2019-2020 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys!

Accepted student here! I am curious, does anyone know the link to the GroupMe? Also, has anyone received any updates from admissions after the April 30th deadline? I submitted my deposit and selected PTE but it has been radio silence since then. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!

Accepted student here! I am curious, does anyone know the link to the GroupMe? Also, has anyone received any updates from admissions after the April 30th deadline? I submitted my deposit and selected PTE but it has been radio silence since then. Thank you in advance!
Hey future classmate - 1) The GroupMe link is in the facebook group. If you can't find it easily, I would just post there. 2) Yes, basically radio silence. I've received an email about my transcripts but that's it.

Hi guys!

Silence on my end too.

just keep scrolling down and you’ll find the group me link on the FB one

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey future classmate - 1) The GroupMe link is in the facebook group. If you can't find it easily, I would just post there. 2) Yes, basically radio silence. I've received an email about my transcripts but that's it.
I didn’t get an email about sending transcripts? Anyone else not get the email?

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t get an email about sending transcripts? Anyone else not get the email?
I didn’t either.
In our initial acceptance email, it did say we needed our transcripts in by july 15 or something like that.

however, someone in the groupme said electronic was fine and that they would email you when it was received.. so maybe that’s what he/she is referring to?

Reactions: 1 users

Hi guys!

Thank you for your reply! I did not receive an email about transcripts either. Maybe they will update us to let us know that electronic copies are fine? But it is comforting to know that I am not the only one experiencing radio silence.

As for the GroupMe, thank you for letting me know! I don't have FB which will explain why I could not find the link haha.

real talk, do you guys think it's feasible that we have in-person classes in the fall? esp since harvard med just said they're going online...bummed that we might have to miss out on a semester of living in NYC :(

real talk, do you guys think it's feasible that we have in-person classes in the fall? esp since harvard med just said they're going online...bummed that we might have to miss out on a semester of living in NYC :(
From second look, they didn’t have anything concrete. I think they said they were looking into a hybrid of online stuff and small group .... and would also give us PPE so that we could still do hospital related stuff? I think that’s what I remember lol.

I just hope they let us MOVE IN for starters.

From second look, they didn’t have anything concrete. I think they said they were looking into a hybrid of online stuff and small group .... and would also give us PPE so that we could still do hospital related stuff? I think that’s what I remember lol.

I just hope they let us MOVE IN for starters.
For sure. I’m gonna hate not being able to hang with you guys in the beginning. Plus med school with a family of 6...yea no thanks I’m good lol

Just got my financial aid award letter, so I am officially going to Cornell.

Reactions: 4 users
does cornell require a certiphi background check? and how do we send that to them?

It would be great if the school updated us on what their current thinking is. Even if they haven't made a decision yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
does cornell require a certiphi background check? and how do we send that to them?

The school doesn't require a background check according to AAMC. If you look at the link for the participating schools (see below), under background check, it says that Weill Cornell does not require one. It will also explain why in the acceptance letter there was no mention of a background check.

Alternatively, you can check on the Ceritphi website and see which medical schools participate in their service. Cheers!

Does anyone know if we have to fill out the loan promissory note and take the class offered by fafsa in order to take out our loans?

Has any WL-acceptees not gotten their financial aid package yet? I submitted all my materials last Friday but still not package :/

OMG just got called and accepted off the waitlist!! I’m going to NYC—can’t believe it!!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Got called about 20 minutes ago!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Have y’all sent in any other updates/letters since May began? Starting to lose hope here

@ accepted students w/ finaid packages...

was curious -- if you didn't get a grant to cover full CoA, did anyone get institutional loans (like the ones that don't start accruing interest until residency and beyond? Or did you just take federal loans/parental support to cover the remaining CoA?

@ accepted students w/ finaid packages...

was curious -- if you didn't get a grant to cover full CoA, did anyone get institutional loans (like the ones that don't start accruing interest until residency and beyond? Or did you just take federal loans/parental support to cover the remaining CoA?
WCM only gives out grants, not loans.

The grants cover your need-based. So CoA-EFC=need-based.
I'm talking about the EFC part. The part they calculated you are able to pay out of pocket.
I didn't get any institutional loans offered to cover my EFC, so I'd likely take out federal loans to cover those expenses

Have y’all sent in any other updates/letters since May began? Starting to lose hope here

I sent one update and am debating on sending another :/. Losing hope tbh and probably should sign a lease at my planned enrolled. Can't be bummed cause I love my current school but still kinda feel bummed haha

Do we need to have BLS/ACLS before starting or do they make us take courses as a class?

The grants cover your need-based. So CoA-EFC=need-based.
I'm talking about the EFC part. The part they calculated you are able to pay out of pocket.

Is the EFC that they calculate on par with other schools? For example, one school's total CoA is 90k and says I should pay 45k. Out of the remaining 45k, 22.5k is need based aid and 22.5 is designated for loans. Would I assume Cornell would just cover that 22.5k that was designated for loans? Not sure if all schools calculate EFC the same.

Is the EFC that they calculate on par with other schools? For example, one school's total CoA is 90k and says I should pay 45k. Out of the remaining 45k, 22.5k is need based aid and 22.5 is designated for loans. Would I assume Cornell would just cover that 22.5k that was designated for loans? Not sure if all schools calculate EFC the same.
My EFC was highest here, but aid was best because they cover everything else. There’s no way to know for sure and the formula I’m sure is different for each school.

accepted students: anyone know when we’ll hear about vaccination forms and when to complete them??

Is it hopeful thinking to think that since today was the deadline to commit for accepted waitlist students that more acceptances will be sent tomorrow?

Is it hopeful thinking to think that since today was the deadline to commit for accepted waitlist students that more acceptances will be sent tomorrow?

I think the class seems to be mostly full but it's possible.

accepted students: anyone know when we’ll hear about vaccination forms and when to complete them??
In past years the forms are on the accepted student site sometime over the summer. It's not a strict deadline—just try your best to complete them before you matriculate in August.

Hey guys I am an applicant from last cycle who was admitted. Although I decided to go to another school I would love to provide feedback on anything or answer any questions you all may have!

Hi, random question - How strict is the January 31 prereq deadline? I was planning on taking a prereq during my last semester of undergrad...which would be after this deadline.

Idk who is from university of Notre dame, but your transcript was accidentally added to my file I think. Just got the email that the transcript was added to my file. Hoping this doesn’t mean that they added my letters I wrote to someone else’s file lol. Gunna call tomorrow to make sure everything is in order.

Do they notify al WL applicants once all seats are full, or do they just wait and once the or orientation begins its implied?

Has the school said anything yet regarding if the Fall curriculum will be virtual or in person?
They have been meeting and are actively discussing the options. It looks like class will be virtual with limited in person activities like small group and anatomy, (or clerkships) So right now it looks like we are moving in. Things can change but these are the indications we are getting right now (as current as Saturday).

Reactions: 2 users
They have been meeting and are actively discussing the options. It looks like class will be virtual with limited in person activities like small group and anatomy, (or clerkships) So right now it looks like we are moving in. Things can change but these are the indications we are getting right now (as current as Saturday).

where did u get this info?? was it sent in an email to all accepted students?