2008 - 2009 University of Colorado Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't take the day off unless it's absolutely necessary. I got my acceptance email from them on Christmas eve.

My GF who works out there got sent home. . . no patients to see.
I bet the offices are open. They have to do it by march 31

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same type of experience and my interview was late in the year too....but I am coming right out of undergrad....so I think it just depends on how your interview went.

3 days left to hear....Are they going to draw it out until the last minute?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I spoke to Sean 6 weeks ago, he said that they were sending out all notifications monday, March 30. That is the same thing that had been posted here as a forward from the CU premed advisor/faculty, which was again confirmed by some CU friends of mine. Im not a betting man, but my money says decisions go out monday.

Just got an email from CU, saying I have been wait listed!!! TOP 1/3rd!!! Very excited and hopeful!!

Just got an email from CU, saying I have been wait listed!!! TOP 1/3rd!!! Very excited and hopeful!!
You got the email today? Anybody else get an email? I still haven't heard anything.

Hmmm odd...maybe they accidently sent it to you early? :confused:

Strange. No word yet here. I wonder if that was an anomaly or a bad sign for those who haven't heard.

I had a friend who got that same email. Just FYI.

I am so done with this waiting game. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am feeling pretty down about CU atm. I don't think it looks good for us. I am old and have been accepted to a number of DO schools which I will happily attend if I am rejected, it just means I have to move out of CO where I have lived for 12+ years.

The thing that really irritates me is they could have just rejected me 4 months ago and moved on. I could have sold my house, my husband could have started looking for a new job, I could have moved on. The outcome will be the same now, it just would have given us more time in a cruddy economy to get things done.

Anyway, I just needed to vent for a minute. I hope I'm wrong and there is still hope, but if not I sincerely hope you all have other options as well. Best of luck to all my fellow waiters :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so done with this waiting game. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am feeling pretty down about CU atm. I don't think it looks good for us. I am old and have been accepted to a number of DO schools which I will happily attend if I am rejected, it just means I have to move out of CO where I have lived for 12+ years.

The thing that really irritates me is they could have just rejected me 4 months ago and moved on. I could have sold my house, my husband could have started looking for a new job, I could have moved on. The outcome will be the same now, it just would have given us more time in a cruddy economy to get things done.

Anyway, I just needed to vent for a minute. I hope I'm wrong and there is still hope, but if not I sincerely hope you all have other options as well. Best of luck to all my fellow waiters :luck:

Hang in there!!! I know, this waiting sucks horribly!! Good luck! Hope you get to stay in CO, and hopefully I can move back home instead of a million miles away to the Caribbean.

I feel the same way. CU was my first interview in October and I will be hearing from them last out of the schools where I interviewed. I thought that with my GPA, MCAT, and good ECs and with CU being my state school that I would get into CU and hear from them early...and I admit it was a little arrogant of me to think so but it made sense to me. Obviously, I was wrong about that. :( I really wish they would just tell us all already where we stand so that we can move on with our lives and make plans to move out of state if that is what needs to be done.

I completely understand your frustration! I almost fell out of my chair when I got an interview in September to Pittsburgh, only to find out that they waitlisted nearly everyone so they could look at the entire pile again in May. I can only imagine that with my MCAT score I will move quickly to the bottom of that pile... which defeated the whole purpose of applying early and would just be a waste of travel expenses!

On the other hand, I interviewed at Colorado and received the phone calls notifying me of acceptance about a week later. This whole process is so arbitrary and frustrating, but hang in there just a little bit more. At least after Monday you can have something more solid to make choices on than silence.

I forgot to mention it earlier, but in the email it also said the class size has been increased to 160 this year. Just FYI.

(Did anyone know this before???)

I forgot to mention it earlier, but in the email it also said the class size has been increased to 160 this year. Just FYI.

(Did anyone know this before???)

Interesting. Not a huge move up, but that is 4 or so more lucky souls. They told us they have the facilities for a 200 person class, but had no immediate plans to head in that direction.

Are they seriously waiting until the last day possible to do this??? These guys are unreal. I hope that their insane procrastination does not reflect other aspects of the school's administration. It's hard to see them as a well-oiled-machine from this vantage point.

Middle third, better than nothing, just means that there will be alot more waiting. Ill just stick with better than waiting another year, at least i hope so.

Same here. That was a long five month wait for bad news...thanks Colorado!

I still haven't heard a thing. WTF.

Me neither MedYep. Although I'm checking my e-mail compulsivley now...

