Who are your favorite SDNers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some of you have waaaaay to much time on your hands.

I won't comment on DV as he comes off Probation today and he can resolve the controversy himself if he wishes; my personal belief is that he isn't trolling.

omg what? why was he on probation? how could you guys do that to him during the holidays??!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of you have waaaaay to much time on your hands.

I won't comment on DV as he comes off Probation today and he can resolve the controversy himself if he wishes; my personal belief is that he isn't trolling.

As for njbmd, my point wasn't that she didn't have *any* surgical training but that it wasn't exactly as she painted it. However, this was not the reason she left SDN; the latter was of her own accord. Since she is easily googleable and some of you are aware of where she said she was training, its pretty easy to look this up and come to your own conclusion. I have the advantage of knowing her full name, but this is also easily researched and solved. Thus, if you are that interested you may do your own research.

As I've said before, she was truly interested in helping and was a great asset to our site and to the many users who benefitted from her posts. I will ask that if you decide to take up the suggestion to do the research, that you NOT post the results here. Its not fair to people who can't defend themselves. Regardless of the outcome, it shouldn't tarnish what was, in her case, good information and advice.

It's vacation, all I have is free time to muck around before I have none again

Reactions: 3 users
I forgot @Law2Doc. I've read many threads through just to see his specific posts on an issue.

I still would pay actual money ( like 20 + $/month) to have access to a collaboration blog between Law2Doc and WCI

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lets be politically correct and say it, since gender is just a social construct now. it's clearly inappropriate for parents to assign the child a gender based on genitalia

Thats why I'm giving my children gender nonspecific names like Alex or Elliot and letting them choose their own sex.

Or don't choose, why not have both?

Thats why I'm giving my children gender nonspecific names like Alex or Elliot and letting them choose their own sex.

Elliot?! Where are you from?

That's clearly a name for British boys. Who dream of being dancers to shake the shackles of normalcy in their coal mining town. And maybe...a little nerdy american boy with a particular sensitivity to aliens. Who is this female elliot you speak of?

Alex?

What you mean are names like Kris. Or Pat.

If you're going jock vs the university liberal arts system, first be accurate. That always cuts a leg out. Secondly, in reference to PL above. Don't sound like a dumb jock by saying feminism as if it's one monolithic thing. With a meeting every thursday night at 7.

Let;s step it up dudes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Hell the only sex anyone should choose is yes please

Omg it's really not that hard to look up definitions of words is it?

I'm trying to decide how I feel about the cohort in here that came out of pre-allo and is now posting in here eventually making it to the resident/specialty forums.

It's either "I hate it" or "I despise it"

Hopefully specialty choice will dilute many of you out into other sub forums.

Reactions: 10 users

That's clearly a name for British boys. Who dream of being dancers to shake the shackles of normalcy in their coal mining town. And maybe...a little nerdy american boy with a particular sensitivity to aliens. Who is this female elliot you speak of?

Alex?

If you're going jock vs the university liberal arts system, first be accurate. That always cuts a leg out. Secondly, in reference to PL above. Don't sound like a dumb jock by saying feminism as if it's one monolithic thing. With a meeting every thursday night at 7.

Let;s step it up dudes.
I figured he was going with Elliot Reed from scrubs. And damn I love Billy Elliot who would have no time for such shenanigans.

But for real though, words mean things and if you want to make fun of feminism or the LGBTQ community it would be best to use language that shows you have the slightest idea of what you are talking about, but clearly that's too much work for PL

Omg it's really not that hard to look up definitions of words is it?

inflammable.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
LGBTQWTFBBQ brisket!!?!?

I loves me some good BBQ. Can I choose what type of sauce I am??

If so I choose: spicy!!!

(Rarh!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I figured he was going with Elliot Reed from scrubs. And damn I love Billy Elliot who would have no time for such shenanigans.

But for real though, words mean things and if you want to make fun of feminism or the LGBTQ community it would be best to use language that shows you have the slightest idea of what you are talking about, but clearly that's too much work for PL

Crap I forgot her. And I'm a scrubs fanboy. OK. And Also I guess Alex could be short for Alexis. I retract my point to Alpinism. But I agree with you. I don't like hyperliberalism--as it's taught in universities. But when that bleeds into marginalizing people I part ways with what is an uneasy association of proximity on certain points. There are certain progressive ideals that I could not imagine living in this country without. LGBT rights being one.

Crap I forgot her. And I'm a scrubs fanboy. OK. And Also I guess Alex could be short for Alexis. I retract my point to Alpinism. But I agree with you. I don't like hyperliberalism--as it's taught in universities. But when that bleeds into marginalizing people I part ways with what is an uneasy association of proximity on certain points. There are certain progressive ideals that I could not imagine living in this country without. LGBT rights being one.
It amuses me how much we tend to agree on things seeing how many times I've essentially been called a straw liberal.

I'm trying to decide how I feel about the cohort in here that came out of pre-allo and is now posting in here eventually making it to the resident/specialty forums.

I'm going into pulmonology specifically to torment you now ;)

I never understood exactly why certain people had such a hard time with VR on the MCAT until I saw what passed for arguments on a daily basis in pre-allo.

Reactions: 4 users

Alex?

Let;s step it up dudes.

Hmmm well I did grow up in England.

You couldn't walk into a bar without running into a girl named Alex at my undergrad. They were almost always super hot too.

Kris?

I'll give you that one.

But, Pat??

All that comes to mind is some overweight medical assistant in her 40s with short hair and 2 cats.

And this.

I still can't figure out what kind of resident he is. He's been a resident here since I started posting in 2009. I guess something surgical...

For whatever reason, I always thought he was IM with a fellowship. He should probably be close to finishing soon.

Reactions: 1 user
@gettheleadout I'm surprised he's applying this year to medical school. Always thought he was a med student/resident when posting. He's legit and only gives advice when he can give it. And he gives solid advice.

Also he runs (or starts) the MD school-specific threads, which help out premeds immensely.

This post was extremely informative and on topic.

I'm trying to decide how I feel about the cohort of attendings who come back to allo to cast down damning judgements from their all mighty seats of power.

It's either "pathetic" or "get a life".

Hopefully, speciality choice will dilute many of you into other sub forums....wait....you're still here.

Favorite poster
@DrMidlife

I'm trying to decide how I feel about the cohort of attendings who come back to allo to cast down damning judgements from their all mighty seats of power.

It's a sign of awesomeness. Neener neener neener.

It's either "pathetic" or "get a life".

Oh, I was wrong.