2009-2010 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if they are syill sending out interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if they are syill sending out interview invites?

I think they still are. I remember they said they do it through November or December or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
interview was 10/16. OOS. status of "admissions review completed" or whatever was up 8 days before I got my final pool e-mail.

yea, I'm bummed. I guess there's still hope, but I'm not holding my breath. I really liked the fact that you get assigned to a family for the 4 years that you're there. Seems like a really neat program.

yea, I'm bummed. I guess there's still hope, but I'm not holding my breath. I really liked the fact that you get assigned to a family for the 4 years that you're there. Seems like a really neat program.

If you scroll back a couple of pages, there's some informative couple of posts by a current student. He basically says you still have a chance if you're final pooled. So don't lose hope.

I just check my status page and it says that my review is complete as of today in the early afternoon. I still haven't heard anything from them does that mean I was final pooled as well?

I just check my status page and it says that my review is complete as of today in the early afternoon. I still haven't heard anything from them does that mean I was final pooled as well?

No you will have to wait about a week, I think.

ezsanche we interviewed the same day but i am still at committee scheduled.

ezsanche we interviewed the same day but i am still at committee scheduled.

Yeah that is a pretty weird. I thought they review all the applicants who interviewed the same day at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that is a pretty weird. I thought they review all the applicants who interviewed the same day at the same time.

Nope, I interviewed on Sept 15th and they havent looked at my application yet... =(

Nope, I interviewed on Sept 15th and they havent looked at my application yet... =(

Dang man, that sucks. You should definitely call them up to see what's up.

Dang man, that sucks. You should definitely call them up to see what's up.

Yea...i emailed b4 and they said they could release information about other applicants and when they get looked at. So, i just thought that it meant to not bother them and wait... but i'm quite skeptical now =P anyways, it doesnt matter...i got one acceptance already..so, i'm not too anxious. =)

Anyone on alternate list gotten the straight acceptance yet?

Alternate List email: 10/22
Full Acceptance: 11/5

Yeah I got my Alternate email on 10/22, and I thought I was going to get the full one this past Thursday. Could it be that too many people made the $200 deposits, so there are no more open spots left?

I interviewed on 10/23 and my status says Admissions Committee Scheduled as of 11/10. Has anybody else who interviewed on that day heard anything yet?

I interviewed on 10/23 and my status says Admissions Committee Scheduled as of 11/10. Has anybody else who interviewed on that day heard anything yet?

You probably won't hear anything for awhile. I interviewed 10/19 and they told us to expect news around 12/15 at the earliest. I am still "admissions committee scheduled" as well.

I interviewed sometime in early November and got accepted to the alternate list two weeks after my interview.

I interviewed sometime in early November and got accepted to the alternate list two weeks after my interview.

:confused: That's really unusual. They told us they would review applicants in order of interview date.

:confused: That's really unusual. They told us they would review applicants in order of interview date.
I guess they lied to you!

I am a florida resident maybe they are reviewing the florida resident first and the OOS last.

Since there are more spots available for florida resident then there for OOS.

Congrats to you...but hearing that makes my heart cry :( I really like FIU. I think it has a lot of potential to be a really awesome med school.

Perhaps you were lucky. Or maybe they like you a lot.

Congrats to you...but hearing that makes my heart cry :( I really like FIU. I think it has a lot of potential to be a really awesome med school.

Don't worry so much. I'm sure they will come to you soon.:luck:

The funny thing is I felt I did horrible in my interview, but I still got the acceptance. I guess you can never tell with these things.

The funny thing is I felt I did horrible in my interview, but I still got the acceptance. I guess you can never tell with these things.
I felt like my interview went perfectly, would not have changed one answer.....and I was final pooled, but it's probably because I don't speak spanish

j/k (maybe)

Ya know...I wish they'd tell you WHEN your admissions committee was scheduled for. But that would take too much stress off of me, and probably inundate them with phone calls right after every committee meeting...grr.

Its been more than a month post-interview and I still have adcom scheduled...arrgghhh:(:(:(:(. This wait is excruciating!!! Apparently, there was a technical glitch last week during the adcom meeting, so it was rescheduled..my file should have been decided last week, but now with the holiday, I guess next wk or the one after...

Just added this school a day before the primary deadline a day before the deadline! I - hopefully they'll see something in me and me and FIU will be good friends! But I know I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay late in the game.:confused:

Last edited:
Just added this school a day before the primary deadline a day before the deadline! I was wait listed from my top choice and this made me feel better - hopefully they'll see something in me and me and FIU will be good friends! But I know I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay late in the game.:confused:

It is really late. Good luck.

Thanks. At least I got the secondary today. Guess I wil complete this weekend.

Hey IndigoBoy,

Don't worry too much and let others get you down- alot of people submit late for a variety of reasons - it certainly doesn't mean it's impossible, I submitted 2 wks ago. I have had to submit all of mine later than most due to financial constraints. The interviews still continue (some schools go right into March).... just rest assured you're not "out" by any means. While it's better to submit early, they still go right on through the files as usual - not all the seats are filed right away. good luck!

Thanks Dr KT - best of luck to you. I submitted most others early (Sept) but haven't heard from about half of the schools. This process is making me crazy and depressed at the same time.

I wanna celebrate but I think it's premature. I got the alternate acceptance email today. I guess I'll wait for the real deal b4 popping any bottles... But I'm happy to get this far though!! :D:D

I wanna celebrate but I think it's premature. I got the alternate acceptance email today. I guess I'll wait for the real deal b4 popping any bottles... But I'm happy to get this far though!! :D:D

Congrats.

I don't know when the straight acceptances will come out. I got the alternate list email in October and still no word. We might have to wait till next year, it seems.

Congrats.

I don't know when the straight acceptances will come out. I got the alternate list email in October and still no word. We might have to wait till next year, it seems.

Thanks, I hope we both get da real deal soon...

Just submitted the secondary. Should I expect some sort of complete e-mail from them? If so, how long?

Just submitted the secondary. Should I expect some sort of complete e-mail from them? If so, how long?

Yeah you should get a complete email. I got mine in a couple of days, but that was way early in the cycle.

my admissions committee was completed on dec 1. how long does it take to find out a decision?

Hey ICARLY,

I found out the day after I was complete. They send you an email saying whether you have been accepted or not. Most likely if you are accepted you will be placed on the alternate list. If you are placed on the alternate list you should get the full acceptance within 2 to 3 weeks. BTW good job with the UCF and Mount Sinai acceptances! Both are great schools!

Last edited:
Hey ICARLY,

I found out the day after I was complete. They send you an email saying whether you have been accepted or not. Most likely if you are accepted you will be placed on the alternate list. If you are placed on the alternate list you should get the full acceptance within 2 to 3 weeks. BTW good job with the UCF and Mount Sinai acceptances! Both are great schools!

I don't know if that's true. I was placed on the alternate list more than month ago, and haven't heard anything since.

when did you get it?

I think I was on the alt list for about 4 weeks, and got it mid November. When I initially asked they said it would come in November or December

I was originally placed on the accepted alternate list on 11/13 and was notified last wednesday I am now officially accepted and have to send my deposit within 2 weeks. Guess it's ranked?? :shrug:

interviewed 10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.