FAMU Pharmacy school CLASS 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LovePeace2019

Reaction score
HI everyone, I noticed that in previous years students opened threads as to the status of our applications, so I decided to open a thread as well FOR CLASS 2023.

What does your application status say? Are you a transfer student or a FAMU student?

If anyone does get an interview, please post it on the thread as you may have more information to offer on the situation. I hope we all get accepted into the program! Thank you and good luck ya'll!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I highly suggest you guys look into going to another school. I am currently in the pharmacy program and I really regret this program. Professors don’t teach, and over 75% of the students are failing and professors do not care. They throw their tenure in your face and they treat you like crap. Save your money and time. Many students are looking to transfer from this program. And don’t listen to pharmacist who graduated from there 3 or 4 years ago. They have no idea what is going on in the program now. It has changed a lot. The dean of the pharmacy program alone has changes 3 time in the last 2 years.

I do not have to attend the school to understand the sentiments. The low NAPLEX and MPJE pass rates for Florida A & M University (FAMU) School of Pharmacy speak for themselves. USFCOP was going to be a FAMU satellite campus; our current pharmacy school Dean also graduated from FAMU.

The NABP 2018 NAPLEX and MPJE pass rates are posted in a separate thread for your reference. Hint: The MPJE pass rates for USFCOP and FAMU are almost identical with USFCOP being slightly higher.

Last edited:
Interview invites anybody ???

I got an interview invite. My interview is on the 25th of March. Did you get an email? Also, if you dont get an email, look at your application profile, there will be a tab for the interview. Sometimes maybe they do not send the email.

I highly suggest you guys look into going to another school. I am currently in the pharmacy program and I really regret this program. Professors don’t teach, and over 75% of the students are failing and professors do not care. They throw their tenure in your face and they treat you like crap. Save your money and time. Many students are looking to transfer from this program. And don’t listen to pharmacist who graduated from there 3 or 4 years ago. They have no idea what is going on in the program now. It has changed a lot. The dean of the pharmacy program alone has changes 3 time in the last 2 years.

Thank you for your input. What year are you in right now? Second or third? How are you passing your classes, just studying everyday after lectures?

I got an interview invite. My interview is on the 25th of March. Did you get an email? Also, if you dont get an email, look at your application profile, there will be a tab for the interview. Sometimes maybe they do not send the email.
My interview is in the 29th. Tell us how it goes!

Hello fellow applicants,

As many of you, I am in the same boat. I am a transfer student and I am hopping to receive an acceptance letter for me main campus.

Also I have created a Facebook group : Famu College of Pharmacy 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Good Luck on your interview!

Hello fellow applicants,

As many of you, I am in the same boat. I am a transfer student and I am hopping to receive an acceptance letter for me main campus.

Also I have created a Facebook group : Famu College of Pharmacy 2023

Did you do your interview already and waiting for an acceptance letter? Also, I tried to search for your facebook group for the Famu College of Pharmacy 2023, but could not find it. Can you send us the link to the page please. Thank you and good luck!

Did you do your interview already and waiting for an acceptance letter? Also, I tried to search for your facebook group for the Famu College of Pharmacy 2023, but could not find it. Can you send us the link to the page please. Thank you and good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=famu college of pharmacy 2023&epa=SEARCH_BOX

This is the link to FAMU College of Pharmacy 2023.

No I did not interview yet. I am a transfer student from Eastern Florida State College. I believe your interview is tomorrow? Good luck and I am sure you will be accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your input. What year are you in right now? Second or third? How are you passing your classes, just studying everyday after lectures?

Hello, I am a P2. I currently have C’s and D’s which I guess is great in comparison to the many students with D’s and F’s. Please apply to other schools. This is a big investment of your time and money. It will be very hard to get a job when people look at you differently because you graduate from FAMU COPPS because this program has a bad reputation and people hear and know about. These professors are terrible and they want you to fail.

