2010-2011 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
I officially withdrew this morning--easily one of the toughest decisions of my life. I hope someone that loves this school as much as I did gets my spot :luck:

I officially withdrew this morning--easily one of the toughest decisions of my life. I hope someone that loves this school as much as I did gets my spot :luck:

Hmm so this is pretty much only for out-of-staters now, or people who would choose Baylor over an amcas school they already chose?

Ah! This makes me happy and nervous at the same time. I am the person for the position;) This is my second application cycle, and my second BCM wait list, and despite all the waiting I love love love this school:)

Invin22, I think I got your spot!!! Got the acceptance email in China about midmorning on Tuesday, Central time. I still get butterflies thinking of that magic moment. So excited for BCM. I'm OOS.

Not sure if me contacting BCM admissions helped, but it would have to be incredibly coincidental not to. I have kept BCM updated about my interest and activities after my interview in September. I repeatedly made it clear BCM was my top choice and I would decline other offers to attend here. In early May, I informed the office I would be in China for 5 weeks and BCM was still my top choice. After being in China for 4 weeks and hearing nothing from BCM, I thought I had decent pretense to call the office and ask for an update and make sure I didn't miss anything being out of the country. It seemed that most people get accepted on Monday evening, so I figured there must be some sort of meeting Monday afternoon. I figured if I called Monday morning from China to express my interest, the office might be somewhat moved by my sincerity and give me enough brownie points to merit an acceptance. I made the call, and low and behold I was accepted the next day! It's either a fun coincidence or proof that it doesn't hurt to try (as long as you are not annoying).

Invin22, I think I got your spot!!! Got the acceptance email in China about midmorning on Tuesday, Central time. I still get butterflies thinking of that magic moment. So excited for BCM. I'm OOS.

Not sure if me contacting BCM admissions helped, but it would have to be incredibly coincidental not to. I have kept BCM updated about my interest and activities after my interview in September. I repeatedly made it clear BCM was my top choice and I would decline other offers to attend here. In early May, I informed the office I would be in China for 5 weeks and BCM was still my top choice. After being in China for 4 weeks and hearing nothing from BCM, I thought I had decent pretense to call the office and ask for an update and make sure I didn't miss anything being out of the country. It seemed that most people get accepted on Monday evening, so I figured there must be some sort of meeting Monday afternoon. I figured if I called Monday morning from China to express my interest, the office might be somewhat moved by my sincerity and give me enough brownie points to merit an acceptance. I made the call, and low and behold I was accepted the next day! It's either a fun coincidence or proof that it doesn't hurt to try (as long as you are not annoying).

hmm i think you got someone else's spot, s/he said s/he withdrew friday, and you got in tuesday, right? so maaaybe more spots open?? lol

Congrats dillydally! Now GET EXCITED about orientation, it starts in 5 weeks!! See you soon!

Congrats! Welcome to BCM! :)

Thanks y'all! Hey, if anyone wouldn't mind me crashing their pad a few days next week as I fly to Houston to look for a place, let me know!!

It's already July, so I guess this is it for my application at Baylor. Anyhow, thanks -jturkel, canjosh, and gospursgo - for answering mine, and everyone else's questions this application cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.