Why do not you call them?
Everytime I have called in the past, the lady was rude to me and would tell me to wait until March 31st and then would hang up without me getting a word in. I'm scared to call now.:scared:

I'm with you guys.... it sucks. This is the second year I've received bad news from them on the last day. It's really unfortunate the way that this works. Last year I received a rejection on the last day, and I interviewed in October. Obviously they could have told me "no" much earlier, it sucks because I remained optimistic and distracted, and held on to hope only to find out I wasn't going to school and only had 2 months before I had to reapply... I feel like if I was notified in October I could have improved my application much more and been way more successful this cycle -- perhaps it's my fault for not having the foresight and continuing my application anyways. Nonetheless, it sucks, but I have moved up in rejections and get the consolation of technically being on the waitlist. However I encourage everyone to truly be proud of doing so well in such a brutally competitive process, and I have no doubts that if you guys want it bad enough you will get it.

See you next year.

how are you being informed of wait list status? an email? an email to check your status page? a call to the secretary?

ugh i am so nervous i think im twitching...

there is always next year :( :( :(

Everytime I have called in the past, the lady was rude to me and would tell me to wait until March 31st and then would hang up without me getting a word in. I'm scared to call now.:scared:

That really sucks but I would call them anyway. I think most of us have gotten the waitlist notifications by now. There is no reason for them to keep that information from you.

how are you being informed of wait list status? an email? an email to check your status page? a call to the secretary?

ugh i am so nervous i think im twitching...

there is always next year :( :( :(

It is an email.

maybe since i have not heard i will be receiving a rejection email??? ugh this is depressing. has anyone been rejected who interviewed? have any rejection emails even gone out?

i stilllll have no news. the finger is going to fall off from hitting F5 and the twitching continues...

I called. She wouldn't give me any specific info about my app or whether only rejections were left. She did say that ALL applicants would be notified by 5pm tonight. So hold tight everyone and g'luck.

I called. She wouldn't give me any specific info about my app or whether only rejections were left. She did say that ALL applicants would be notified by 5pm tonight. So hold tight everyone and g'luck.
Thanks for not being a chicken like me and calling. :)

I'm with you guys.... it sucks. This is the second year I've received bad news from them on the last day. It's really unfortunate the way that this works. Last year I received a rejection on the last day, and I interviewed in October. Obviously they could have told me "no" much earlier, it sucks because I remained optimistic and distracted, and held on to hope only to find out I wasn't going to school and only had 2 months before I had to reapply... I feel like if I was notified in October I could have improved my application much more and been way more successful this cycle -- perhaps it's my fault for not having the foresight and continuing my application anyways. Nonetheless, it sucks, but I have moved up in rejections and get the consolation of technically being on the waitlist. However I encourage everyone to truly be proud of doing so well in such a brutally competitive process, and I have no doubts that if you guys want it bad enough you will get it.

See you next year.

It is a good thing to not hear no right away, it means they are still considering you. If they make a decision to reject you, they will let you know. It isn't something where they decide to tell you no, but then hold on to that info for 5 months just to make you sweat.

Also, this is pretty common for med schools across the country, not just CU.

Good luck to those of you waiting! There is still a chance, for sure.

Bottom 1/3 notification and withdrew promptly. Good luck rest of the folks

Thanks for callin,

I am impressed that they arent actually waiting until 11:59pm on Tues to sent out the last ones :rolleyes:. Hey, but maybe they are moving up the waitlist as they send them out and those that hear at 5pm will be top third or acceptances.....we can always dream

i continue to WAIT this is a REALLY long day :confused: :confused: :confused:

Middle third of the waitlist. Somehow I knew the limbo wouldn't end today. My email came at 9:45 this morning (while I was getting a root-canal).

Thanks for callin,

I am impressed that they arent actually waiting until 11:59pm on Tues to sent out the last ones :rolleyes:. Hey, but maybe they are moving up the waitlist as they send them out and those that hear at 5pm will be top third or acceptances.....we can always dream

That's a good thought.

Still waiting and going insane...

the perpetually busy phone number is not helping to calm my nerves...

I've definitely lost weight today from the anxiety. Still no news.

Fellow Colorado applicants, it is sad to say this, but I believe it is a lost cause. I work at UCHSC, and could not take the waiting. I visited the Admissions Office about 2 hours ago looking into why I and so many of you have not heard from them yet. I spoke with the person in charge of sending out emails (I think her name was Gale), who stated that she had already sent out all the waitlist emails and only had a few more acceptance emails to send out. The remaining emails she had were only rejections. She said she hoped to have them all sent out by 5pm today, but if not then, by tomorrow early afternoon. For the lucky few who were those last acceptances congratulations, and for the rest, I hate to be the bearer of bad news (since it was depressing to find out). Good luck to everyone in your attempts to find a med school.

Got my e-mail at 9:40 today. Not great, but better than last year's bottom third. Now I'm just wondering what my chances are. Does any know how many people get waitlisted? Like other posts here, I've put my life on hold during the applying/waiting process. Some specific feedback would be nice, good or bad, so that I can make plans based on realistic outcomes rather than blind hope. Good luck to those that are still waiting, although I hope you don't take my spot.

Rejected at around 4pm colorado time.

I am an official reject. But it is good to finally have a decision in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.