Who are your favorite SDNers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some thoughts from cruising altitude:

1) as noted above, we don't specifically comment on reasons for administrative actions;
2) however, I would tell you if a user claimed to be someone/something they weren't (which is a violation of the TOS) and was intent on abusing the trust of our user base. NJBMD falls into this category; she was not a surgical attending or resident (sorry @VisionaryTics ). These users are usually removed from the site (but it can take years to find out in some cases). I won't reveal specifics but I think the users deserve to know if they are being taken advantage of.
3) I will not however, reveal information I know about another user who is an active member, especially if that information was something either obtained directly from the user or during my duties as an admin
4) it is not nice or fair to talk about DV while he cannot defend himself; I will state however, that I am not aware of him ever claiming a certain status. One of you is right in your guesses about him; many are wrong.
5) SDN greatest trolls would be kinetic (for persistence over several years, several user names), misterioso (for the lulz), njbmd (for the length of the deceit; many of us were sad to find that one out)
6) lets return to the original topic of the thread

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mods don't discuss temporary or permanent bans. In any case, this isn't the "Is DV the Scooby Doo villain of SDN" thread, it's the "Who are your favorite SDNers" thread, so we should probably get back on topic before it gets locked.

I don't mind admitting that if it turned out that DV is an elaborate troll job that it would also make him one of my favorite SDNers.

1) as noted above, we don't specifically comment on reasons for administrative actions;
2) however, I would tell you if a user claimed to be someone/something they weren't (which is a violation of the TOS) and was intent on abusing the trust of our user base. NJBMD falls into this category; she was not a surgical attending or resident (sorry @VisionaryTics ). These users are usually removed from the site (but it can take years to find out in some cases).
3) I will not however, reveal information I know about another user who is an active member, especially if that information was something either obtained directly from the user or during my duties as an admin
4) it is not nice or fair to talk about DV while he cannot defend himself; I will state however, that I am not aware of him ever claiming a certain status. One of you is right in your guesses about him; many are wrong.
5) SDN greatest trolls would be kinetic (for persistence over several years, several user names), misterioso (for the lulz), njbmd (for the length of the deceit; many of us were sad to find that one out)

This is like the juiciest morsel ever.

And I had no idea njbmd was a fake. How odd. Why would you create a fake persona of someone helpful and level-headed?

Reactions: 1 users
Reading between the lines here, did DV never actually claim to be a Derm resident? Oh and more favorite posters
@KittenKiller for name only, it's awful

Reactions: 11 users
This is like the juiciest morsel ever.

And I had no idea njbmd was a fake. How odd. Why would you create a fake persona of someone helpful and level-headed?
Without revealing too much, I will just say that she was not a total fake at all; it's just that she wasn't doing what she claimed to be doing and not where she claimed to be doing it. Perhaps I shouldn't have labeled her as a troll since her intentions were good.

I suspect she was a genuinely helpful person and perhaps felt that if she were honest about what was going on, that she wouldn't have been accepted (ie, I'll exaggerate credentials so as to be taken seriously). Frankly she didn't need to do it. I've forgotten details by now other than many of us were disappointed.

Reactions: 1 user
@jdh71
@bold text (aka bteezy) <3 [riperino ;(]
@TheProwler [riperino]
@tabascosauce
@pandabearmd [riperino]
@sideways [sadly banned, but the funniest person I've ever read on this site by far - best one-liners this site has ever seen]
Kaustikos
@DarlingNikki [before she became pharmacist know-it-all, jk love you goldie]
@SDN9876

@sideways (riperino) one-liners I still could find (there are even better ones out there):

“I remember a few weeks into MS1 a colleague of mine described biochem as "awesome." My sphincter instantly tightened and I thought to myself, 'what in the hell am I doing here?'”

“Strapping a dildo to your forehead would be less problematic than not wearing a tie to your med school interview.”

“It looks like Jared Loughner has an internet connection.”

“The kid's screen-name is an antibiotic and he has a stethoscope as an avatar. I think we know the type.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It's possible that DSM will start using "SDN addiction" in the next edition. I wonder what the treatment and symptoms from withdrawal would be.
that reminds me that one time where argued that posting on internet forum was major criteria for personality disorders according to DSM. Lol some user said, hey you cant diagnose with just only one criterium, or fakes ones i would add, aha ah ah ah ha ha

Tbh, I think dermie is a fp resident but he has dermatological hallucinations about his career. You cant explain the free time.

2) however, I would tell you if a user claimed to be someone/something they weren't (which is a violation of the TOS) and was intent on abusing the trust of our user base. NJBMD falls into this category; she was not a surgical attending or resident (sorry @VisionaryTics ). These users are usually removed from the site (but it can take years to find out in some cases). I won't reveal specifics but I think the users deserve to know if they are being taken advantage of.
How do you figure out that they are not who they claim to be?

Members don't see this ad :)
i liked more when southern was IM, we woud be like, lol look at this guy, he must be a master at prescribing furosemide, then he'd be like nah nah, take your shirt off we gonna do a bowel ressection.

yeah it is me, i think he is not fat, he doesnt have the fat personality

I'm not aware of DermViser specifically claiming to be a Derm resident, although I think we all inferred it. He/she did make mention of wanting to go into pediatric dermatology, but that doesn't mean he/she was a Derm resident, or even a resident at all.

