What`s Ur ....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nokia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
everyone has dreams & certaing ambitions what he/she wants to take out of life ...
what`s ur dream ( the dearest one ) & one thing u like to do before u die wiothout which ....say..ur soul won`t rest in peace !

Members don't see this ad.

my dream is getting a Nobel prize in physiology for discovering something important insdie the brain that changes our whole concept abt how it works ! ...lol
& i just want to fly ......fly above the clouds ...going up & down ......oooooo.it`s so mouth watreing for me .....damn ..btw how much does sky-diving cost ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Boinger said:
hey lady ..loved ur lovely drawing & pics & the last quote of urs by Juvenal :thumbup:

nokia said:
hey lady ..loved ur lovely drawing & pics & the last quote of urs by Juvenal :thumbup:
Nokia, boinger is no lady hehehe :D

nokia said:
im a guy yo !

besides i dont think a girl would ever keep a name like Boinger =P

Boinger said:
im a guy yo !

besides i dont think a girl would ever keep a name like Boinger =P
lol..
sorry ...got carried away by the avatar !

a singer.........!became a dentist instead! :laugh:
nokia said:
everyone has dreams & certaing ambitions what he/she wants to take out of life ...
what`s ur dream ( the dearest one ) & one thing u like to do before u die wiothout which ....say..ur soul won`t rest in peace !

prady said:
a singer.........!became a dentist instead! :laugh:
ain`t bad , man ! now u can sing to ur patients . keep them alive when u r treating them on dental chair .... :thumbup: don`t mind .

nokia said:
ain`t bad , man ! now u can sing to ur patients . keep them alive when u r treating them on dental chair .... :thumbup: don`t mind .
:laugh: :laugh:

i didn`t expect so few answers ...wonder ppl have stopped dreaming or too shy to share that someone in one of them is the next ...say ..einstein !

Members don't see this ad :)
nokia said:
i didn`t expect so few answers ...wonder ppl have stopped dreaming or too shy to share that someone in one of them is the next ...say ..einstein !
well i think people have stopped dreaming... most people have become bogged down with society and work and i think have forgotten how to dream ...

just imo

I don't think people will ever forget how to dream....its just that...we learn to fear them...and pick and choose the rational..possible...and sometimes humble paths....when we are kids we all want to be big..famous..great people...talk to kids...I just asked this little girl and she wants to be miss universe and an actress....we all have such dreams while we grow up...and then sadly..we grow out of them....
But i still have dreams...we all still do...we all want to do something worthwhile...something that will make us rememberable....sure...i want to be the next einstein :p :D :laugh: :laugh: ...I'll admit it....But then there is the diff between wanting it; and working for it....And then I sometimes feel like I am running out of time...i mean 100 years is not enough...to be everything....you can try...sure...but its not enough..is it?

hopeful05 said:
I don't think people will ever forget how to dream....its just that...we learn to fear them...and pick and choose the rational..possible...and sometimes humble paths....when we are kids we all want to be big..famous..great people...talk to kids...I just asked this little girl and she wants to be miss universe and an actress....we all have such dreams while we grow up...and then sadly..we grow out of them....
But i still have dreams...we all still do...we all want to do something worthwhile...something that will make us rememberable....sure...i want to be the next einstein :p :D :laugh: :laugh: ...I'll admit it....But then there is the diff between wanting it; and working for it....And then I sometimes feel like I am running out of time...i mean 100 years is not enough...to be everything....you can try...sure...but its not enough..is it?
If you wnat to be an einstein then it should come naturally when did he have to work at anything.

he had an inquisitive mind...and he went after what he couldn't understand...he thought abt it...he worked at finding the answers to phenomena.....ofcourse he worked hard for it.....so...what are u talking abt?

Yeah----Things can come naturally....but if you have a talent for something...and an eye for something...and you sit and do nothing abt it...then nothing happens...you have to make an effort..and do something...to accomplish something...yeah sometimes einsteins are born...but sometimes normal people can be einsteinic( ;) :D ) as well.... They just have to keep their senses open and not take any phenomena for granted....

