WW: Mysterious Planet Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can talk again! Good job with nyanko guys. It sounds like she isn't out of this game though and may be spreading her vampness.

Ok so I had the snowy owl not last night but the night before. It allowed me to ask a yes or no question to the mods and then be silenced for a day/night. I asked if there was at least one live wolf in Keb Desert. Their answer was no so Keb Desert is cleared.

I don't know who moved me. I figured it was varz because he said that they were all alone without a leader a few cycles ago. Anyways, it looks like a possible conversion so at this point I guess my info is useless which makes me sad since I have had it for a day/night and couldn't do anything with it.

Members don't see this ad.

I hit sheepdog with the boomerang thing..why? I don't know, I thought it might give some kind of information...perhaps it was stupid, anyway, they are probably silenced now.

Sheep and Packen are the 2 I am most worried about. I am going to do a podcast that my friends and I do every Thursday, so I won't be checking in as much as normal. I may not get back before the lynch deadline, so for now, I am going with Lynch Packen unless something comes up about their role that can clear them of any suspicion. I'll do my best to get back on before the deadline.

I can talk again! Good job with nyanko guys. It sounds like she isn't out of this game though and may be spreading her vampness.

Ok so I had the snowy owl not last night but the night before. It allowed me to ask a yes or no question to the mods and then be silenced for a day/night. I asked if there was at least one live wolf in Keb Desert. Their answer was no so Keb Desert is cleared.

I don't know who moved me. I figured it was varz because he said that they were all alone without a leader a few cycles ago. Anyways, it looks like a possible conversion so at this point I guess my info is useless which makes me sad since I have had it for a day/night and couldn't do anything with it.

Ok so as of Night 16 everyone in Keb Desert was clear...

Can we lynch nyanko again to kill her???? or is there another way to kill her?

I had the blood grass last night which made me invisible - I asked the mods if I was safe from attacks & what not and they said I was completely invisible.

So a possible conversion last night and then if there are any other wolves left it would have to be someone not in Keb Desert.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking it's Packen because of SOV's role getting stolen when she said she tried to steal cuit's.

I'm thinking it's Packen because of SOV's role getting stolen when she said she tried to steal cuit's.

She is high on my list... because of that - seeing as there is no one else who can steal roles - so I call BS. And also her voting patterns are off. That is why I voted for her last round.

So I can finally speak about things other than hallucinations. FWIW, the mods said I could only talk about hallucinations, I don't actually know anything about a vampire slayer role. Although it would be cool.

Not sure if you guys picked up on it, but I told everyone my role name ages ago when first asked. My name is Wild Elf. Actually, the way the mods phrased it was that I am a Wild Elf, a neutral character.

decided to make a suspicion list just for kicks.

Most suspicious: wildcat, nyanko, packen, sheepdog
not sure: devyn,
confused: trematode
less suspicious: zany, emiloo, varz
not suspicioius: lissarae, SOV

Why not suspicious of lissarae? I have been grouped with her the most of probably any player I have played with, and we can get suspicious of each other, but not at all this game. she is still sharing and strategizing like crazy like normal.

I don't know what has made me so suspicious. I have been honest about EVERYTHING every step of the way in this game. I have even been more trusting than I normally am, by telling all of the other 3 leaders pretty soon what my role is. I am still upset that this has led to it being publicly posted when only 2 living people knew - Lissa and SD, and I can only guess which person told SOV for him to announce to the everyone. Yeah, slightly bitter and suspicious about that. The only reason I believe I am still alive is because you have cast so many suspicions on me. Trust me, when I was a wolf in the last game, the last people we wanted to kill were the ones on the top of the suspicion lists.

I have NEVER lied about my role (like others). I have KNOWN important roles and never shared this information publicly. I have been HONEST about everything I have done. One other thing to share. I have only successfully stolen ONE role and that person never mentioned it was stolen on the thread. My original role PM from the mods said that the person from whom I stole would be notified when they tried to use their role. This did not imply immediately. I assume that it was "returned" before they needed or tried to use it. This makes me more suspicious of whatever happened with SOV.

I don't have much to add beside what I just said in the previous post, but I have done nothing suspicious! I have constantly voted for wolves when I could and have been completely honest to you and the other leaders.

