What do single women think of a male OB/GYN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Janice, you really need to look at the bright side of being a woman. I personally love knowing that I am GUARANTEED one day out of the year to have a gorgeous man between my legs. :D Every other time, I just count as a blessing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Janice said:
This information I got from a tv news special one evening.
TV is a valid form of information.
Everything on TV must be true!!!!!!
They wouldn't put it there if it wasn't right?
It wouldn't be biased at all.....its on TV!

Let's not resort to calling her an idiot... degrading into a mud-slinging contest isn't good. :D

If you do that, and it is all a game, then she won. Wouldn't want that, would we?! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
jashanley said:
Janice said:
This information I got from a tv news special one evening.
TV is a valid form of information.
Everything on TV must be true!!!!!!
They wouldn't put it there if it wasn't right?
It wouldn't be biased at all.....its on TV!
Oh, say it ain't so. TV lies? what next? Misinformation on the internet??

Janice said:
SO SHUT THE F**k UP! PUNK!

Well, I was reading this thread and enjoying it (really, I was) until this post. Seriously, how much longer are the moderators going to tolerate this poster? I can accept that the first 1000 posts by Janice were expressions of opinion -- and that's fine. However, they've now extended beyond that grey zone separating "disagreement" and "belligerence."

Janice is entitled to live as she desires and deal with the aftermath created by the evil men that have abandoned her, mistreated her, lied to her and voilated her in the past (and when it occured); however, this is not the forum.

Janice, please do us all a favor and post your sentiments elsewhere. Let's leave it as it is: You'll never convince us and we'll never convince you.

It appears her "f-you, punk" post got pulled.

neutropeniaboy said:
Well, I was reading this thread and enjoying it (really, I was) until this post. Seriously, how much longer are the moderators going to tolerate this poster? I can accept that the first 1000 posts by Janice were expressions of opinion -- and that's fine. However, they've now extended beyond that grey zone separating "disagreement" and "belligerence."

Janice is entitled to live as she desires and deal with the aftermath created by the evil men that have abandoned her, mistreated her, lied to her and voilated her in the past (and when it occured); however, this is not the forum.

Janice, please do us all a favor and post your sentiments elsewhere. Let's leave it as it is: You'll never convince us and we'll never convince you.

It is not about convincing you or anyone else anything. It's about voicing opinions. Making statements and posting facts. Not about convincing anybody about anything. Think what you want. And everybody else thinks what they want.

IdiotBoxen said:
Oh, say it ain't so. TV lies? what next? Misinformation on the internet??

In case you didn't get a message I sent earlier in response to jobs that require pelvics. No job in this country requires a pelvic for employment or prostate checks for men. The military and the NASA space program are the only 2 that make gyn manitory. They are the only 2 that do. The FAA doen't require gyn to become a pilot either. No civilian jobs require gyn for any reason whatsoever.

Actually Janice, they do. Males will have a testicular exam, as the age which most men enlist in the military is the same age when testicular cancer will probably appear. It is exceedingly rare to see a male below 40 to get prostate cancer, and it isn't necessary. But, over that age, yes, they do get a rectal exam.

Females, on the other hand, do need the exam. Do you understand that HPV is very strongly correlated with precancerous changes in the cells of the cervix? You understand what it means for a woman's fertility if she carries around chlamydia for years? It's so easy and simple to do a pelvic and catch these early!

The need for the pelvic exam should be plainly obvious to you. It's obvious to everyone else here.

And my comment about the internet was sarcastic... *sigh*

Janice said:
It is not about convincing you or anyone else anything. It's about voicing opinions. Making statements and posting facts. Not about convincing anybody about anything. Think what you want. And everybody else thinks what they want.

I could accept this, Janice. However, you have yet to post anything factual.

IdiotBoxen said:
Actually Janice, they do. Males will have a testicular exam, as the age which most men enlist in the military is the same age when testicular cancer will probably appear. It is exceedingly rare to see a male below 40 to get prostate cancer, and it isn't necessary. But, over that age, yes, they do get a rectal exam.

Females, on the other hand, do need the exam. Do you understand that HPV is very strongly correlated with precancerous changes in the cells of the cervix? You understand what it means for a woman's fertility if she carries around chlamydia for years? It's so easy and simple to do a pelvic and catch these early!

The need for the pelvic exam should be plainly obvious to you. It's obvious to everyone else here.

And my comment about the internet was sarcastic... *sigh*

Women who are sexually active, childbearing, having problems (gyn-wise), sexual assault victims are the ones who need the exam. I've said time and time again, there are those who simply don't have a medical need for the exam.

