Xavier And Famu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjmally

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For Those Of You That Apply To Xavier And Famu Did You Guys Hear Anything From Them Yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to FAMU, I havn't heard anything

Xavier has really upset me. They sent me a letter saying that my application was incomplete and that all of my materials weren't received on time which is not true. I e-mailed them telling them that I received the letter in error, but haven't heard anything else.

This is ridiculous.

I applied to FAMU, I havn't heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
I called FAMU this past wednesday and they told me that they are currently interviewing their students. They will be mailing out interview invitation for out of states students after spring break. I don't know if they are for real or not but we will see.

I sent in my application for xavier 12/14. I had an interview on 03/01/07. They said to expect to hear back from them the first or second week of april.

ARx1 I was told that in order to be accepted to Xavier you needed all A's in your science courses. Would you share your GPA and have you heard anything like this. Also are you from out of state?

My boyfriend got a call for an interview from xavier, two days ago. He is an out of state student. He called FAMU and they said they were out letters to people this week.

I also recieved a letter from xavier that they didn't get my transcript, which i sent. So i dont really know what to do. I dont know if i should call them to tell them that i sent it, but i feel it wont make an difference anyways. What should i do

ARx1 I was told that in order to be accepted to Xavier you needed all A's in your science courses. Would you share your GPA and have you heard anything like this. Also are you from out of state?

I don't think that is true b/c I have many c's in my science courses. Of course, I have taken many of them over and recieved a's. my overall gpa is 3.5, but i don't know if they take all your grades or just your highest grades to get your gpa. Also, I am an out of state student.

I havent heard anything from FAMU yet either...so i dont know whats going on and I am an In-state student...i live in florida...I hope I hear something from them soon...

Does anyone else live in Louisiana and heard from Xavier because all I hear is out of state students getting an interview request. One of my friends said that maybe they call out of state students first, but I have never heard that has anyone heard of that? I haven't even got a letter saying they got everything.

I just received an invitation for an interview from FAMU today

where do you live in florida? when is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you live in florida? when is your interview?

I live near Gainesville. They didn't give me a specific day for an interview, they have a list of dates to choose from.

Are you a FAMU prepharmacy student ? Do you know how many student they accept every year?

Are you a FAMU prepharmacy student ? Do you know how many student they accept every year?

I'm not a FAMU prepharmacy student. Right now I'm attending a community college. Sorry, I don't know how many students they accept each year.

Any out of state student received an interview request from FAMU?

hey chemmy, when did you sent in your application and other documents? and would you mind sharing your stats, please?

I was told that FAMU is on probation. Also, that some of the pharmacists who graduate from FAMU have bad reputations. My uncle is a pharmacy supervisor of Walgreens and told me not to apply there.

Does FAMU not teach what they are supposed to teach or what. Could you explain why its such a bad school.

hey chemmy, when did you sent in your application and other documents? and would you mind sharing your stats, please?

I sent my application and everything in January. I’m going to decline to interview there since I’ve been accepted to UF. Anyway here are some of my stats 4.0 gpa, 88 PCAT, A.A. degree, I volunteer and I participate in many extracurricular activities.

Does anyone else live in Louisiana and heard from Xavier because all I hear is out of state students getting an interview request. One of my friends said that maybe they call out of state students first, but I have never heard that has anyone heard of that? I haven't even got a letter saying they got everything.

I live in Louisiana and last Friday (the 9th of March) I received a call from Xavier for an interview. And sometime in January, I got a letter saying that received all of my admission material.

I was told that FAMU is on probation. Also, that some of the pharmacists who graduate from FAMU have bad reputations. My uncle is a pharmacy supervisor of Walgreens and told me not to apply there.

FAMU is on probation. I'm not sure what they need to correct. I've seen both good and bad pharmacists from FAMU.

browneyes021 do you mind sharing your stats and did you go to Xavier for undergrad?

I just got a call for an interview with Xavier.

