what´s in a Name???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone like Rugrats or Jimmy Neutron? There are some kid's shows I can't let go of....I'm a kid too!!

Members don't see this ad :)
saffronrain said:
ciao. good luck!! is this your last one??
How was bumming around yesterday Swetha? Hope you went to another museum or somethin.... I gotta head out right now too, ttyl.

saffronrain said:
ciao. good luck!! is this your last one??

NO. One last one Monday. Which is turning out to be my hardest one, our crazy professor(who happens to be indian, go figure),gave us three HUNDRED potential study questions.

man, im screwed :/

plazaday said:
NO. One last one Monday. Which is turning out to be my hardest one, our crazy professor(who happens to be indian, go figure),gave us three HUNDRED potential study questions.

man, im screwed :/

oo man that sucks. i was done last thursday. lol 300 study questions?! what class is this for? holy crap... haha he's indian.. great.. can others understand him? its funny b/c i'm the only one who can understand FOB profs... and ew no i'm not FOB. where do you go to school?? remind me not to go there. ever. :laugh:

sunny123 said:
How was bumming around yesterday Swetha? Hope you went to another museum or somethin.... I gotta head out right now too, ttyl.

Yo yo.. bumming around..ughh.. soooo boring. I ended up reading a book.
Today I painted. But I can't believe I painted what I painted...haha.. because it's all bloody.. like... limbs everywhere. well.. only two. it's just weird. Dali-style. ;) haha laters

saffronrain said:
heyy welcome to the forum. :) mangalore huh? some of my fam. lives there. um, but i can't guess your name.... i'm so bad w/ meanings!! seeyaa
thanx saff ! sorry i can`t keep up u guys in trems of no of replies coz of infrequent visits here & differet time zone .. btw my name is TINA ( There Is No Alternative ) .. ;) so how ru guys doing ? .....
hey prady , how ru doing man ? nice to c ya guys .. laterz :thumbup:

PS: Ima guy ...oops ..lol

nokia said:
thanx saff ! sorry i can`t keep up u guys in trems of no of replies coz of infrequent visits here & differet time zone .. btw my name is TINA ( There Is No Alternative ) .. ;) so how ru guys doing ? .....

You're a guy? Hmmm... don't take this offensively but I've never heard of the name Tina for a guy.. interesting. No problem about not keeping up.. it's for those of us who have no lives. ;) How's the weather in India?? :D It's getting warm here (the term "warm" is relative)- it was 70 degrees F yesterday. :D haha I'm really scared that sometimes I'll be talking to one of my relatives.... but I don't think I have a relative named Tina so it's all good. :laugh: Okay imma go read.. later!

saffronrain said:
oo man that sucks. i was done last thursday. lol 300 study questions?! what class is this for? holy crap... haha he's indian.. great.. can others understand him? its funny b/c i'm the only one who can understand FOB profs... and ew no i'm not FOB. where do you go to school?? remind me not to go there. ever. :laugh:

i go to fordham university-its in metro ny.

yes. three frickin hundred. its for human/cyto-genetics. i am dying. DYING :(

others cant really understand him.its toooo funny :]

plazaday said:
i go to fordham university-its in metro ny.

yes. three frickin hundred. its for human/cyto-genetics. i am dying. DYING :(

others cant really understand him.its toooo funny :]

i almost applied there.. i transferred out of boston university to this school in bubblef*ck, CT. hahaha.. it sucks. actually no it doesn't. i lie. anyway.. BU was too big.. what yr are you? i'm a soph.. junior this fall.. 2 more years, 2 more years, 2 more years.. who said i was counting? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
saffronrain said:
i almost applied there.. i transferred out of boston university to this school in bubblef*ck, CT. hahaha.. it sucks. actually no it doesn't. i lie. anyway.. BU was too big.. what yr are you? i'm a soph.. junior this fall.. 2 more years, 2 more years, 2 more years.. who said i was counting? :D

im going to be a senior,although before i apply, im taking a year(or two) off, and possibly taking some more classes.

(can you tell im just scared sh*tless of the whole application process? i am teh master procrastinator)

where in CT>? my ex went to school in boston, so i had to take the 84 and drive thru CT to get to the masspike.

plazaday said:
im going to be a senior,although before i apply, im taking a year(or two) off, and possibly taking some more classes.

(can you tell im just scared sh*tless of the whole application process? i am teh master procrastinator)

where in CT>? my ex went to school in boston, so i had to take the 84 and drive thru CT to get to the masspike.

omg me too i'm so scared.. i'm takin a yr off too after senior yr. :scared:
Sacred Heart Univ. :rolleyes: it's pretty good actually.. i mean it's 99.99% white but whatev.. i'm doin well so i guess thats what counts. besides i always have a dose of desi-ness from this forum!!! :laugh: laterr

saffronrain said:
omg me too i'm so scared.. i'm takin a yr off too after senior yr. :scared:
Sacred Heart Univ. :rolleyes: it's pretty good actually.. i mean it's 99.99% white but whatev.. i'm doin well so i guess thats what counts. besides i always have a dose of desi-ness from this forum!!! :laugh: laterr

a year? i want to take off two years! probably one to take classes, and the second for interviews/going abroad.

i know where sacred heart is, i think ive been there before. bu must have been a madhouse. its crazy, that school. theres no campus, and everything is just on the streets of boston. the only thing i miss bout boston is shopping on newbury :D

plazaday said:
a year? i want to take off two years! probably one to take classes, and the second for interviews/going abroad.