They are:

Virgins with an hymen that is undisturbed

Turning 18 years old

Virgins without a hymen

Planning to get married

Women who are aging (past the age of 60-65)

Elderly women

UTI's don't warrant pelvic exams either (typically self treatable)

Yeast Infections (typically self treatable)

All women sexually inactive who are not having any gyn/female problems that would warrant an exam

All those who simply abstain from sex

Another thing, the exam should never ever to given when a complaint is above the waist. Some doctors get women in stirrips who come to them with a complaint for a sore throat, or lower back pain.

It is obvious to me that there are those who have a need for it, and those who simply don't. I am aware that the HPV virus is associated with changes in the cervix which could lead to cancer. I am also aware that the virus is sexually transmitted for the most part. It's like I said, women who are sexually active need the exam, while those who are not don't. The only females who need the exam, are those with problems and those who are sexually active.

When you talk about men and testicular/rectal exams, you are referring to the military. I am referring to civilian life.

A doctor once said the exam is not for everybody. That's one doctor that's right.

oh yay Janice is back.

Let's see...elderly women probably get pelvics for a number of reasons, including concern for endometrial cancer, and many other problems that specifically affect elderly women, such as rectocele, urinary incontinence, etc. BTW, that would be one sick doc to get his kicks of the "medical rape" of a 70 year old!

Problems above the waste don't require pelvic exams....what about pelvic inflammatory disease, appendicitis, endometriosis, fitz-hugh-curtis syndrome, all of which can be diagnosed through a pelvic exam?

A single UTI doesn't warrant a pelvic, and I've never seen a woman get a pelvic for a UTI, unless they were recurrent, which could suggest some pathology that could be found on pelvic exam.

All those that abstain from sex. So, every 16 year old girl who says "i abstain" shouldn't even be offered the exam? Do you believe teenagers everytime they deny engaging in sex, drugs, alcohol, etc?

Point is, every woman should be offered regular screening exams. If they decline, so be it...no one is forcing anybody to do anything. And just so you have a clear idea about things, underpriveleged women without regular access to health care die more often of preventable diseases such as cervical cancer than their more priveleged counterparts. And if you ask the poor people who can't afford regular doctor visits, they'd probably tell you that you are crazy for spreading this kind of rhetoric.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. It reminds me of a guy I met while I was an undergradute. He was utterly convinced that condoms (both latex and "lambskin") gave you cancer. The government was behind it! He refused to use them because he didn't want his penis to fall off. And with the number of sexual partners he'd had, I'm honestly surprised that it hadn't "fallen off" from an STD.

Good thing he was so good looking, 'cause he was dumber than a box of hair.

Members don't see this ad :)
GeneGoddess said:
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. It reminds me of a guy I met while I was an undergradute. He was utterly convinced that condoms (both latex and "lambskin") gave you cancer. The government was behind it! He refused to use them because he didn't want his penis to fall off. And with the number of sexual partners he'd had, I'm honestly surprised that it hadn't "fallen off" from an STD.

Good thing he was so good looking, 'cause he was dumber than a box of hair.

Was that his line? :laugh:

I've tried logic. Other people have tried much harder than I. It doesn't work.

I just hope nobody pays attention to what she says...

About not requiring gyn exams for employment.

Let us suppose that I'm applying for a job, and one of the benefits of my job is health insurance. Let us suppose that the health insurance company will NOT cover pre-existing conditions. If I was a woman who *might* get cervical cancer some day, I would want to be sure that refusal to take an exam is not grounds for my carrier to deny me.

Also, regarding the statements that preventative health measures are not necessary for everybody, true. On the same page, (as a side note, my undergraduate is in engineering) I can compute the finite possibility that a basketball will pass right through a 6 foot thick concrete wall, when thrown at it. I can assure you that it will be a statistically insignificant possibility, but it is still there. Preventative health measures are in place because they are indicated, using the same statistical means.

GeddyLee said:
oh yay Janice is back.

Let's see...elderly women probably get pelvics for a number of reasons, including concern for endometrial cancer, and many other problems that specifically affect elderly women, such as rectocele, urinary incontinence, etc. BTW, that would be one sick doc to get his kicks of the "medical rape" of a 70 year old!

Problems above the waste don't require pelvic exams....what about pelvic inflammatory disease, appendicitis, endometriosis, fitz-hugh-curtis syndrome, all of which can be diagnosed through a pelvic exam?