I have no idea what happened that night but here is what I know:
- when I successfully stole another role, they were not told, at least not immediately, b/c they never posted about it unlike SOV.
- YOU, SnS and SD were the ONLY ones to know what I was doing that night, and you and SOV seem very "buddy-buddy"

Maybe this is some elaborate joke, but I have been upfront with everything and you have been sneaking around telling my role to someone who then gets his role stolen, but nothing happens then except some dramatic flare-up on the thread? It all seems a little fishy to me and a great way for the wolves to get rid of one of the few people who can actually find out roles in this game. Oh, and surprise, surprise, pushing for this lynch right before a swamp cycle, which Lissa knows is when I can perform my role.

lynch lissa

So I can finally speak about things other than hallucinations. FWIW, the mods said I could only talk about hallucinations, I don't actually know anything about a vampire slayer role. Although it would be cool.

Not sure if you guys picked up on it, but I told everyone my role name ages ago when first asked. My name is Wild Elf. Actually, the way the mods phrased it was that I am a Wild Elf, a neutral character.

I don't know what has made me so suspicious. I have been honest about EVERYTHING every step of the way in this game. I have even been more trusting than I normally am, by telling all of the other 3 leaders pretty soon what my role is. I am still upset that this has led to it being publicly posted when only 2 living people knew - Lissa and SD, and I can only guess which person told SOV for him to announce to the everyone. Yeah, slightly bitter and suspicious about that. The only reason I believe I am still alive is because you have cast so many suspicions on me. Trust me, when I was a wolf in the last game, the last people we wanted to kill were the ones on the top of the suspicion lists.

I have NEVER lied about my role (like others). I have KNOWN important roles and never shared this information publicly. I have been HONEST about everything I have done. One other thing to share. I have only successfully stolen ONE role and that person never mentioned it was stolen on the thread. My original role PM from the mods said that the person from whom I stole would be notified when they tried to use their role. This did not imply immediately. I assume that it was "returned" before they needed or tried to use it. This makes me more suspicious of whatever happened with SOV.
Yeah I told SOV about your role because you said you stole cuit's. When SOV said his role was stolen I messaged him saying well that's weird because she wasn't supposed to steal your role. I'm not the only one that felt like you were lying. You were left out of some leader PMs because some of us were suspicious of you.

Is the person whose role you successfully stole still alive?

Yeah I told SOV about your role because you said you stole cuit's. When SOV said his role was stolen I messaged him saying well that's weird because she wasn't supposed to steal your role. I'm not the only one that felt like you were lying. You were left out of some leader PMs because some of us were suspicious of you.

Is the person whose role you successfully stole still alive?

Yes.

Just went to look exactly when. It was night 7.

Maybe this is some elaborate joke, but I have been upfront with everything and you have been sneaking around telling my role to someone who then gets his role stolen, but nothing happens then except some dramatic flare-up on the thread? It all seems a little fishy to me and a great way for the wolves to get rid of one of the few people who can actually find out roles in this game. Oh, and surprise, surprise, pushing for this lynch right before a swamp cycle, which Lissa knows is when I can perform my role.

lynch lissa

Everyone knows when you can perform your role, not just me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then what is the harm in telling us whose role you stole, and what you did with it.

I mean, we know everyone's role now. Unless that person is lying, or you did something particularly suspicious.

:thumbup:

Wait, how many swamp nights have we had?

Yow truck just arrived for my broken down car. Will respond to all questions, but this is a RL priority. Sorry.

So a possible conversion last night and then if there are any other wolves left it would have to be someone not in Keb Desert.
I protected lissarae's group last night with the unicorn. I wanted to make sure she lived through the night...

I don't think there was a conversion. I think the killing (now that vampy is 1/2 dead) is confined to desert time.

Also, I asked the moderator how the garlic shows up and she said "when there is snow on the planet", not very useful stuff I know (I was originally questioning nyanko's character's validity, but that was kind of moot).

I am guessing 1 or 2 conversions, maybe all now desert killers?
Still uncertain about wildcatj as they only desert creature left.

Withholding my vote to get more info from Packen.

I am happy I was able to back off on Trematode. Sorry Trem.
And dev.

Yeah .Desert.

Mods, can you confirm for me that there have been 4 swamp nights not including the upcoming swamp night cycle?

My reading of the cleared list:

recent Cleared: Trem, Dev, SOV, Varz, lissa, zany

Earlier cleared: emiloo

Uncleared recently: sheepie , wildcat, packen.

I think 2 of the 3 uncleared are malevolent.

I have long had suspicions of a council member being converted, and I still trust sheepie very little. He is a much better player than this. And he is a smart wily wolf.

Wildcat, one of the earliest to be trusted by investigation, and a seer, an obvious conversion target.

Packen seems the least likely to choose to convert, but if Packen tried to steal a wolfie role, could have been auto-converted.. That is the way it is in most games with role stealing.

I am not sure yet.

