what´s in a Name???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nimeshshingala said:
well let me guess
SHEETAL
now if I am right, you will have to treat me !!

Can´t be- Sheetal means COOL- and he/she said the name means Fair! Bet that´s Shweta!

Members don't see this ad.

DrGarfield said:
Can´t be- Sheetal means COOL- and he/she said the name means Fair! Bet that´s Shweta!

no treat for you nimmy! :laugh:
garfield's right.. sorta... it's Swetha. :D

saffronrain said:
no treat for you nimmy! :laugh:
garfield's right.. sorta... it's Swetha. :D

:( :(
Anger.gif

:laugh: :laugh:
you got a very nice name Swetha!!!
too bad , I missed out on the treat.....

Members don't see this ad :)
nimeshshingala said:
:( :(
Anger.gif

:laugh: :laugh:
you got a very nice name Swetha!!!
too bad , I missed out on the treat.....

hahaha thank yee :p :D

ohh! SWETHA!!
I misplaced the H there- This shows that the Swetha of ours has her roots somewhere towards the Southern banks of Godawari! Most probably Tamil- Gotcha?

gwen said:
mine means "a bright star" - yucky, that sounds so cheesy.
can anyone guess what my name is? and i never go by the whole name...i use only half of my real name. at least i don't have some cheesy nicknames like rinky, dinky, pinky or pupply.

DrGarfield said:
Lemme guess! Dhruvin???

That is a bright star,
U generally use Dhruv!
And that can´t be made into some stupid nickname!

I think gwen is a girl. Isn't Dhruv a guy's name?

rxgal8 said:

ya- Dhruv is a guy´s name- A gal can be Dhruvi though! :laugh:

DrGarfield said:
ohh! SWETHA!!
I misplaced the H there- This shows that the Swetha of ours has her roots somewhere towards the Southern banks of Godawari! Most probably Tamil- Gotcha?

haha, wrong again dr. garfield! :laugh: however, i thought i told you where i'm from in another thread...? ::hint hint:: ;) :D
i'll just tell ya- ancestors from goa, mom's from calicut/kerala, dad's from chennai. :)

saffronrain said:
haha, wrong again dr. garfield! :laugh: however, i thought i told you where i'm from in another thread...? ::hint hint:: ;) :D
i'll just tell ya- ancestors from goa, mom's from calicut/kerala, dad's from chennai. :)

Not wrong at all!

Goa IS south to the Godavari, ans so is Kerala-
Chennai is IN Tamilnadu

I just said that because only southies spell Swetha- Northies spell Sweta.

DrGarfield said:
Not wrong at all!

Chennai is IN Tamilnadu

oops. didn't know that! :oops: thanks for the info!!

gwen is a girl's name. and therefore, no, my name is not dhruv or dhruvi.
its anuradha but i go by anu. anuradha is a bit old-fashioned, but hey, i didn't name myself.

rxgal8 said:

gwen said:
gwen is a girl's name. and therefore, no, my name is not dhruv or dhruvi.
its anuradha but i go by anu. anuradha is a bit old-fashioned, but hey, i didn't name myself.

Ok ok- but is anuradha a Bright star? I thought Anuradha is a Nakshatra- a bunch of stars! Anyways- Hello! :)

DrGarfield said:
Not wrong at all!

Chennai is IN Tamilnadu

I think they rather spell it Shweta in north.(that is more phonetically correct) It would b interesting to know whether there is a also a difference in pronunciation in north and south.
And, though goa is south of godavari it doesn't really fit into defination of South Indian state who speak languages of Dravidian family. In goa predominant language is Konkani and Marathi which are part of Indo persian branch of Indo European family of languages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya- I actually did write Shweta when i first guessed her name!
Goa has a different culture and outlook at all because it´s portugese history!
Her dad is still from Chennai- so i am Right! :laugh: ;)

DrGarfield said:
Ya- I actually did write Shweta when i first guessed her name!
Goa has a different culture and outlook at all because it´s portugese history!
Her dad is still from Chennai- so i am Right! :laugh: ;)
:D

well guys i`m new here .. from india , KMC mangalore, under MAHE . & my name means ...There Is No alternative ...anyguess es?

nokia said:
well guys i`m new here .. from india , KMC mangalore, under MAHE . & my name means ...There Is No alternative ...anyguess es?

heyy welcome to the forum. :) mangalore huh? some of my fam. lives there. um, but i can't guess your name.... i'm so bad w/ meanings!! seeyaa

welcome 2 the forum nokia!nokia..... u mean the cellphone company....?? :confused:
nokia said:

nokia said:

