2010-2011 Mercer Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was a phone call. Then they send you details via e-mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Do all of the accepted ED applicants have to fax Certiphi the filled out form that they send in email??

I wasn't prompted to fax anything in...let me log in and check the status.

Members don't see this ad :)
i couldn't log in...i was careful to write down my username and password though for some reason they do not work now.
hmmm..
I also tried calling Certiphi help but they're closed on the weekend...sorry.

Hey,

I got this secondary pretty late...but waited to fill it out due to my MCAT...

But I have a question...are all the essays should be below 250 words ...even the optional essay???

Anyone who has been interviewed... care to share some of their interview questions/experiences?

Hey,

I got this secondary pretty late...but waited to fill it out due to my MCAT...

But I have a question...are all the essays should be below 250 words ...even the optional essay???
i'm not sure i understood what you meant by that. But I believe you asked if they needed to be below 250 words and yes that is correct.

Anyone who has been interviewed... care to share some of their interview questions/experiences?
you should check the school specific interview thread feeback forum for this...there are at least 60 posts last time i checked

you should check the school specific interview thread feeback forum for this...there are at least 60 posts last time i checked

Where is that?...I thought this was the mercer interview thread feedback forum.

Where is that?...I thought this was the mercer interview thread feedback forum.
Scroll to the top of this page (all of the SDN pages) and you'll see "Interview Feedback" click it then "All Schools," then go to Mercer

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been complete since mid August and have not heard anything. Does Mercer take a long time or have I been passed over? If I call and ask the status of my application, will they tell me if I have been rejected?
:confused:

Ive been complete since mid August and have not heard anything. Does Mercer take a long time or have I been passed over? If I call and ask the status of my application, will they tell me if I have been rejected?
:confused:

Who knows. I submitted my application on 10/4, mailed my residency verification on 10/6, and received an interview invite yesterday morning.

Who knows. I submitted my application on 10/4, mailed my residency verification on 10/6, and received an interview invite yesterday morning.

Overhauser - can you post your stats, please? just curious to see what range of individuals theyre interviewing at this point.

thanks! and congrats on the interview!

Accepted regular decision! :)

Congratulations!!! I bet that is an awesome feeling. Do you mind posting your stats? I have not heard a word from Mercer, thinking about writing a LOI. I know they accepted 50 EDP though so chances this year for regular are slim.

Can someone tell me what sort of questions they asked at the interview? I got some really weird questions and want to know if that is the norm!

What kind of questions were you asked? Macon or Savannah campus? I interviewed a few weeks ago and was accepted. When did you interview?

Last edited:
Savannah on Oct. 19. My husband interviewed Oct. 14 in Savannah and was also accepted.

Awesome, congrats to both you and your husband that is really cool!!! I interview on the 12th at Macon campus. Haven't heard anything yet. It is really bothering me. Maybe after next committee meeting I will hear.

Hey Bigboosting! I interviewed in Savannah too! Who was your interviewer?

Man... I submitted my app end of Aug and have yet to hear anything. I called today and talked to Mrs. Coleman and she gave me about zero info. about my file. I feel like my stats are not too bad and Im committed to underserved areas. I would kill for an opportunity to interview at Mercer and have no idea whats going on. :(

Awesome, congrats to both you and your husband that is really cool!!! I interview on the 12th at Macon campus. Haven't heard anything yet. It is really bothering me. Maybe after next committee meeting I will hear.

Thanks :) I hope you do hear soon. Maybe they're putting you in the next meeting or waiting on Fall grades or something.

Hey Bigboosting! I interviewed in Savannah too! Who was your interviewer?

I had Dr. Yang and a 4th year medical student. Ditto for husband's interviewers.

Man... I submitted my app end of Aug and have yet to hear anything. I called today and talked to Mrs. Coleman and she gave me about zero info. about my file. I feel like my stats are not too bad and Im committed to underserved areas. I would kill for an opportunity to interview at Mercer and have no idea whats going on. :(

Maybe try writing a letter of interest?

Wasn't the committee meeting for this month supposed to be yesterday? Has anybody heard anything?

yah it was yesterday...but i haven't heard anything either

i've been so restless waiting...ive heard nothing yet :(

Come on guys - they said a day or two before we'd hear back :D.

Still no call. :( I guess I will have to wait until next month. Has anybody else gotten a call?

Also, does anybody know if they will be having an admissions committee meeting in December since it's near Christmas?

Received a letter of acceptance today - it was postmarked on 11/19.

Received a letter of acceptance today - it was postmarked on 11/19.

Congrats!!! You didn't get a call as well? I haven't heard of anyone getting accepted in a while, I was getting worried that mine was a mistake :laugh: Macon or Savannah?

I never got a phone call - just the letter.

And I haven't made a decision yet concerning campus preference. I interviewed Savannah, so I'm trying to gather some information about the Macon campus.

I never got a phone call - just the letter.

And I haven't made a decision yet concerning campus preference. I interviewed Savannah, so I'm trying to gather some information about the Macon campus.

Congrats!! :welcome:

Congrats! You can always tour the Macon campus before you choose and probably even sit on a class, if you are able to make the trip. They're very good about that sort of thing.

I interviewed the 18, just one day before the last committee meeting! :(

Now the next one is Dec 15.

My interview went very well! The committee member interviewer basically told me he was going to advocate for me.

Is there anything I can do to make them remember me since Dec. 15 is so far away? I already sent them a Thank you letter.

I finally was invited for an interview at the Savannah campus!!!!:):) I am so excited!!! I am a reapplicant that literally received the last possible interview spot 2 years ago and was rejected. This time will be completely different!!! :xf::xf::xf:
Primary submitted 10/1 Secondary submitted 10/15 File Complete 11/2 Interview Invite 12/6 Interview scheduled for 1/6

I, too, got an interview invite today for 1/6 but in Macon. I was complete 11/30.

still no news from mercer! any idea when the interview season is over for them?

Last year, I think the last interview was given out as late as March...? I could be wrong. You could check the 2009-2010 thread to be sure.

The phone has been quiet :confused: tonight
Maybe tomorrow will bring good news :)

I was interviewd on Nov.30th and received an acceptance call near 6ish today from my student interviewer. FYI. Good luck everyone!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.