I will say, DV had a habit of using one specific institution as an example when it came to all aspects of medical school, which leads me to believe that he/she either went there or knows people very close to him/her who did.

@jdh71
@TheProwler [riperino]
@tabascosauce
@pandabearmd [riperino]
@sideways [sadly banned, but the funniest person I've ever read on this site by far - best one-liners this site has ever seen]
Kaustikos
@SDN9876

@sideways (riperino) one-liners I still could find (there are even better ones out there):

“I remember a few weeks into MS1 a colleague of mine described biochem as "awesome." My sphincter instantly tightened and I thought to myself, 'what in the hell am I doing here?'”

“Strapping a dildo to your forehead would be less problematic than not wearing a tie to your med school interview.”

“The kid's screen-name is an antibiotic and he has a stethoscope as an avatar. I think we know the type.”
hahahah I remember that dildo thing I was dying. His one-liners were fantastic

@jdh71
@TheProwler [riperino]
@tabascosauce
@pandabearmd [riperino]
Kaustikos
@SDN9876

That last quote... I think i remember it from a doxycycline(?) diss where he claimed to know better than his sister's psych about treatment...cringeworthy thread.

He's not the biggest troll in SDN history

I go back in forth on whether that honor goes to MedPR, streampaw, or Arkangeloid

MedPR was great though, so I don't know if I would consider him a troll or not.

But now, lets get back to business of this thread. At 6 pages, surely I must've been mentioned by now
Ctrl + F "Silent Soldier" .....

1sjy9w.jpg

I'm also in the "don't-understand-the-appeal" of DermViser camp. The guy posts nonstop, can't figure out how to organize his thoughts into one post so each thread gets polluted with stream-of-consciousness rants for 9 posts in a row (personally, I've taken to just scrolling past his posts), and more often than not, he has ZERO idea what he's talking about (for reference: see any post he's ever made in the surgical sub forums). He's enough to turn someone off the idea of pursuing derm alone (only half kidding).

Reading between the lines here, did DV never actually claim to be a Derm resident?

Yep. If you look at his oldest posts, his story does add up. I'm pretty sure he finished residency in 2014, the year almost all of his posts were made. Here he specifically claims to be a derm resident, prior to July (I assume most people finish around then):
DermViser said:
I am a Dermatology resident.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-that-much-worse.1053619/page-3#post-14963758

MedPR was great though, so I don't know if I would consider him a troll or not.

But now, lets get back to business of this thread. At 6 pages, surely I must've been mentioned by now
Ctrl + F "Silent Soldier" .....

1sjy9w.jpg
Love you bro

@jdh71
@TheProwler [riperino]
@tabascosauce
@pandabearmd [riperino]
Kaustikos
@SDN9876

Finally some Kauslove.

I often imagined DV to be an elaborately researched troll job. Whenever details of med school or residency came up, he would often link websites with those specific details to provide support for his claims (some med school's physiology syllabus, a residency roster, something like that). Like he was frantically googling in a side window to figure out what he was talking about.

Also, he got into plenty of arguments where it seemed like he never had any exposure to the core clerkships or practical knowledge of medicine. Also, during some of the derm ****-flinging threads, I remember GWDS providing examples of what he does as a derm, while DV never did so. Also, we had a debate in the surgery forums about Mohs and he seemed kind of oblivious to the field.

In any case, despite what everyone else seems to say, I never enjoyed him as a poster. I felt his main focus was stirring the pot. He would argue, argue, argue and take over threads. When you argued with him and refuted him, he would move the goalposts and act like you were arguing about something else or he would dismiss your opinion because you were a med student. He took over threads with that crap routinely, and I think the last year has had 3x the number of locked threads as any other year I can remember.
I called this a year ago, didn't I @The Buff OP?

How do you know he finished residency though?

If you look back to his first posts, he posted after matching in the spring of 2010, meaning he would have started in the summer of 2010. The fact that he finished in 2014 would explain why he was able to post as much as he did. It just seems like the most likely scenario and all of the dates add up.

where is my name goddamnit

Reactions: 2 users
I like how you guys are going all private inspector about this derm stuff

Reactions: 3 users
If you look back to his first posts, he posted after matching in the spring of 2010, meaning he would have started in the summer of 2010. The fact that he finished in 2014 would explain why he was able to post as much as he did. It just seems like the most likely scenario and all of the dates add up.

You are just a medical student, what do you know about DV? lol Dude was kind of amusing although he hijacked a lot of threads.

Love you. Just made my New Year's eve while on call in L&D.

These women need to learn how to laber faster so I can go home.
Do you mean labor? Anyone who misspells words is a fool.

In homage to DV.

Love you. Just made my New Year's eve while on call in L&D.

These women need to learn how to laber faster so I can go home.

That's why I hung out in the labor OR scrubbing on c-sections.

First vaginal birth was like 3 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that