Who are your favorite SDNers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lets be politically correct and say it, since gender is just a social construct now. it's clearly inappropriate for parents to assign the child a gender based on genitalia
ritter.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
lets be politically correct and say it, since gender is just a social construct now. it's clearly inappropriate for parents to assign the child a gender based on genitalia

Gender issues are trendy and could be a plus in some situations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
I was trolling. I don't think gender is a social construct
I know. But if one were to believe that gender is a social construct then it would be presumptuous to have parents assign it to their child without the child's input.

Reactions: 2 users
I think he's just distraught over the fact that he accumulated so much debt at CCOM. It's just interesting how people handle student debt differently. Some people really could care less about it. He's also at Indiana for EM, which is considered the best program in the nation by many. That's something I look up to for sure, but I think those are things he doesn't really care for anymore. He's probably too busy focusing on "life"
Wait, whaaaaa? Dave is a medical student.

Reactions: 1 user
Just so we are on the same page gender can't be determined by genitalia, sex can.

Reactions: 1 users
Meconium in the amniotic fluid is quite common. Aspiration is where it becomes a problem

I think I just ruptured my meconium.

My rug is free from green / brown stains. All hail the gods!

Meconium is fine, just keep it off my Persian prize 9x12.

I'm also in the "don't-understand-the-appeal" of DermViser camp. The guy posts nonstop, can't figure out how to organize his thoughts into one post so each thread gets polluted with stream-of-consciousness rants for 9 posts in a row (personally, I've taken to just scrolling past his posts), and more often than not, he has ZERO idea what he's talking about (for reference: see any post he's ever made in the surgical sub forums). He's enough to turn someone off the idea of pursuing derm alone (only half kidding).

@TheProwler was like the exact opposite of this. Dude would have a lot of posts, in a lot of threads that were very long and filled with controversy. His responses were no more than 1-2 sentences at most, but they were filled with insight and wisdom usually delivered in the form of dry sarcasm. Truly the most succinct and relevant individual to ever post on these here forums.

I forgot @Law2Doc. I've read many threads through just to see his specific posts on an issue.

I still can't figure out what kind of resident he is. He's been a resident here since I started posting in 2009. I guess something surgical...

Just so we are on the same page gender can't be determined by genitalia, sex can.

Most of the time, but not all of the time. ( > 0.1 % ambiguous genitalia at birth)

Oh, and you are most definitely one of my favorite SDNers :=|:-):

Reactions: 3 users
Most of the time, but not all of the time. ( > 0.1 % ambiguous genitalia at birth)

Oh, and you are most definitely one of my favorite SDNers :=|:-):
I was about too put that to but I figured that would confuse him further lol

And thank you!

@TheProwler was like the exact opposite of this. Dude would have a lot of posts, in a lot of threads that were very long and filled with controversy. His responses were no more than 1-2 sentences at most, but they were filled with insight and wisdom usually delivered in the form of dry sarcasm. Truly the most succinct and relevant individual to ever post on these here forums.

I want you to give me an honest opinion my posting habits please.

Reactions: 1 user
In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd make a fun thread.

I don't post often, however im always reading and it's fun to see the different personalities on SDN.

You can group your favorites into multiple categories or just pick one.

For me, the funniest person on SDN is guywhodoesstuff, followed by RJGOP.

I think the most insightful is Mad Jack, followed by SouthernSurgeon, etc.

I realize I'm really only exposed to the allo posters, but maybe some of you have different favs.

Your avatar and history sound familiar....

Some of you have waaaaay too much time on your hands.

I won't comment on DV as he comes off Probation today and he can resolve the controversy himself if he wishes; my personal belief is that he isn't trolling.

As for njbmd, my point wasn't that she didn't have *any* surgical training but that it wasn't exactly as she painted it. However, this was not the reason she left SDN; the latter was of her own accord. Since she is easily googleable and some of you are aware of where she said she was training, its pretty easy to look this up and come to your own conclusion. I have the advantage of knowing her full name, but this is also easily researched and solved. Thus, if you are that interested you may do your own research.

As I've said before, she was truly interested in helping and was a great asset to our site and to the many users who benefitted from her posts. I will ask that if you decide to take up the suggestion to do the research, that you NOT post the results here. Its not fair to people who can't defend themselves. Regardless of the outcome, it shouldn't tarnish what was, in her case, good information and advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Derm today:
bruce-almighty-typing-o.gif

Reactions: 11 users
He's probably fixing Russia's economy with all the free time he has now acquired.

Where art thou @CherryRedDracul
@Brain Bucket? These are two of the funniest posters.

I'm coming off two weeks of enjoying the hell out of my life. I'm trying to transition back into being a good studious med student and it is oh so difficult. It will probably take me a month.