Who are your favorite SDNers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Plot twist: you and DermViser are the same person

Plot twist twist: DermViser takes his little vacation to think about how much time he's spent on SDN the last couple of years and decides that maybe pursuing women is a better use of his energy, subsequently finds a girlfriend, never returns here, and lives happily ever after.

Reactions: 12 users
Plot twist twist: DermViser takes his little vacation to think about how much time he's spent on SDN the last couple of years and decides that maybe pursuing women is a better use of his energy, subsequently finds a girlfriend, never returns here, and lives happily ever after.
Plot twist: 18 years later, a new pre-med arises under the name Son of DV and no one knows who he is. He subsequently gets more likes than anyone in the history of the forums before being temporarily banned four years later for hazy reasons that no one quite understands. He subsequently finds a girlfriend, and the cycle continues as the prophecy has foretold.

Reactions: 12 users
Plot twist: 18 years later, a new pre-med arises under the name Son of DV and no one knows who he is. He subsequently gets more likes than anyone in the history of the forums before being temporarily banned four years later for hazy reasons that no one quite understands. He subsequently finds a girlfriend, and the cycle continues as the prophecy has foretold.
My head just exploded

Reactions: 5 users
we need someone to wife up dermvi asap. the gods will be mad if proprecy is disrupted.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's pretty obvious @Mad Jack baited dv into getting banned so he could replace him as the user with the most likes.

dpesk5.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is hilarious. I thought I remember reading DV had a kid tho?

I've read thousands of dv posts, or roughly 1% of his post count, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a kid.
Agreed.

I've read many, if not most of his posts and had personal communications with him. That coupled with my knowledge of who he is in real life also makes me doubt the existence of a child.

Reactions: 2 users
I trust you guys but I swear I saw him write "as a father" one time. Like hell I'm searching through his leagues of posts to find it though.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the replies so far. I figured I should make a list to since I'm the OP. I really like everyone on the forum but I do have some favorites who are the following users:

@Mad Jack (realy insightful guy, probably my very favorite SDNer)
@SouthernSurgeon (he just has a buch of awesome things to say all the time)
@Winged Scapula (realy insightful and cool woman)
@GuyWhoDoesStuff (very witty and funny guy)
@RJGOP (he starts a lot of political flame wars but can always back up what he says, also he can be very funny)
@touchpause13 (insightful woman who always speaks up. She's also fun and I always like reading her posts)

...and probably a buch others I can't think of:)

Reactions: 4 users
I trust you guys but I swear I saw him write "as a father" one time. Like hell I'm searching through his leagues of posts to find it though.
Really? Maybe he was being facetious.

I second this. I also remember reading a post where he referenced his child when arguing with OBP once.

I like everyone on SDN, aside from maybe dave89, whom I don't dislike but don't enjoy in the least. My favorite people are the League of Awesome, obviously (you know who you are). The mods, the advisors, and all the people I mentioned in the prior thread of this nature are also pretty alright in my book.

Why do you not like Dave? He is a very successful DO!

I find it astonishing DV hasn't reappeared yet. I mean that dude was literally everywhere.. All at once.

Really? Maybe he was being facetious.
Yeah, like distinctly remember. It was something about a young woman being treated inappropriately or abused (I know this is vague, I forget exactly what it was) and he said as a father this deeply concerned him. Definitely not a time to be facetious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, like distinctly remember. It was something about a young woman being treated inappropriately or abused (I know this vague, I forgot exactly what it was) and he said as a father this deeply concerned him. Definitely not a time to be facetious.

I wouldn't be suprised if he said something like "As a father I WOULD be deeply concerned"...he had a knack for superimposing himself into all sorts of roles and telling those who actually are in those roles how it really is.

He set me straight on engineers in the Petroleum industry once. That was neat.

Last edited:
I would like to add Orthos (where's his account?), I enjoyed his AMA thread.

I wouldn't be suprised if he said something like "As a father I WOULD be deeply concerned"...he had a knack for superimposing himself into all sorts of roles and telling those who actually are in those roles how it really is.

He set me straight on engineers in the Petroleum industry once. That was neat.

Edit: When not talking about things he knew absolutely nothing about, he could be very helpful.
You may be right. The only thing that feels sure in me is I thought EXACTLY what you just said and read the post like 12 times. And was thinking: "holy **** derm has a kid."

He was very covert about any personal details about himself.

You may be right. The only thing that feels sure in me is I thought EXACTLY what you just said and read the post like 12 times. And was thinking: "holy **** derm has a kid."

He was very covert about any personal details about himself.

The mad crush he put on display for Anasto makes me think he definitely wasn't married. I'd like to see this kid post though, that'd be a real Plot Twist.

Why do you not like Dave? He is a very successful DO!
There's plenty of successful people I would loathe to be associated with. That Dave is a physician depresses me. That he is a DO... I don't even have words for how sad that makes me. He is entitled to his opinions, but I pray he never publicly attaches them to his profession, and myself by association.

The mad crush he put on display for Anasto makes me think he definitely wasn't married. I'd like to see this kid post though, that'd be a real Plot Twist.
I'll see you....in the future

a3cffe87-a389-46a4-bbba-847cba0600f5

There's plenty of successful people I would loathe to be associated with. That Dave is a physician depresses me. That he is a DO... I don't even have words for how sad that makes me. He is entitled to his opinions, but I pray he never publicly attaches them to his profession, and myself by association.

I think he's just distraught over the fact that he accumulated so much debt at CCOM. It's just interesting how people handle student debt differently. Some people really could care less about it. He's also at Indiana for EM, which is considered the best program in the nation by many. That's something I look up to for sure, but I think those are things he doesn't really care for anymore. He's probably too busy focusing on "life"

Could DV have been the biggest and bestest non Derm Resident troll of all time?

@Winged Scapula is either drinking the good stuff tonight and having a bit of fun or is intentionally blowing our minds with these veiled revelations?

Could DV have been the biggest and bestest non Derm Resident troll of all time?

Perhaps. I never understood how he had so much time to post on here as a resident. He posted throughout the day, damn near every day. I wonder how many messages he replied to daily from googly eyed derm hopefuls asking about "a day in the life of DV" with all that free time.