A single UTI doesn't warrant a pelvic, and I've never seen a woman get a pelvic for a UTI, unless they were recurrent, which could suggest some pathology that could be found on pelvic exam.

All those that abstain from sex. So, every 16 year old girl who says "i abstain" shouldn't even be offered the exam? Do you believe teenagers everytime they deny engaging in sex, drugs, alcohol, etc?

Point is, every woman should be offered regular screening exams. If they decline, so be it...no one is forcing anybody to do anything. And just so you have a clear idea about things, underpriveleged women without regular access to health care die more often of preventable diseases such as cervical cancer than their more priveleged counterparts. And if you ask the poor people who can't afford regular doctor visits, they'd probably tell you that you are crazy for spreading this kind of rhetoric.

They (anybody) can say whatever they want. It makes it no less true that there are some doctors who do pelvics at the drop of a hat. Complaints above the waist typically don't require pelvics! There are doctors who do pelvics for any stomach and/or lower back pain complaint. BULLCRAP! The stomach pain might be described in such a way as to indicate an ulcer, not a gyn problem. A lower back pain problem could be described in such a way that it would indicate a nerve problem-maybe the sciatic nerve. Not a gyn problem. While anybody can be offered a pelvic, not anybody/everybody needs it. NO, WOMEN WHO ABSTAIN FROM SEX AND NOT HAVING PROBLEMS, DON'T NEED A PELVIC UPON A ROUTINE PHYSICAL EXAM! If a 16 year old is not having problems (especially when she's not sexually active) no, she doesn't need an exam, and doesn't need to be offered it. If she is offered the exam, that's ok, but if she declines it, that should be the end of it. That is very gullable age and the pervert gyn doctors love that age bracket of females. They carefully target their victims anyway. The scare tactics, intimidation and threats works with the average teenager. Not every teenager is sexually active or on drugs. A whole lot of them are not. Most people including and perhaps especially doctors, assume most if not all of them are.

What's the use if you find cancer in a 80 - 90 year old? What purpose does the exam serve at thay point? That age is long since over the hill.

Appendicitis is diagnosed through symptons and an xray.
Why would you want to do a pelvic on a 70 year old or older patient anyway?
Not every body needs a pelvic, and not every complaint a woman offers warrants one. I have said it once and I'll say it again and again, NOTHING ABOVE THE WAIST WARRANTS A PELVIC EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice said:
What's the use if you find cancer in a 80 - 90 year old? What purpose does the exam serve at thay point? That age is long since over the hill.

Oh, my. Is she saying what it SOUNDS like she's saying? I just pray that when I'm that age, a doctor with THAT attitude doesn't come within 100 yards of me.

More to the point, I just pray that Janice NEVER comes within 100 yards of ANY patient (male OR female, young OR old.)

drlisa0318 said:
Oh, my. Is she saying what it SOUNDS like she's saying? I just pray that when I'm that age, a doctor with THAT attitude doesn't come within 100 yards of me.

More to the point, I just pray that Janice NEVER comes within 100 yards of ANY patient (male OR female, young OR old.)

yes, and that makes 2 of us.

Janice said:
They (anybody) can say whatever they want. It makes it no less true that there are some doctors who do pelvics at the drop of a hat. Complaints above the waist typically don't require pelvics! There are doctors who do pelvics for any stomach and/or lower back pain complaint. BULLCRAP! The stomach pain might be described in such a way as to indicate an ulcer, not a gyn problem. A lower back pain problem could be described in such a way that it would indicate a nerve problem-maybe the sciatic nerve. Not a gyn problem. While anybody can be offered a pelvic, not anybody/everybody needs it. NO, WOMEN WHO ABSTAIN FROM SEX AND NOT HAVING PROBLEMS, DON'T NEED A PELVIC UPON A ROUTINE PHYSICAL EXAM! If a 16 year old is not having problems (especially when she's not sexually active) no, she doesn't need an exam, and doesn't need to be offered it. If she is offered the exam, that's ok, but if she declines it, that should be the end of it. That is very gullable age and the pervert gyn doctors love that age bracket of females. They carefully target their victims anyway. The scare tactics, intimidation and threats works with the average teenager. Not every teenager is sexually active or on drugs. A whole lot of them are not. Most people including and perhaps especially doctors, assume most if not all of them are.

Not every body needs a pelvic, and not every complaint a woman offers warrants one. I have said it once and I'll say it again and again, NOTHING ABOVE THE WAIST WARRANTS A PELVIC EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!