^and the einstein thing..i was obvioulsy kidding.... :rolleyes: :smuggrin:

I want to be an Astro-physician. I want to see the stars.....

anyone remember the book the great gatsby ? he fulfilled all his dreams and went into a depression because he had nothing to live for... so in a way you should never stop dreaming because if you stop dreaming you have nothing to live for... your drive to work is extinguished because you have acquired everything you desire... no one should be subject to that... we all need something to drive us =)

as far as einstein goes... u know he actually developed later in life... he wasnt the brightest kid in class... =)

gal_M100.gif
Orange_stars.gif

gal_Milky.gif
Orange_stars.gif

M17a-small.jpg
Orange_stars.gif

I don't blame you....there is something abt the sky....the stars...which is so captivating....

i would love to do astrophysics but i think i have a bit too much on my menu already =(

Edit: happy data ?

hopeful05 said:
gal_M100.gif
Orange_stars.gif

gal_Milky.gif
Orange_stars.gif

M17a-small.jpg
Orange_stars.gif

I don't blame you....there is something abt the sky....the stars...which is so captivating....
you said it :D !

I really want to see a quasar ! i wonder what that looks like

even a black hole for that matter.. but the thing with the black hole is that it sucks in light... so hmm if you were say in between the hole and the point at which teh light was getting sucked in from you would in essence see light traveling backwards...

so say you were running away from the hole but it would seem like your getting sucked in

very interesting stuff... =)

Boinger said:

even a black hole for that matter.. but the thing with the black hole is that it sucks in light... so hmm if you were say in between the hole and the point at which teh light was getting sucked in from you would in essence see light traveling backwards...

so say you were running away from the hole but it would seem like your getting sucked in

U actually cannot see the black hole with the naked eye. They are usually detected via the bending of light from surrounding stars... so this cause the star to appear brighter.

Nothing like Star Trek, where you see a blue halo, and at times the event horizon. :laugh:

ya i know you cant see a black hole but it would be interesting to see around it even and how it influences other stars... etc.. =)
here is an interesting read =)

:thumbup:
sunny123 said:
U actually cannot see the black hole with the naked eye. They are usually detected via the bending of light from surrounding stars... so this cause the star to appear brighter.

Nothing like Star Trek, where you see a blue halo, and at times the event horizon. :laugh:

nokia said:

Be an entrepreneur (I know I will :smuggrin: )

its sooo damn true!the sky is so mysterious ,so massive,so enormous!not only the sky......the stars.......sinister........ :wow: awesome!speechless!
hopeful05 said:
gal_M100.gif
Orange_stars.gif

gal_Milky.gif
Orange_stars.gif

M17a-small.jpg
Orange_stars.gif

Hey we have Nehru Planetorium is just at few minutes walk from our hostel! :luck:
I reuglarly attend various astrophysics guest lectures they organize. :thumbup:

Boinger said:

:idea: u gotta read stephen hawking :thumbup:

steven hawking is sci fi though i just like the physics of it like parellel universe theories all kinds of quantum physics etc. =)

hawking is real physicist man!!!!

But then there is the diff between wanting it; and working for it....And then I sometimes feel like I am running out of time...i mean 100 years is not enough...to be everything....you can try...sure...but its not enough..is it?
i do`t know w hy...but this just reminds me of the first part of PRADY`s signature !

anyone remember the book the great gatsby ? he fulfilled all his dreams and went into a depression because he had nothing to live for... so in a way you should never stop dreaming because if you stop dreaming you have nothing to live for... your drive to work is extinguished because you have acquired everything you desire... no one should be subject to that... we all need something to drive us =)
I Wud luve to die such a death ...anyday .

its sooo damn true!the sky is so mysterious ,so massive,so enormous!not only the sky......the stars.......sinister........ awesome!speechless!
may b coz we r overawed by the sheer size of it ! but there is another equally beautiful place ..& it lies in the smallest of things ..fascinating just like biggg things ..

hopeful05 said:
he had an inquisitive mind...and he went after what he couldn't understand...he thought abt it...he worked at finding the answers to phenomena.....ofcourse he worked hard for it.....so...what are u talking abt?

