2010-2011 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called the admission office. They said that they will be sending acceptances over the next few days, as they come out of committee Good luck to all

I see... the chinese torture concept of "trickle down med schools acceptances"....Great job Cornell :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to all who got the good news!

:xf: for the rest of us! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED WOOOOOOOOO!!!

The email was really weird...it didn't even contain the school name "Weill Cornell" until the very bottom - thought it was a prank.

Just called the admission office. They said that they will be sending acceptances over the next few days, as they come out of committee Good luck to all

I really hope this isn't the same version as Harvard's "we'll be releasing acceptances through the week" ;) - LIES! haha

I really hope this isn't the same version as Harvard's "we'll be releasing acceptances through the week" ;) - LIES! haha

Especially since last year, a ton of SDN acceptances came out on the 3rd, then a mass of WL emails came out on the 4th. (Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but past is prologue...)

Yeah, I was fine until someone got their acceptance now I'm an nervous wreck :scared:. I hope what they said about the next few days was true. :xf:

Yeah, I was fine until someone got their acceptance now I'm an nervous wreck :scared:. I hope what they said about the next few days was true. :xf:

Yeah I wish I could be really optimistic about that. It just seems that everytime an adcom says they will spread things out, and oh yes, more are coming, it is never true. Cornell is only 100 students per class. Why spread out the initial acceptance emails? Unless they really are emailing them out as the committee decides. Which would be a bit bizarre. Most just wait till they have total class selected, don't they? If not, may as well go totally rolling admissions.

I'm skeptical yet hopeful...

Especially since I had a super-late interview date, which allows me to hang onto the hope that the order files are reviewed/decisions are made has something to do with interview order. Did anyone who received an acceptance thus far interview in February?

I'm skeptical yet hopeful...

Especially since I had a super-late interview date, which allows me to hang onto the hope that the order files are reviewed/decisions are made has something to do with interview order. Did anyone who received an acceptance thus far interview in February?
+1, I interviewed late Feb. and haven't heard anything.

Congrats to those who've been accepted!! And if any of you are still looking at this while taking a break from your post-acceptance celebrations, could you please post up when you interviewed to help us all who are still in limbo.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?

Members don't see this ad :)
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?

No, march acceptances are for everybody...

No change in online status - it just says "Thank you for interviewing, decisions emailed in March.."

Yes!!!!!
I interviewed on first day of dec.

Also, I sent both Lori and Dr. Bardes a letter of why Cornell is my first choice in the second half of Feburary.

Don't know if it did anything.

Last edited:
the last few who posted, were you guys part of the "first batch" of responses today?

I interviewed here a little over a month ago, and I remember someone in the admissions office told my group that December acceptances were for the select group of people whose two interviewers both happened to be present at a pre-December admissions committee meeting.

So even if you interviewed before December, you could still definitely have a shot.

Last edited:
I interviewed here a little over a month ago, and I remember someone in the admissions office told my group that December acceptances were for the select group of people whose two interviewers both happened to be present at a pre-December admissions committee meeting.

So even if you interviewed before December, you could still definitely have a shot.

Thanks everyone, glad to know there's still a chance!
And, again, congrats to everyone who got in today! Weill Cornell is an awesome place! :thumbup:

accepted this morning! dream school. i interviewed in december 16th

from previous years it sounds like they usually accept around 200+ students, maybe tomorrow we can find out how many acceptances have given out so far...

Got the acceptance at 8am this morning, flipped naturally because it was my first choice.

i interviewed in november and had sent a letter to Lori explaining that Cornell was my dream school in December. January I sent an update letter.

Good luck guys!!

and congrats to my future classmates here :)

interviewed in early december (no in-the-area email) - no update letter or letter of interest since I really thought I did horribly in the interview...wasn't expecting too much

I really don't want to be a killjoy but I'm itching to place bets that tomorrow begins the mass of WL emails. I quite honestly don't buy this whole "we'll be releasing decisions throughout the week" thing. =/

I really don't want to be a killjoy but I'm itching to place bets that tomorrow begins the mass of WL emails. I quite honestly don't buy this whole "we'll be releasing decisions throughout the week" thing. =/

agreed. would love an acceptance though haha.

Let us try to be a bit optimistic for the faint of heart (me)

Same here, no email today. However, I am 100 percent sure tomorrow will be WL and rejection emails (from the past two years).

looks like i'm joining yet another waitlist

Nothing for me yet either.. I just called the admissions office, and they actually said they were working on another batch. (spoke with 2 different people) So basically.. I'm either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected -- ALL OVER AGAIN haha

Nothing for me yet either.. I just called the admissions office, and they actually said they were working on another batch. (spoke with 2 different people) So basically.. I'm either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected -- ALL OVER AGAIN haha

well hopefully there actually are acceptances in this "second batch"! Thanks for calling, gray. Most appreciated.

For those who got the emails today, when did you interview? I was wondering whether those of us who interviewed at the bitter end were included in this batch of acceptance/waitlist emails.

Congrats to all who were accepted, and to those on the waitlist, GOOD LUCK!

I interviewed last week of February, haha.. maybe they are doing them in order?

Interviewed early October. No email yesterday or today, still waiting...
But hey, if even Colltheroll gets only WL, I can accept anything out of Cornell!
(I'm actually quite content with Dartmouth)

For those keeping track, I interviewed early october also. No news yet. I won't be going to Cornell but I am just curious now. I did not get a good vibe at all from this interview.

Last edited:
i think they send mass emails. i interviewed late september. seems like ages ago

I wonder if they really will send another batch of acceptances or if it will be Acceptances yesterday, Waitlists today and Rejections tomorrow :)

I wonder if they really will send another batch of acceptances or if it will be Acceptances yesterday, Waitlists today and Rejections tomorrow :)

very possible. that would seem to make the most sense from their end.

Accepted in the first batch yesterday morning. (October interview.) I'm super excited--Cornell has just jumped to the top of my list. Anyone know if there's a facebook group yet?

For those still waiting: good luck! (There weren't a ton of acceptances posted here, so there may well be another batch...)

I just called too again and she said that they are still sending out acceptances I don't know what to believe

Just received the wait list e-mail.

Just received waitlist email, interviewed one of the last possible days.
(I'm actually pleased to be waitlisted, is that bad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.