First, I am not in a good mood today and I don't feel like being nice. So. You are the stupidest human being I have ever come across. You seem to be absolute proof that survival of the fittest is dead. I may be confused but I though gynecology was primarily concerned with the area of a woman's body you seem so uptight about. So yes gynecologists would make 'pelvics,' as you like to say, a priority. Women across the board should be offered a complete gynecological exam, even this mythical 16 year old who all the gynecologists can't wait to rape, and also the 'over the hill' 70, 80 or 90 year old you are so eager to write off. My grandmother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer - she is 82. We love her a lot and she is still feisty and full of life. Should she not have had that breast exam because the doctor might have gotten off on it or her life is not worth saving? Hell no. The malignancy was removed and she is doing fine. Thank heavens she didn't have some ***** like you around looking after her care, she'd probably be dead. Also, according to your reasoning lesbians for sure shouldn't even be gynecologists because golly, that's just a big horny sexfest every day. God I cannot even believe I am replying to your drivel because it is just so stupid but today I am not able to tolerate that sort of bull.

I am curious - what does this statement of yours mean?

While anybody can be offered a pelvic, not anybody/everybody needs it.

Not anybody/everybody? So is anybody one option? So not anybody needs a pelvic? What exactly are you trying to say here?

Also - doctors carefully targeting their "victims?" They're called patients, Janice - PATIENTS. Scare tactics, threat, intimidation? Those scary cult like gynecologists - I bet they're secretly trying to take over the world. What sort of tabloid rag do you read on a regular basis? Surely you don't make up this conspiracy crap yourself.

Here are some facts for you to digest -

http://www.agi-usa.org/pubs/fb_teen_sex.html

Please take note of this especially -
The likelihood of teenagers' having intercourse increases steadily with age; however, about 1 in 5 young people do not have intercourse while teenagers.
So, using my deduction skills, that would mean that 4 out of every 5 teens do have intercourse. So, contrary to your statement above, a whole lot of teenagers ARE sexually active and these assumptive people in this next quote of yours are correct. "Most people including and perhaps especially doctors, assume most if not all of them are."

And here is a definition of 'fact' for you since you don't seem to be familiar with it -
-something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
-a piece of information presented as having objective reality,
in fact : in truth

That's from Merriam-Webster online. I'm not sure if any of those editors were gynecologists, if so then their definitions of fact are probably just lies anyway.

I guess I'm through ranting for now. Maybe when you're over the hill you'll come across one of these infamous pervert doctors there are so many of and they'll refuse to treat your cancer ridden body because old folks aren't worth saving. But then they couldn't get their cheap thrills. Damn. So they would treat you but just to have something to fantasize about. OK, I get it now.

One thing I've noticed....and someone may have already mentioned it, but this thread is getting long and I really don't want to look back through it to see......I don't know about anyone else, but EVERY time I've been examined by a male doctor, whether it's gyn or not, if it requires me undressing even a part of my body, there is ALWAYS a nurse present. There have been no exceptions. Plus, the nurse always stands so that she can see exactly what the doctor is doing. And I know very well how it feels to be touched clinically and how it feels to be touched sexually. NONE of my doctors has ever touched me sexually (though there's one that I sure wouldn't complain if he did! :D ) Will someone please explain to me just HOW these "perverted" male gyns are supposedly getting their jollies? Oh, I know....the nurses are in on it, too! Do you suppose they're all sex-crazed lesbians? No? Oh, then the perverted male gyns must be subjugating and raping their nurses, too! I get it now! :laugh:

Janice=the female version of a misogynist. :laugh:

Janice said:

Oh dear God, forgive me for dignifying this with a response.
**"Complaints above the waist typically don't require pelvics!"
Janice, no Dr. of mine has EVER recommended a pelvic exam for a sore throat, broken ankle (oh no..maybe I should have had one for that. It WAS below the waist), HA, etc. Does every Dr. in your city run around with a speculum in hand just hunting for "victims"? For crying out loud! The ONLY time a pelvic exam has been offered to me was at my OB/GYN office.
**"A lower back pain problem could be described in such a way as to indicate a nerve problem."
I have a pinched nerve in my back. My PCP recommended a neurologist not an OB/GYN. Could be I was extremely clear while describing the pain.
**"WOMEN WHO ABSTAIN FROM SEX AND NOT HAVING PROBLEMS DON'T NEED A PELVIC!!"
This is just sheer idiocy, Janice. Seeing a gynecologist at approx. age 18, even if she's a virgin, is still a wise idea. It's a good opportunity to discuss future sexual activity, and address questions about safe sex and contraception. There are lots of young girls whose mothers either don't or cannot educate them on these matters. The exam is also a good time to check and make sure that there are no EXISTING problems (Genetics can be a bi**h). If a girl has never had a pelvic, how does she know there's not already a problem? :idea: My mother found out I was sexually active at age 19 and drug my little butt to the Dr. It never occured to me that I needed to see one. But she had me checked for STD's, pregnancy, and had me put on BC pills. Afterwards, I realized how extremely important this exam would be for me, no matter how awkward, for the rest of my life. Oh, and I discovered I had a tipped uterus. Common, and not a big deal I know, but still interesting to me.
**"The stomach pain might be described in such a way as to blah, blah, blah."
Most women in their childbearing years (ESPECIALLY teens, 20's, 30's) c/o abdominal pain, should absolutely have a pelvic exam (with the possible exception of those with hx. of a hysterectomy). What if a woman isn't aware of a pregnancy, and that pain is due to an ectopic? If no pelvic is done, and it ruptures, the pt. dies. :( Abdominal pain could also indicate ovarian cysts or fibroids. Take endometriosis for example. Just a small list of symptoms to watch for (especially during menstruation): N/V, exhaustion, dizziness, lower backaches, irritable bowels, frequent infections, etc. Funny, but only one of those complaints is "below the waist", and it's not even the vagina!!! It is also possible to contract gonorrhea through oral sex. Go figure, symptoms can include a sore throat, and swollen glands. Point is, LOTS of general/vague symptoms can indicate a gynecological problem when you allow your doctor to do his/her job, and put the puzzle pieces together. Like it or not, most of them have more medical knowledge than you. If I go to my PCP for x,y, or z, and after assessing me decides it would be in my best interest to see my gynecologist, I can assure you I'll take his word for it. That doesn't make me gullible or vulnerable. It (hopefully) keeps me healthy. Oh, and even when my mother hits that over the hill age of 80, I pray to God she'll still see her doctor. How dare you suggest that just because a woman is elderly, that her family should just allow her health to go to hell and let her die. Is that how you feel about your mother, sister, grandmother? I doubt it. Out of all the statements you've made, that one makes my top ten list for most ignorant.
Finally, in total, complete seriousness, I have to wonder if you have been the victim of a sexual assault or improper conduct by A doctor. If so, please don't assume that all OB/GYNs are 'perverts' searching for 'victims' to practice their 'medical rape' procedures on. They are professionals who devote their careers to the well-being of women and their babies. Either way, I implore you to seek psychiatric help. You are in definite need of it. BTW, speculums are not a part of their practice. But, beware of hypnotism! You're under their complete control! :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Janice, do you actually know anything about medicine at all?

Have you ever heard of referred pain? Where it hurts may not necessarily be where the problem is!

You do understand that the people who have answered this thread have a great deal of knowledge, while you have seemingly none other than vague ideas.

There are alot of dead women who didn't do the right thing, and go and get a pelvic. Cervical cancer is preventable... it's just too easy! And by the way, pathologists and pathology technicians are by and large very skilled people who do great work. To say they get it wrong most of the time is unmitigated bull****.

You think I get my kicks from doing pelvics or something? I don't know how anyone could think doing a pelvic on a 40 year old woman, feeling an ovary the size of an orange, and then telling her and her husband that she has ovarian cancer is fun.

It's like beating your head against a wall...

Dear Janice...
Appendicitis is not typically diagnosed by x-ray. Maybe, and I say maybe a CT scan. But even in negative CT scans with the right symptoms and physical exam will still warrant appendectomy. Besides, if a woman comes in complaining of right lower quandrant pain, has a negative HCG and right sided tenderness on pelvic exam, most surgeons will go to the OR, and save the extra 500 dollars on a CT.

By the way, sciatica doesn't cause back pain, it causes leg pain, and I'm 100% certain no doctor would even recommend a pelvic exam for sciatica.

Also, I'm sure you know this, being the great pseudo-doctor of the forum, not all pain is necessarily descriptive of a specific disease. The pain suggestive of ulcer that you mention could easily just be epigastric pain caused by peri-capsular inflammation of the liver, which sometimes occurs with pelvic inflammatory disease, which I'm sure you know, is diagnosed through a pelvic exam.

