the update was received