2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, and I checked over the yes or no questions at least twice. Maybe I had a glitch? Nothing is coming up weird in my app summary

Members don't see this ad.

No, and I checked over the yes or no questions at least twice. Maybe I had a glitch? Nothing is coming up weird in my app summary

Nothing opened up for me either. I simply checked off 4 year college for what best describes for every competency. Did I miss something to lmao?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok did I miss something...? I did not see an essay prompt asking me to describe my plans for the Gap year... I did indicated that I am not a Post-Bacc student (which I thought they meant I am not in a postbacc program?)

I stupidly did this secondary really quickly.. hope I didn't click on something wrong :S

Is the MSTP secondary different from the MD secondary?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got an email saying one of my letters isn't on official letter head. Gotta get on that... I cannot believe it is such a big deal but gotta appease the schools.

I didn't mean to worry you. I just wanted to check. Thanks :)

Anyone know how strict they are on their letter requirements? I'm a bio major and have 2 letters from 2 professors who are in the same department, plus one humanities and 2 additional. I'm ready to submit now, but it's a hefty secondary fee I might be wasting... Maybe I'll wait until monday to call. Ugh this is the only school I've encountered that requires the science faculty be from different departments...

I'm a Canadian applicant and I don't have a SSN. Do any of you know if I'm just supposed to enter 000-00-000 for the SSN to make an account?

I'm a Canadian applicant and I don't have a SSN. Do any of you know if I'm just supposed to enter 000-00-000 for the SSN to make an account?

You can leave it blank, I remember the SSN being optional.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well it has a star beside it and it it wouldn't let me leave it blank when I tried to register.

I might be remembering a different secondary then. Try giving admissions a call on Monday.

Anyone know how strict they are on their letter requirements? I'm a bio major and have 2 letters from 2 professors who are in the same department, plus one humanities and 2 additional. I'm ready to submit now, but it's a hefty secondary fee I might be wasting... Maybe I'll wait until monday to call. Ugh this is the only school I've encountered that requires the science faculty be from different departments...

Called, guess i'm not applying here

Was it because they're both in the bio department?

Same department within bio... "developmental and cell biology". If they're in different sub-departments you should be OK. I didn't even consider this could be a problem when I was collecting letters

Damn...i should have read that more closely..totally wasted my money.

Apparently one of my letters isn't on official letterhead.. but I'm complete at a bunch of other schools, including ones that have contacted people about signatures and letterheads... I hope I can get in touch with my professor :(

Apparently one of my letters isn't on official letterhead.. but I'm complete at a bunch of other schools, including ones that have contacted people about signatures and letterheads... I hope I can get in touch with my professor :(
Did they email you to inform you of that?

How should I approach explaining a W in one of my courses? This question is holding up my submission ugh!

Boston SOM put my application on hold because one of my letters isn't on official letterhead.. but AE just emailed me saying my application is complete. :chicken::chicken:

Boston SOM put my application on hold because one of my letters isn't on official letterhead.. but AE just emailed me saying my application is complete. :chicken::chicken:

Boston sent me an email saying that one of my letters wasn't signed but about 10 schools have already said everything is received and complete.

My AMCAS was released to all medical schools on 7/9 but still no email regarding secondary for AECOM. Anyone in the same boat as me?

For the "I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I apply to medical school." checkbox, are any of you graduating this December and check this? I'm going to be part-time at school and will be continuing my ECs in addition to a new part-time tutoring job. However, I'm not sure if I should check this one; I won't be graduated until later this year, but will be taking off the spring and will not be full-time.

Geez, I didn't realize they required me to attach my first born to my letters of recommendation. I should've done better research about letter requirements before applying here :/

I'm a Canadian applicant as well. I just entered my SIN number, which worked (I think?!)

Is the complete email different from the "you have successfully completed the secondary application" email

Is the complete email different from the "you have successfully completed the secondary application" email
Yes. It starts with "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Reactions: 1 users
My AMCAS was released to all medical schools on 7/9 but still no email regarding secondary for AECOM. Anyone in the same boat as me?
I added this school to my AMCAS on 7/16, and still no secondary here either. We may just be in a later pile.

Me too- I added Einstein on 7/16 and haven't received the secondary

I just want to clarify on these two questions:

I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates)

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I apply to medical school.
(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.)

Does the second question refer ONLY to 2014 graduates? ("just having graduated")? I graduated in 2013, so I have been one year out already - should I only check the first one?

I just want to clarify on these two questions:

I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates)

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I apply to medical school.
(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.)

Does the second question refer ONLY to 2014 graduates? ("just having graduated")? I graduated in 2013, so I have been one year out already - should I only check the first one?

Should be the first one, since you've had a year between graduation and now (assuming you graduated spring 2013, not winter 2013)

Should be the first one, since you've had a year between graduation and now (assuming you graduated spring 2013, not winter 2013)
Yeah that's what I figured, I was just worried I was supposed to check both! (yes, spring 2013 for me) thanks :)

I have a Composite Letter which was not written by a Pre-Professional Advisory Committee (my school doesn't have one). Right now I checked the "I have neither a Pre-Professional Advisory Committee, nor a Career Services Office and have elected that my letters of recommendation be sent from individual letter writers" box, but should I list each letter writer, or should I just list the Composite Letter?

does anybody have the link to where we can check our current app status?

Anyone know if the uploaded photo is required prior to submitting? I plan on taking it this weekend but I'd like to submit tonight or tomorrow