Here is the final list.
SOV - forest - Phoenix - rebirth/ item investigation
Lissarae - swamp - buru-randomly block one player
trematode - tundra - Agloolik - follow/protect
Emiloo - tundra - Ceridwen - send spell
Varz - tundra. Winalingis - resurrecion
devyn - swamp - singa - protective
packen - swamp - Wild Elf - role stealer.
Sheepdog - forest - simurgh - talk to LIS
wildcat - desert - abita - investigate
zany - tundra - safat - crazy eggs

nyanko - tundra - Ijirait - block/silence Trampy, vampy, Moroii the Vampire has (sort of?) died

One more point on no kills last night.

only 2 forest creatures left. SOV and sheepdog.

Sheepdog was boomeranged....

If sheepie was malevolent, perhaps that is why no kills.
This just got me in trouble last game, but it's a swamp now, so I will focus on the swamp things....

devyn, packen, and lissarae.
Devyn and Lissarae are clean.

I feel like if we lynch packen and we are right, no kills, and if we are wrong, hopefully no kills! Since packen is still suspicious....

And because I don't know why packen is so bent out of shape out of us knowing her role... we know EVERYONES roles..

Lynch Packen

but I still got my eye on sheepie.

OK, back. Dumb girl car move. Car wouldn't start earlier today, thought it had serious problems since radio and lights went on, but made weird noise and wouldn't turn over. Tow truck guy took one look and said - it's your battery. Charging in driveway right now, figure typing out my defense will give it long enough. Then off to the store to buy a new battery:rolleyes:

Everyone knows when you can perform your role, not just me.

I went after you because I saw you go after me, but I think I mixed up your post and Vars when I read who had lynched me right before hitting "reply". But still my point remains, it is odd to go after me right before I can actually be of use.

Then what is the harm in telling us whose role you stole, and what you did with it.

I mean, we know everyone's role now. Unless that person is lying, or you did something particularly suspicious.

Here is my list:

Night 1: Steal WTF’s role – blocked by loud noise

Night 7: Steal SD’s role – told that for the night I was Simurgh, messenger for the Egyptian Sphinx. Also told that I did not gain any ability because the Sphinx no longer exists.

Night 9: Steal PP’s role – blocked because I was too slow and target evaded my grasp

Night 13: Steal Cuit’s role – blocked/Failed because my power was not strong enough (have no idea what that means, I assume it had something to do with Katie8mate, but could be b/c she was a wolf – although mod response was different from the others)

So as you can see, SD's was the only one I successfully stole. I tried to tell him I trusted him (without sounding creepy) when I became a leader, but he didn't respond. I assume if he had his role stolen and received a PM like SOV, he would have said something on the thread. Although maybe if none of the other leaders trusted me, that's why he was reluctant to respond.

I know my role is suspect, but it is what it is. I don't know how else to defend myself to you guys. When you lynch me and find out I am just a neutral Elf, hopefully it wont be too late to look at the people who want me dead so badly. I would also bet money on the fact that there is a wolf hiding out there with some type of cloak or avoidance role - I know devyn just mentioned it, but who has had it before her? I know they are sitting back there laughing at us right now.

And because I don't know why packen is so bent out of shape out of us knowing her role... we know EVERYONES roles..

I was only bent out of shape about you posting it because up until that point I had only told the leaders, one of whom was dead. NO ONE else knew my role at that point, at least that I knew and I didn't want to become wolf bait. Turns out, being suspicious is better than having protection :rolleyes: Even when you came out and said your role was stolen I only went to the leaders with my info and didn't post on the thread.

Finally Nyanko's dead. Thanking the wolves for killing me my BUTT

Ya know you play nicer when you are a wolf?? Lol must be bc you are happy not to be a villager

I'm going to go watch Magic Mike :D For now,

lynch packen

I'm going to go watch Magic Mike :D For now,

lynch packen

Sigh, you guys are making a mistake and I don't know how to defend myself any better than I have. Someone out there is lying. Just pointing this out now because I don't think I can get back on before the deadline and it's not looking so great for me. But when I come up innocent I hope the rest of the villagers benevolent or neutral, take the following into consideration: SOV has lied a few times about his role, what he can do and, who knows, maybe he is lying about having his role stolen to set me up. Lissa may have told him innocently or not what I could do and he ran with it. Which could also mean that he is lying about being able to be converted. What if his phoenix role was a one time thing? I am less likely to believe Lissa is wolf now. I think she really trusted SOV, but I am throwing this vote out there, basically because I think I am being set up and the rest of you are blindly following.

unlynch Lissa
lynch SOV

crap I type slow. Always 20 new posts by the time I hit submit.