i know where sacred heart is, i think ive been there before. bu must have been a madhouse. its crazy, that school. theres no campus, and everything is just on the streets of boston. the only thing i miss bout boston is shopping on newbury :D

oh cool so you've heard of bubblef*ck. awesome. :D
yeah BU was cRaZy... i missed it at first, now i really dont care. there were too many distractions.. i knew like half the ppl who went there so it was just ridiculous. ppl were open and friendly and although that was absolutely awesome, it totally interfered w/ academics. whatev.
yeah i want to go abroad too.. but i dont think i'll have time if i take 1 yr off. we'll see.

hello nokia!whatz up these days?u say ur namez tina.....hmmmmn....!is'nt it strange enough 4 a guy 2 have such a name.....???well just asked!no offense,plz!
nokia said:

prady said:
hello nokia!whatz up these days?u say ur namez tina.....hmmmmn....!is'nt it strange enough 4 a guy 2 have such a name.....???well just asked!no offense,plz!
hye prady ...me fine, man ? yeah it`s starage for aguy to have name TINA but what do usay when u hear that there r two tina`s in may family !! :p anyway ...i`m here form india . hwoa bt u ? i think u r right now surfing the site ..lol..i mean the moment i`m writing this !

sunny123 said:
Boston is teh koolness :D

Yeah, I'd love to be in a big city like Boston.
Also, the amazing people you get to meet ( I mean businesswise :thumbup: )

nokia said:
Hey ThereIsNoAlternative. I'm sure your real name has a meaning. I thought mine didn't and :eek: there is one. So give it a shot :D

rxgal8 said:
Hey ThereIsNoAlternative. I'm sure your real name has a meaning. I thought mine didn't and :eek: there is one. So give it a shot :D
rxgal, what is your name btw? It's weird calling you perscription gal :laugh: .

sunny123 said:
lol...it's Jeenal :D

saffronrain said:

I LOVE BABAR TOO!!!!!!
OHMYGOD!! :p :D

:confused: :confused: Utterly confused!
The only Babar i know was the first Mughal of India!

sunny123 said:

Was that Naughty?????????????

can anyone guess my name????? it means "sharp intellect" which i infact dont have!!!! no doubt about it!!! thats why i kept mum for so long.... ;)

allergic2morons said:
can anyone guess my name????? it means "sharp intellect" which i infact dont have!!!! no doubt about it!!! thats why i kept mum for so long.... ;)
budhiraja ! that wud ba surname i guess .

DrGarfield said:
Was that Naughty?????????????
Nah, Rx stands for prescription (or pharmacy) :cool:

rxgal8 said:
Nah, Rx stands for prescription (or pharmacy) :cool:
commone dear- don't tell me that. i hve been using that sign for last 8 years now.

DrGarfield said:
commone dear- don't tell me that. i hve been using that sign for last 8 years now.

Bhai tamari umar ketli?? Mane to aathiyavees / chavvis na lagta hata.

Premedtomed said:
Bhai tamari umar ketli?? Mane to aathiyavees / chavvis na lagta hata.
wow...impressed by your guju :p

DrGarfield said:
hmm so you have, huh :D
Glad to be back in India?

Premedtomed said:
Kem cho??
saru che
lol....you don't want to hear my broken guju :oops:

I got many gujju friends, but no likes to speak it. I dunno why.

Are you guju sunny? i have many friends who are guju named sunny :)
I apologize if i am wrong. Do not want to offend anyone.

sunny123 said:
I got many gujju friends, but no likes to speak it. I dunno why.
well for me, i think guju has several dialects and so i never know if i'm using the right words/grammar haha i just ramble on and hope that ppl understand me (usually not, since once someone mistook me for a kid on the phone :oops: )...also i think guju can sound kinda harsh sometimes whereas hindi sounds sweeter, just IMHO...

data said:
Nope, I represent the East coast of India (State of Bengal) :cool: .

rxgal8 said:
well for me, i think guju has several dialects and so i never know if i'm using the right words/grammar haha i just ramble on and hope that ppl understand me (usually not, since once someone mistook me for a kid on the phone :oops: )...also i think guju can sound kinda harsh sometimes whereas hindi sounds sweeter, just IMHO...
Gujju sound harsh? Not comparing Punjabi. I've heard some older Punjabi men talk to me (I could barely understand what they were saying, but I managed somehow), and it sounded as if they were accusing me of not doing something right :laugh: .

data said:
lol....he's actually georgie ;)

being guju is offensive? :smuggrin:
:) (im just messing)

sunny123 said:
Gujju sound harsh? Not comparing Punjabi. I've heard some older Punjabi men talk to me (I could barely understand what they were saying, but I managed somehow), and it sounded as if they were accusing me of not doing something wrong :laugh: .
hahaha how dare they :laugh:

sunny123 said:
Nope, I represent the East coast of India (State of Bengal) :cool: .
East side! :smuggrin:

whoa whoa whoa.. nobody bash my gujus, please.. (im a patel :laugh: )

Ok I'll admit its true though - I have heard the same from my parents who can speak both hindi and gujarati- gujarati sounds harsher than hindi.

Dude, Rxgal8, I didn't know you were indian!

ilovepharmacy said:
whoa whoa whoa.. nobody bash my gujus, please.. (im a patel :laugh: )

Ok I'll admit its true though - I have heard the same from my parents who can speak both hindi and gujarati- gujarati sounds harsher than hindi.

Dude, Rxgal8, I didn't know you were indian!

lol...I didn't know YOU were indian!!!!!!!! (patel here also)
btw i almost went to USC but ended up at UOP :) Are you starting this fall?