Hello, I am a P2. I currently have C’s and D’s which I guess is great in comparison to the many students with D’s and F’s. Please apply to other schools. This is a big investment of your time and money. It will be very hard to get a job when people look at you differently because you graduate from FAMU COPPS because this program has a bad reputation and people hear and know about. These professors are terrible and they want you to fail.

Hello 1202,

Why do the professors what you guys to fail. Whats wrong with them?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=famu college of pharmacy 2023&epa=SEARCH_BOX

This is the link to FAMU College of Pharmacy 2023.

No I did not interview yet. I am a transfer student from Eastern Florida State College. I believe your interview is tomorrow? Good luck and I am sure you will be accepted.
I did my interview on the 25th. It started out with an opening statement. And they asked me multiple questions about health disparities in United States, what does a good pharmacist mean, what makes you a good pharmacist, Have you had any volunteering activities, where. That what I remember from the interview. When is your interview date? Good luck!!! It is a waiting game now :(

My interview is in the 29th. Tell us how it goes!
Good luck. Tell us how it will go! Mine went well I think. They were very professional and I think I did well. It is a waiting game right now. I just can not wait to see what is the decision and I have been checking my email every hour lol.

Good luck. Tell us how it will go! Mine went well I think. They were very professional and I think I did well. It is a waiting game right now. I just can not wait to see what is the decision and I have been checking my email every hour lol.
What kind of questions did they ask ?

What kind of questions did they ask ?
What I remember, first they started with an opening statement and then tell us about yourself. What defines a good pharmacist / characteristic of a good pharmacist, what are health disparities facing this nation, have you applied to another schools/why, what volunteering activities you have been involved in and if I had any questions. I do not remember the rest, but I would suggest to google pharmacy interview questions and practice them and it will be exactly the same. It was nothing out of ordinary. It was straight forward. However, the setting was scary lol. They had me sit in the middle and they were typing while I was talking. Kinda intimidating. Good luck. Are you practicing? Did you apply for another schools? Oh one more question, they asked me what was my weaknesses and how I dealt with them and turned them to be to my advantage.

What I remember, first they started with an opening statement and then tell us about yourself. What defines a good pharmacist / characteristic of a good pharmacist, what are health disparities facing this nation, have you applied to another schools/why, what volunteering activities you have been involved in and if I had any questions. I do not remember the rest, but I would suggest to google pharmacy interview questions and practice them and it will be exactly the same. It was nothing out of ordinary. It was straight forward. However, the setting was scary lol. They had me sit in the middle and they were typing while I was talking. Kinda intimidating. Good luck. Are you practicing? Did you apply for another schools? Oh one more question, they asked me what was my weaknesses and how I dealt with them and turned them to be to my advantage.
Yes I have been practicing. Yes, I am also apply to South University. Are you a transfer student? How long was the interview exactly ?

Yes I have been practicing. Yes, I am also apply to South University. Are you a transfer student? How long was the interview exactly ?
I am a transfer student, Yes. The interview was about 30 minutes. I did not ask them about when I would hear back from you because I thought it was unprofessional to do so, so I would not advice on that.

I am a transfer student, Yes. The interview was about 30 minutes. I did not ask them about when I would hear back from you because I thought it was unprofessional to do so, so I would not advice on that.
They asked scenario type of questions? I practiced a good amount of those

They asked scenario type of questions? I practiced a good amount of those
No they did not ask any of that? It was more focused on that makes a good pharmacist. Honestly, the questions were not out of the ordinary. You will do great since you have been practicing. Wish you the best of luck and tell us how you feel you did when you are done. Good luck tomorrow!

No they did not ask any of that? It was more focused on that makes a good pharmacist. Honestly, the questions were not out of the ordinary. You will do great since you have been practicing. Wish you the best of luck and tell us how you feel you did when you are done. Good luck tomorrow!
I definitely will! Hopefully we hear something back in the next few weeks :)

Good Morning fellow students,

My interview when well . it was relaxed. For those of you who had already interview, do you remember who were the 2 people Interviewing you?

I wish you all luck and i hope we will be classmates soon.

My interview when well . it was relaxed. For those of you who had already interview, do you remember who were the 2 people Interviewing you?