Yeah----Things can come naturally....but if you have a talent for something...and an eye for something...and you sit and do nothing abt it...then nothing happens...you have to make an effort..and do something...to accomplish something...yeah sometimes einsteins are born...but sometimes normal people can be einsteinic( ;) :D ) as well.... They just have to keep their senses open and not take any phenomena for granted....

^and the einstein thing..i was obvioulsy kidding.... :rolleyes: :smuggrin:
Okay its so hard to keep track of 20 threads in this forum. I just saw this. Yeah why don't you be the next Jennifer lopez? She loved dancing like you. And married half hollywood. *cough* sluuuut *cough* But people love her. she's a talented actor. I guess her beauty was part of it. I'm not good at judging beauty in indian girls you can ask sunny he's the pimp of TORONTO. If you think you are good enough go for it. And they always need back up for indian movie backup dancers. Hey sunny what is that documentary at york about the Canadian indians journey into being a bollywood actor/actress? Man I recommend any brown person to watch this documentary. Its about 3-4 people one 17 year old girl in vancouver(west end of canada) who grew up with the dream to become an actress in india. A guy who wants to be an actor and another girl who wants to be an actress/model. They all watched movies and were all in love with bollywood films and thought it would be easy for them to get a job. But it took them 3-4 years to get a decent role. I think some never got into it.

Boinger said:
i would love to do astrophysics but i think i have a bit too much on my menu already =(

Edit: happy data ?
yes very happy..don't get it but okay i'm happy for now. :confused:

data said:
Okay its so hard to keep track of 20 threads in this forum. I just saw this. Yeah why don't you be the next Jennifer lopez? She loved dancing like you. And married half hollywood. *cough* sluuuut *cough* But people love her. she's a talented actor. I guess her beauty was part of it. I'm not good at judging beauty in indian girls you can ask sunny he's the pimp of TORONTO. If you think you are good enough go for it. And they always need back up for indian movie backup dancers. Hey sunny what is that documentary at york about the Canadian indians journey into being a bollywood actor/actress? Man I recommend any brown person to watch this documentary. Its about 3-4 people one 17 year old girl in vancouver(west end of canada) who grew up with the dream to become an actress in india. A guy who wants to be an actor and another girl who wants to be an actress/model. They all watched movies and were all in love with bollywood films and thought it would be easy for them to get a job. But it took them 3-4 years to get a decent role. I think some never got into it.
Yeah, the doc is called "Bollywood Bound"... awesome doc, and that girl who talks like my friend (the one from Repro class), actually starred in some Punjabi movie.

sunny123 said:
Yeah, the doc is called "Bollywood Bound"... awesome doc, and that girl who talks like my friend (the one from Repro class), actually starred in some Punjabi movie.
It was funny she had a portfolio showing that she is TOO INDIAN.... :laugh:
Canadian girl with a plain canadian accent is too INDIAN.. :laugh: :laugh:

nokia said:
may b coz we r overawed by the sheer size of it ! but there is another equally beautiful place ..& it lies in the smallest of things ..fascinating just like biggg things ..
may be cos its beyond our reach....I would like to know all about black hole......I am awed by the size of this universe...I want to feel the ether around........

nokia said:
To be a journalist....I guess that's not a possibility anymore....

Originally Posted by nokia

Papa kehte hain bada naam karega! beta humara aisa kaam karega magar yeh to koi na jaane ki meri manzil hain kahan! :p :confused: :(

meetlife said:
Is it about nihilism???
nope ...welll...may b yes ....

meetlife said:
may be cos its beyond our reach....I would like to know all about black hole......I am awed by the size of this universe...I want to feel the ether around........

btw ...is there ANY ETHER around us?

Neurolemma said:
To get the topping on the cheesecake correct.
:D .. :idea: .. :thumbup:

nokia said:
btw ...is there ANY ETHER around us?
What is it that surrounds us......is it ether....the nothingness or blanket of invisible...something that can not be captured...........I want to capture it....whatever it is.....

good luck for capturing ...whatever it is.
lol