Can anyone tell me what to expect at the interview? Thanks.

browneyes021 do you mind sharing your stats and did you go to Xavier for undergrad?

I actually switched my major after one year of graphic design... my GPA is 3.3 and I did not attend Xavier for undergrad. I am a Louisiana resident though. I've also done volunteer work on the side and I've only joined two organizations and devoted my time to those two.

this is the only school i've got an interview with so far. Interview is on March 20th and I am ready to impress them.

this is the only school i've got an interview with so far. Interview is on March 20th and I am ready to impress them.

Hey HumbleAfrican, my interview's on the 20th too! Good luck to you! I'm nervous, but ready to get to the next stage in order to be a pharmacist.

Hey HumbleAfrican, my interview's on the 20th too! Good luck to you! I'm nervous, but ready to get to the next stage in order to be a pharmacist.

Good Luck to you too. I heard the interview is like a conversation so it has decreased my nervousness a little bit.

Hey guys..
I just got a rejection letter from FAMU last Wednesday :( . Sent in my application in January, 3.5 GPA, 2 years experience as a pharmacy tech, In-patient volunteer work, and a FL resident. Good luck to everyone else!

I am a Louisiana resident and I had my interview Feb 8. After my interview I asked the lady at the desk when I should expect a letter, and she said at the end of April.

I also got rejected from FAMU, letter came a couple of days ago

Don't feel bad about those FAMU rejections. They are a 6 year school and not many people drop out after the first two years, which doesn't open up many seats.

I keep hearing different things about a response from Xavier about admittance. Does anyone know for sure when we will hear from them? I'm just freakin out over here, that's all... :scared:

Don't feel bad about those FAMU rejections. They are a 6 year school and not many people drop out after the first two years, which doesn't open up many seats.

furthermore... its FAMU - Pharmacy school is great - a school on probation however = not so great

Your better off going to another school.

~above~

I just received a rejection letter from famu today.:scared: i know it is on probation, so i was not going to go there, but i thought i will atleast receive an interview.

I received a rejection letter from FAMU last week also.

LOL LOL, so i got my rejection letter today from FAMU. I find this letter to be funny to me b/c i know my stats are good enough because i applied to NSU, LECOM and UF and got accepted to all school and FAMU rejected me what a joke :) good luck to all

I thought I would at least receive an interview offer but I got rejected from FAMU last week. I'm surprised some of the above posters did not get interviews. Makes me wonder what they're up to...lol

Has anybody received an acceptance letter or rejection letter from XAVIER? I just want to know when they will be sending out letters.

Has anybody received an acceptance letter or rejection letter from XAVIER? I just want to know when they will be sending out letters.

Everybody's waiting to hear from them. A classmate of mine said it will be sometime in mid April till beginning of May before we hear from them.

Went to my interview today and it wasn't bad at all. I was told there are 800applicants this year and they are taking 185 out of about 210 people they are intevewing. The last round of interviewing takes place on 4-8, so we should hear something after that. Hope this helps.

Went to my interview today and it wasn't bad at all. I was told there are 800applicants this year and they are taking 185 out of about 210 people they are intevewing. The last round of interviewing takes place on 4-8, so we should hear something after that. Hope this helps.

Are you talking about Xavier or Famu?

I thought I would at least receive an interview offer but I got rejected from FAMU last week. I'm surprised some of the above posters did not get interviews. Makes me wonder what they're up to...lol

FAMU probably has less than 10 seats to fill, if any. If no seats open up, they'll just reject everybody.

FAMU probably has less than 10 seats to fill, if any. If no seats open up, they'll just reject everybody.

...while collecting thousands in application fees. I think the FAMU adcoms have a kegger every year.

Was it mandatory to stay for the tour after writing the essay? I am asking this question because I left the campus after writing the essay and didn't tour the pharmacy building. Nobody told me about the tour.

After the essay part, the lady told me that was it and I could leave.