I still don't know what to think about you...sigh again.

Hopefully for last time I will try to explain about my actions in the game ...

At the beginning of the game, long before this all occurred, I confided my role completely to Lissarae.
1) I could not be lynched
2) I could not be converted
3) I had an investigatory power, although I cannot directly see if people are wolves or what their role is (just info about a role or item).

After MrsSOV died, partly because I thought I might be targeted by wolves and partly to be a pain in the *ss, I said I couldn't be killed by wolves. I thought this would keep them off my back for a while. And it worked. I told LissaRae my thinking, and she knew it was a lie that wouldn't hurt the villagers, but would affect the wolves.

I never intended to talk about my lynching ability.

But then I was getting lynched, and I really didn't want to have to let the wolves know I couldn't be lynched b/c then they might not be believing my lie. But LissaRae revealed that aspect of my role without my knowledge, because she was trying to not waste a lynch. (not upset with her, I would have been lynched anyway).

But still the wolves bought it. And I was happy. Until my role was stolen. Now I figured the wolves stole it and now they knew that I was able to be killed at night. So I announced the truth on the thread looking for (and getting ) protection.

From this point of view, it is clear why I lied, why I tried to stop myself from getting lynched, why I announced my role had been stolen.

Other than that, I have saved several people (LIS for sure, Lissarae I believe once, my group once), led the charge on a couple of wolves (most directly heylodeb, and cuitl vs emiloo thru info), directed lissarae to clear my desert which cleared dev and trem.

I am the safest person in the game because I can't be converted a fact I disclosed as a villager (proven subsequently) to lissarae, long before conversion was a topic of conversation, before it could have even occurred.

Not sure what else I can say... i just find it distracting to continue to vote for me when I can't be lynched. And hopefully I will continue to be protected so the wolves can't remove me from the game.

Still trying to think this through...

Ok so if packen says she did not steal SOV's role who did?

and then packen said a person would not know their role was taken unless they tried to use it, so what part of your role did you try to use SOV? Just trying to figure this out.

Sheeps - did you know your role was stolen?

Still trying to think this through...

Ok so if packen says she did not steal SOV's role who did?

and then packen said a person would not know their role was taken unless they tried to use it, so what part of your role did you try to use SOV? Just trying to figure this out.

Sheeps - did you know your role was stolen?
i got a message saying my role was stolen and that I could be lynched. Didn't mention the other parts of role.

I guess it is possible that since Sheepie had no role, or was already a wolf, there was nothing to say. Because if you steal nothing, how would you know?

I was freaking silenced, again (and then took an epic nap :)). You'd think I would learn not to follow those damn will o wisps! So I'm not really sure what I've done to earn anyone's suspicions. I know it looks bad that we had three kills the other night when it was desert, but really, it doesn't make sense that I could do all 3 (or at least the two that weren't from the scorpion). I know I haven't found any wolves as seer, but it's kind of hard when I've only been able to investigate a few nights this whole game. I'm happy to provide any defense you guys need, but if you look back at my voting history I haven't voted in a wolfish way.
Now I personally think the whole packen thing is fishy. There hasn't been anyone else coming forward to say that they stole SOV's role, so unless SOV is the one lying, I think Packen is FOS. I don't think SOV is the one lying though, because he was willing to lynch himself last round to give us some more time to figure this out. At this point in the game, we really CANNOT afford to lose any more villagers, I think what we have with packen (the whole catching in a lie thing) is a lot more to go on than lynching me. But that could be because I know I'm not a wolf sooo....
On that note Lynch Packen. God I really hope I'm right on this...

Current Lynch Tally:

Packen 3 (varz, lissa, wildcat)

sheeps 1 (SOV)

SOV 1 (Packen)

wildcat 2 (devyn, trem)

Waffles: 3

You have until 7 PM PDT. That's less than 1.5 hours.

Dun dun. Dun dun. Dun dun dun dun dun dun duuuduuuuuundundundundun

(Pink Panther if it wan't blatantly obvious)

Not sure who to vote for right now...

Did anyone find anything about the Abita role online? Anytime I search for it, there is nothing about any kind of creature.

Did anyone find anything about the Abita role online? Anytime I search for it, there is nothing about any kind of creature.

The closest thing I got was a mythical dragon that breathes fire. Either way, unless I spelled it wrong, its suspicious in my book. For now, lynch wildcatj I will happily change my vote if something better comes up.

The only thing I can find is that it is a place linked to a Honey Island Swamp Monster. Hmmm...you know what, unlynch packen, lynch wildcat