Who are your favorite SDNers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's why I hung out in the labor OR scrubbing on c-sections.

First vaginal birth was like 3 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that
Wonder how the mother feels hahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mean labor? Anyone who misspells words is a fool.

In homage to DV.

Yup, I will blame it on the tablet and not fix it just because.

That's why I hung out in the labor OR scrubbing on c-sections.

First vaginal birth was like 3 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that

The last woman stalled, so we went to OR and cut it out. Or I should say, my attending cut it out. Now I am home. Weeee!

Also there's nothing like the smell of BioGels lingering on your hands on New Years Eve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Yup, I will blame it on the tablet and not fix it just because.

The last woman stalled, so we went to OR and cut it out. Or I should say, my attending cut it out. Now I am home. Weeee!

Also there's nothing like the smell of BioGels lingering on your hands on New Years Eve.

Oh my god, I am getting a surrogate. I can't. I just can't.

Members don't see this ad :)
My name has been sullied by being mentioned in this forum?
I must go and bathe.

But thanks for the call out. I will go back and grump in my hole now.

Reactions: 4 users
arkangeloid
tumblr_m3az0ljJj51r0s04ro1_500.gif

Reactions: 5 users
I'm also in the "don't-understand-the-appeal" of DermViser camp. The guy posts nonstop, can't figure out how to organize his thoughts into one post so each thread gets polluted with stream-of-consciousness rants for 9 posts in a row (personally, I've taken to just scrolling past his posts), and more often than not, he has ZERO idea what he's talking about (for reference: see any post he's ever made in the surgical sub forums). He's enough to turn someone off the idea of pursuing derm alone (only half kidding).

Sounds like someone is jealous

Did you have any idea how bloody it would be?
First witnessed vag delivery was by 400lb mother, fluid with meconium that had to be ruptured. It wasn't the blood...it was watching the mec come out...

Ah gotcha. Why the meconium there?

It's not supposed to be there. Meconium can leak into the amniotic fluid in times of fetal distress or hypoxia. Then the baby can aspirate it --> meconium aspiration syndrome.

Thanks for the atypical birth and medical education.

Good way to spend the New Year, no? :laugh: Everyone in my house is asleep and literally none of my friends are in town so I'm bored.

Ah gotcha. Why the meconium there? Thanks for the atypical birth and medical education.
It's not supposed to be. It's fetal stool that's usually stored in the intestines until after birth. Distress to the baby, or fetal maturation defects can cause it to be expelled in the fluid filled membrane surrounding the creature in utero.

This amniotic sac is ruptured during labor (spontaneously; "water breaking") or artificially by a physician or midwife with an amino hook prior to delivery. From my limited understanding and experience obese women tend to have longer and more difficult deliveries and this puts more stress on the baby. I haven't looked into it, but I'd guess mec is more common in this population?

Anyway, the meconium is not typical stool. It looks like a blackish green tar because of the type of waste generated in utero. When the membrane was ruptured this substance slowly oozed from the birth canal to vaginal opening in an interesting sight.

It's not supposed to be. It's fetal stool that's usually stored in the intestines until after birth. Distress to the baby, or fetal maturation defects can cause it to be expelled in the fluid filled membrane surrounding the creature in utero.

This amniotic sac is ruptured during labor (spontaneously; "water breaking") or artificially by a physician or midwife with an amino hook prior to delivery. From my limited understanding and experience obese women tend to have longer and more difficult deliveries and this puts more stress on the baby. I haven't looked into it, but I'd guess mec is more common in this population?

Anyway, the meconium is not typical stool. It looks like a blackish green tar because of the type of waste generated in utero. When the membrane was ruptured this substance slowly oozed from the birth canal to vaginal opening in an interesting sight.

Thanks for the explanation, my singular human birth experience involved a rupturing of membranes over a rug in my living room and only the first few diapers being filled with meconium. So although somewhat familiar, only with one way it can go down.

Without revealing too much, I will just say that she was not a total fake at all; it's just that she wasn't doing what she claimed to be doing and not where she claimed to be doing it. Perhaps I shouldn't have labeled her as a troll since her intentions were good.

I suspect she was a genuinely helpful person and perhaps felt that if she were honest about what was going on, that she wouldn't have been accepted (ie, I'll exaggerate credentials so as to be taken seriously). Frankly she didn't need to do it. I've forgotten details by now other than many of us were disappointed.

:eek:

Wow. I'd always wondered why she just seemed to disappear of the map.

While watching my first delivery:
nope.gif

I'd rather hang with the baby when he/she gets out.

lets be politically correct and say it, since gender is just a social construct now. it's clearly inappropriate for parents to assign the child a gender based on genitalia

who is njbmd

and wtf dermviser isn't a dermatology resident?

Reactions: 1 users
Holy Crap! NJBMD was a fraud?! What possesses people to lie with such vigor and persistence.

If there was a donation status to donate to a crack internet PI to expose trolls I'd be lifetime status.

She was a long time poster from basically the start of the site until 2010-ish. She claimed to be a non-trad surgery resident and then eventually a vascular fellow and finally an attending. She also was public about where she was training.

Except, apparently, it was a fabrication.

Which part? All of it? Because I read some of her posts and it's not easy to pretend to be a doctor for that long. I'm currently reading her blog

But keep in mind she did put a lot of time and thought into posts that were intended to be helpful and constructive. That's not really trollish behavior.

Yeah I read her post but it wasn't very specific. So it seems that she's probably is a surgeon, just not where she says she trained

But keep in mind she did put a lot of time and thought into posts that were intended to be helpful and constructive. That's not really trollish behavior.

But that's even creepier.

Also, later term infants tend to be at higher risk due to a greater amount of meconium accumulation.

Thanks for the explanation, my singular human birth experience involved a rupturing of membranes over a rug in my living room and only the first few diapers being filled with meconium. So although somewhat familiar, only with one way it can go down.
Meconium in the amniotic fluid is quite common. Aspiration is where it becomes a problem

I think I just ruptured my meconium.