Ananya?

plazaday said:
the feminine version,silly cat.

look at your Avtaar- gosh- if that´s a female, how would a male be? :D

plazaday said:
hey now. thats crash bandicoot-greatest time pass ever.

well, i´m sorry if i have to be, but i don´t have a clue what that is!

plazaday said:
heres half of my human genetics notes. learn em and teach em to me. thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks :]
Not fair!!!! All I'll tell you is that inbreeding is bad.... Mueller's Ratchet is not a good thing. :laugh:

I wanted something like a chocolate bar...ummmm..Tobelerone? :p

sunny123 said:
Not fair!!!! All I'll tell you is that inbreeding is bad.... Mueller's Ratchet is not a good thing. :laugh:

I wanted something like a chocolate bar...ummmm..Tobelerone? :p

ok ok, you can have one of the godiva chocolate strawberries im currently chowing down on=fastest way to get motu. oh well :]

plazaday said:
ok ok, you can have one of the godiva chocolate strawberries im currently chowing down on=fastest way to get motu. oh well :]
The motu-ness never kills nobody hehehe.... Heck, if you ain't motu, the aunties cry over your body as if you are dying... They tend to pinch you even harder, just to see how much fat they can pick off of you (that hurts).

plazaday said:
video game for little kids like me :]

ooook, when i used to play games, the best thing around was Mario! and then i suddenly grew up! :(

sunny123 said:
The motu-ness never kills nobody hehehe.... Heck, if you ain't motu, the aunties cry over your body as if you are dying... They tend to pinch you even harder, just to see how much fat they can pick off of you (that hurts).

i run from the aunties. my puppy and i hide out on the landing on my stairs and laugh at all the other lil kids that the aunties are fawning over.hehehe :]

Aunties are like wolves, they hunt for the chubbiest prey
meanie.gif

You and your puppy have been lucky to avoid them.

sunny123 said:
Aunties are like wolves, they hunt for the chubbiest prey
meanie.gif

You and your puppy have been lucky to avoid them.

they especially like fat little puppies :] mebbe we should stop putting ghee on all her food :confused:

OMG you're gonna kill your puppy if you give it ghee!!!! What kind of puppy is this? This isn't the fat puppy "spot", is it?

0142501247.jpg

sunny123 said:
OMG you're gonna kill your puppy if you give it ghee!!!! What kind of puppy is this? This isn't the fat puppy "spot", is it?

0142501247.jpg

I LOVE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Spot was my fave too!! So was the bear "Corduroy".

WB-2143_f.jpg

sunny123 said:

0142501247.jpg

nooooo. luna is a japanese chin. see attached. she wont eat dog food, so we give her eggs in the AM(with ghee on top,otherwise she reverses and wont touch them), vegetables for lunch, and chicken for dinner(with more ghee).

spoiled princess.

Attachments

• dscn1130.jpg
    dscn1130.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 66
Awwww... nice Luna!! We had a dog once (well it was the family dog), back in India... his name was Jackie. He was a german spitz (sp?), and we fed him rice with daal, cucumbers, and whatever chicken and rice we had.

How come I've heard that dogs aren't supposed to eat human food? I mean, in N.AMerica, they always say stuff like that. But in India, everyone feeds their dogs whatever they got in the house.

plazaday said:
what about babar the elephant? i looove babar :]
Babar was cool too :D , I had a whole bunch of his books.

plazaday said:
nooooo. luna is a japanese chin. see attached. she wont eat dog food, so we give her eggs in the AM(with ghee on top,otherwise she reverses and wont touch them), vegetables for lunch, and chicken for dinner(with more ghee).

spoiled princess.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

sunny123 said:
Awwww... nice Luna!! We had a dog once (well it was the family dog), back in India... his name was Jackie. He was a german spitz (sp?), and we fed him rice with daal, cucumbers, and whatever chicken and rice we had.

How come I've heard that dogs aren't supposed to eat human food? I mean, in N.AMerica, they always say stuff like that. But in India, everyone feeds their dogs whatever they got in the house.

HAH. my uncle in mumbai has a huge german shepard named jackie. hes gorgeous, but almost my size when he stands on his back paws.

dogs arent supposed to eat human food cause some of the spices and stuff can apparently irritate their systems, or something. but certain dogs arent supposed to eat the overprocessed crap that you can buy in stores. luna is one of them.

its a pain in the ass when my mom takes the last eggs in the house to give them to the fricking DOG.

sunny123 said:
Babar was cool too :D , I had a whole bunch of his books.

I LOVE BABAR TOO!!!!!!
OHMYGOD!! :p :D