I was interviewed by Ms. Waldo and Mr. Thorton.

My interview went well. Wasn’t as intense as I expected it to be. When do you all think we will hear something?

Students, please keep your options open and think lonnggg and hard before you come to FAMU pharmacy. If you have questions I’m here to help but I really want you guys to understand how much I and MANY of my classmates, if not all absolutely regret coming to this program. This program is full of terrible professors who don’t give a damn about students. Look at the NAPLEX scores and be mindful that FAMU pharmacy has a really bad reputation. It not the same program it was a couple of years ago so don’t listen to those pharmacist that graduated from FAMU and told you it is a great program. Currently, 80% of my class is failing multiple courses and it’s because professors don’t know how to teach and tell you to go read long chapters every night on top of the exams you have to study for, the multiple assignments you have due for each class, then they quiz you on it and you’ll be lucky if they lecture the information before the exams. They keep telling us they don’t care, they will fail us all. Students are currently getting lawyers and are trying to sue the college of pharmacy because of unfair treatment. The enrollment is so low they had to extend the application deadline. Save your time and money guys, please!

Yayy, congrats! When do you think they'll give us the results? The waiting game is killing me.

• Love
Students, please keep your options open and think lonnggg and hard before you come to FAMU pharmacy. If you have questions I’m here to help but I really want you guys to understand how much I and MANY of my classmates, if not all absolutely regret coming to this program. This program is full of terrible professors who don’t give a damn about students. Look at the NAPLEX scores and be mindful that FAMU pharmacy has a really bad reputation. It not the same program it was a couple of years ago so don’t listen to those pharmacist that graduated from FAMU and told you it is a great program. Currently, 80% of my class is failing multiple courses and it’s because professors don’t know how to teach and tell you to go read long chapters every night on top of the exams you have to study for, the multiple assignments you have due for each class, then they quiz you on it and you’ll be lucky if they lecture the information before the exams. They keep telling us they don’t care, they will fail us all. Students are currently getting lawyers and are trying to sue the college of pharmacy because of unfair treatment. The enrollment is so low they had to extend the application deadline. Save your time and money guys, please!
What year are you? And how many hours per day do you study? Are you planning to go to transfer to a different program?

My interview went well. Wasn’t as intense as I expected it to be. When do you all think we will hear something?
Hopping to her back in a week or two. Do they send denial letters, or you just have to call them and ask them if you do not hear anything by the end of April, do you know? Wish you the best of luck! Hopefully we will be classmates!!

Hopping to her back in a week or two. Do they send denial letters, or you just have to call them and ask them if you do not hear anything by the end of April, do you know? Wish you the best of luck! Hopefully we will be classmates!!

Yes they do send denial letters, but late into the summer. You will probably hear back my mid April. I am sure you will be accepted. I hope I will be accepted as well but for Crestview campus not for Tally

Yayy, congrats! When do you think they'll give us the results? The waiting game is killing me.
I hope by mid April. I am basing this to the people that did interviews last year in the same dates and when they received their approval. Where did you apply Tally or Crestview?

I applied for the Tally campus. My target date is Easter.

Yes they do send denial letters, but late into the summer. You will probably hear back my mid April. I am sure you will be accepted. I hope I will be accepted as well but for Crestview campus not for Tally

Trust me when I tell you, you don’t want to go to Crestview. The school does a really bad job of keeping Crestview involved During class and the system is always having problems during lectures.

Since they extended the application due date, does that mean we will have to wait longer to hear back regraded acceptance or denial?

Trust me when I tell you, you don’t want to go to Crestview. The school does a really bad job of keeping Crestview involved During class and the system is always having problems during lectures.
I have no choice.

Pre-Pharmacy students started receiving their acceptances yesterday.
How do you know? I called the Student service office, and she said to hang on there because there is no letter is being sent yet. I think I called last Friday, few days ago.

Hello everyone. Glad I found this thread! I just check my email and I got my acceptance to the Crestview Campus! I’m a transfer student from Albany State University

Reactions: 1 users