2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have officially joined the accepted off the waitlist group :love:!!!!! GW is my top choice and I absolutely can't believe it! I interviewed 10/17, sent update letters, and had an extra LOR and either that all paid off or it literally didn't matter but regardless I am so happy I could cry
So happy for you!!! I hope to join you!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Did everyone accepted today get the secondary acceptance email with all the details regarding acceptance? I never got mine after the initial email.

Members don't see this ad :)
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Have any March interviewees heard back yet? Do we really think this is chronological?
Really hoping it's chronological .... I'm also a March interviewee. Here's to hoping those "likely" emails are still coming 🤞

congrats to everyone on the good news if you got in!!!! if you still waiting like me, and checking this post daily like me, hang in there and lets keep it real

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if GW is still doing the "likely" emails this year? It seems like everyone who has gotten off the WL so far has gotten an informal email so I'm not sure what that means:unsure:

They normally have a wave of As and am sure it will be soon!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if GW is still doing the "likely" emails this year? It seems like everyone who has gotten off the WL so far has gotten an informal email so I'm not sure what that means:unsure:
I've gotten one of those emails. Responded and was told I'd hear from them very soon. Still haven't heard. I don't think it means that much...

Well I hope not… seems like waitlist movement is happening elsewhere still which gives me some hope..

Has anyone from Jan/Feb interviews heard anything or still silence?

I’ve heard in the past they’ve offered acceptances up to the day before orientation

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, there will be movement soon
I'm really starting to overthink everything rn. was I too eager in the interview? did I send too many updates? too many additional LOR? did I do terrible on the interview even though I walked away feeling good at first?

I'm really starting to overthink everything rn. was I too eager in the interview? did I send too many updates? too many additional LOR? did I do terrible on the interview even though I walked away feeling good at first?
Understandable reaction, but I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that at the point you’re at now it’s all chance. There are factors that have nothing to do with your interview that determine who they pick WAY more than your interview performance: they need a certain demographic breakdown, they need a certain personality profile, a certain background.

Your stats, application, and interview got you in the door. It stopped being about getting the “best” applicants and started being about their incoming class profile a while ago I’d imagine. Med school consulting companies reinforce the idea that YOU did something that kept you out (which is possible), but in reality at a certain point it’s just chance.

I’m sure you did fine! I was reading a Reddit post this morning and it was talking about how many applicants are qualified but there just aren’t enough spots. There’s a lot of luck involved in this process too so don’t count yourself short.

So keep your head up and as I’m sure you’ve heard don’t let this grueling process define you. You will be a doctor one day -you’re GWSTAN

And don’t worry we are all second guessing ourselves. Hope this tid-bit helped and if not I’ll read it to myself later for my next “overthinking episode” lol

would it be unreasonable to email admissions and ask if waitlist movement is still flowing or if it’s slowed down?
I spoke to someone in admissions last week and was told that it's a permanently dynamic situation. Apparently they don't do weekly committee meetings or send things in batches like other schools; they make movements as they happen as quickly as possible. The nice lady told me that last year they were dealing with the waitlist into July, so there's that. Take all that with a grain of salt though.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard anything this past week? I’m afraid the class is already full at this point

Honestly I feel like it’s safe to assume most waitlist movement has passed. Probs the last few spots will open up over the next couple months

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Received an email this morning saying there’s a seat but comes with participation in their pre matriculation program. Responded to it and within 30 minutes they responded that they are sending an official acceptance letter. So I guess movement still is happening. Does anyone know anything about this program? Anyone else been offered an acceptance with it?

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Received an email this morning saying there’s a seat but comes with participation in their pre matriculation program. Responded to it and within 30 minutes they responded that they are sending an official acceptance letter. So I guess movement still is happening. Does anyone know anything about this program? Anyone else been offered an acceptance with it?

I think they are referring to this possibly ?Summer Prematriculation Program | The School of Medicine & Health Sciences

Congrats!

• Love
When did you interview?

Congrats!!!

• Care
December 2nd
Congratulations! Movement on the AL seems to have been quite slow, but still seems to hold some sort of chronological pattern, as people from September-December have heard back, but not anyone from January onwards. Anyone from January hear back yet? Still not giving up hope to my top choice school :)

Yeah I meant to say Dec 2! I had answered earlier without checking but this time I made sure to check so I could be accurate. Also I believe they were still closed for winter break Jan 2 so I don’t know why I thought that was an okay assumption 😅

• Love
Did you receive a "likely email" prior to this email?