2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow..this thread sure went off of the normal course haha
I think the other 97% of people who read the thread are going to be scratching their heads quite a bit...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow..this thread sure went off of the normal course haha
I think the other 97% of people who read the thread are going to be scratching their heads quite a bit...

:hijacked:
I guess we'll have to wait until after havdalah for the continuation of this stimulating debate.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, is this year's secondary fee gonna be $200?

Anyone gotten a secondary yet? (someone may have answered the question already, but it seems like there was a long conversation that apparently created some inside jokes which I didn't read)

Anyone gotten a secondary yet? (someone may have answered the question already, but it seems like there was a long conversation that apparently created some inside jokes which I didn't read)
No secondaries yet

If someone points out the financial difficulties of the school and wants to have a discussion about it, an SDN thread dedicated to this year's app cycle seems like the most practical place to have that discussions. I'd urge everyone commenting to not get too off-topic with arguments about religious text interpretations and not shut down those that have concerns with pissed replies like "there are plenty that would take your place" and "don't apply". It's counterproductive and leaves the majority of people watching this thread out of the conversation.

Reactions: 1 user
If someone points out the financial difficulties of the school and wants to have a discussion about it, an SDN thread dedicated to this year's app cycle seems like the most practical place to have that discussions. I'd urge everyone commenting to not get too off-topic with arguments about religious text interpretations and not shut down those that have concerns with pissed replies like "there are plenty that would take your place" and "don't apply". It's counterproductive and leaves the majority of people watching this thread out of the conversation.

We already moved our halacha discussion to PM due to Shabbos as was already mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got a full ride to einstein. don't think they are going bankrupt anytime soon

wow how did you do that?

i applied last cycle, didn't do anything different from anyone else. my initial fin aid package was 2/3 tuition covered. last week they increased it to full tuition. it's a great school with a laid back student body and a philosophy that really resonated with me. was one of my top choices even before the scholarship. i suggest everyone to do their own research and make their own decision.

any news on secondaries? they came july 2nd last year so im wondering if we'll be getting them soon.

All's quiet on the western front here.

i applied last cycle, didn't do anything different from anyone else. my initial fin aid package was 2/3 tuition covered. last week they increased it to full tuition. it's a great school with a laid back student body and a philosophy that really resonated with me. was one of my top choices even before the scholarship. i suggest everyone to do their own research and make their own decision.
stats? URM?

any news on secondaries? they came july 2nd last year so im wondering if we'll be getting them soon.

All's quiet on the western front here.

some of us including me got them on 7/1. im instate.

EDIT: SORRY i thought this was the UC davis thread. i haven't gotten a secondary yet

Last edited:
So I got this email:

Thank you for your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
AMCAS has just forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application. Please keep in mind that you have until December 31, 2014 to get all of your documentation to us, but please don't wait that long!
Please visit our admissions website for specific instructions on getting started:http://www.einstein.yu.edu/education/md-program/admissions/instruction-for-new-applicants/

Didn't seem like an official secondary invite, but does link to the secondary, so I went on that site and tried to register. It said it didn't find my ID#: "Amcas ID not found. Please wait until the Office of Admissions sends you an invitation link to register." - anyone else having this problem?? Does this mean the email I got wasn't the official invitation to register?

Reactions: 3 users
So I got this email:

Thank you for your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
AMCAS has just forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application. Please keep in mind that you have until December 31, 2014 to get all of your documentation to us, but please don't wait that long!
Please visit our admissions website for specific instructions on getting started:http://www.einstein.yu.edu/education/md-program/admissions/instruction-for-new-applicants/

Didn't seem like an official secondary invite, but does link to the secondary, so I tried to register, but it said it didn't find my ID#: "Amcas ID not found. Please wait until the Office of Admissions sends you an invitation link to register." - anyone else having this problem?? Does this mean the email I got wasn't the official invitation to register?

Same problem. Probably just a glitch

Where are we supposed to find our password?

same glitch. I'll give it some time.

its fixed yall!

For one of the questions:

I have applied to medical school previously

(Please list schools and year of application, and tell us what actions you have taken to improve your application.)

Do we really have to do this? You only have 200 words and if I list every school I applied to that'd take up the vast majority of my the essay...

When I created an account for secondary application, I put my AMCAS ID#, and as you described, it said the ID is not found. However I ignored it and created an account, and continued on my application. Is that okay???

I submitted the payment and got an email from them saying they got it. On the secondary they ask for 6 digit credit card authorization code from the payment receipt. Anybody know what that is? There's no 6-digit thing in the email. Was that on the page that pops up after you pay? I just clicked return to secondary.

I submitted the payment and got an email from them saying they got it. On the secondary they ask for 6 digit credit card authorization code from the payment receipt. Anybody know what that is? There's no 6-digit thing in the email. Was that on the page that pops up after you pay? I just clicked return to secondary.
mine was 5 digits. in the email under system tracking ID

Lol, love the huge conversation shift in this thread from "woah" to "normal" without skipping a beat.o_O

Hoping for an awesome MCAT retake score come next Tuesday before I throw money at the secondary. Good luck everyone!

Anyone having issues uploading a picture?

Anyone having issues uploading a picture?

Yes!
It keeps saying that I don't have permission or that I must have it open somewhere else, but I don't have it open anywhere else. Not sure what that's all about. I submitted without it, but hope to add it once I figure it out.

Yes!
It keeps saying that I don't have permission or that I must have it open somewhere else, but I don't have it open anywhere else. Not sure what that's all about. I submitted without it, but hope to add it once I figure it out.
I'm having the same problem.
submitted!
Have you been able to upload?

For any of you who have been or are thinking about submitting secondaries before you get an email, here is Einstein's take on it.

"Applicants who submit a Secondary without having received an email directly from the Admissions Office automatically will be withdrawn from further consideration and charged the processing fee, if paid at the time of application."

how do you guys make the size of photo 125px*160px?

When I created an account for secondary application, I put my AMCAS ID#, and as you described, it said the ID is not found. However I ignored it and created an account, and continued on my application. Is that okay???
anybody??? Did anyone do the same thing?

For one of the questions:

I have applied to medical school previously

(Please list schools and year of application, and tell us what actions you have taken to improve your application.)

Do we really have to do this? You only have 200 words and if I list every school I applied to that'd take up the vast majority of my the essay...

I have serious reservations about this question. I don't think it's necessary to list what schools we applied to, and it's pretty inappropriate to ask that since it shouldn't have any bearing on your current application. I understand asking if we have applied before, I get that. But to ask for each specific school? That's too much. Besides, there's barely room to put the school names and say how I improved my application in just 200 words. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem.

Have you been able to upload?

I emailed my picture to my husband to try to submit from his work computer and it worked. Not really sure what was going on.