See, I've often said, a little bit of knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge at all. The more I learn, the more questions I have, yet you seem to have it all figured out with only a small amount of knowledge. Get you MD, then we'll talk.

hi Old MD,

You call Janice an adolescent troll..

why on earth do you think you have the nerve to say this and then even dare to claim that you are a doc and all doctors! are people who are concerned with their patients and only want the best for them?

Because this feels as a total attack to your blown up ego, the only option for you is to depict those who dare to stand up for themselves as crazy, abnormal etc..

This proofs that there is reason to believe that what you gyns do, is not so good and necessary as you people make us believe. If you would be really concerned with your patients, you would listen to them, try to empathize with them, without condemning what they feel, but instead you get totally
freaked out and you do not want to hear about it.

With Heather you have found the solution, someone who describes a 'normal pelvic exam' as barbaric and traumatizing must have been sexually traumatized, and in this case, she has been traumatized , so you think you have found your argument to say that these feelings are abnormal for women to have during a gyn exam.

Well guess what, the only sexual trauma I had experienced in my life was when I visited a gynecologist.
I didn't even had a speculum inserted, but I had to lay in the most humiliating position a human being (and especially a woman) can ever be and this was already horrible enough to me!

I fully agree with Heather, that there is no reason to do yearly pelvic checkups on healthy women, and I do not need no preventive care and it is true that they do not do any preventive care on other parts of our body.

You say that this can be necessary for people who have certain diseases running in their family, but this is not the case when ALL women are pushed to have a yearly gyn exam. So stop using arguments that are totally out of the question.

And remember this: people are boss over their own bodies, you have no right to force them to submit to any type of exam.

You see, Janice and Heather are not alone, first it was only Janice , then it was Heather , now I say the same stuff: do you have the guts to call me abnormal and crazy as well?

I bet you'll feel so terribly stepped on your sensitive toes, that you will find a way to depict me as some crazy lyer or whatever anyway..

yes childbirth is a form of rape like how it is performed in hospitals
and yes it is because giving birth is actually something very sexual, babies come out of women their sexual private parts and that women feel raped when they deliver their baby with doctors penetrating them etc etc(you know all very well how it goes) they sure feel raped, and here are some other women who say the same:

http://www.birthlove.com/free/rape_complimentary.html
http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/ob.htm
http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/doityourself.htm

This one was just too easy :)

asherah said:
hi Old MD,
..This proofs that there is reason to believe that what you gyns do, is not so good and necessary as you people make us believe. If you would be really concerned with your patients, you would listen to them, try to empathize with them, without condemning what they feel, but instead you get totally
freaked out and you do not want to hear about it.

Uhm, I guess you weren't aware of the fact that he's not a physician on these boards. He's a person, and he's free to express his opinions. Just because he's a physician at work doesn't mean you have some great right to expect him to behave and treat you and everyone else like patients when he comes home, gets on the internet, and reads people talking about stuff they know next to nothing about. Janice isn't his patient. Neither are you. He could curse you both out up and down this forum, walk into work the next day, and still be the nicest and most caring individual on the planet. You have no knowledge otherwise.

asherah said:
With Heather you have found the solution, someone who describes a 'normal pelvic exam' as barbaric and traumatizing must have been sexually traumatized, and in this case, she has been traumatized , so you think you have found your argument to say that these feelings are abnormal for women to have during a gyn exam.

Well guess what, the only sexual trauma I had experienced in my life was when I visited a gynecologist.
I didn't even had a speculum inserted, but I had to lay in the most humiliating position a human being (and especially a woman) can ever be and this was already horrible enough to me!

Life isn't one continuous orgasm, lady. A lot of the time, it's unpleasant. We all go through stuff that sucks ass, so please don't come here and whine about how being in stirrups with your legs spread was traumatic and the most humiliating position you could have ever been in and how horrible it was. If you're that out of touch with reality, by all means, skip the GYN. Don't go. It's really that simple. But, no; it seems as if you enjoy being the victim. It must take up so much of your time and thoughts, what would you do if you didn't have something like this to feel raped by and whine incessantly about?

asherah said:
I fully agree with Heather, that there is no reason to do yearly pelvic checkups on healthy women, and I do not need no preventive care and it is true that they do not do any preventive care on other parts of our body.

Main Entry: gy?ne?col?o?gy
: a branch of medicine that deals with the diseases and routine physical care of the reproductive system of women

Hmm, now why wouldn't a gynecologist be doing preventative care on your throat and lungs... That's a hard one, maybe because it isn't his/her area of practice?

But seriously, it's great to know that you know your body well enough to know that you 'don't need no preventative care' [sic]. You must have the same amazing abilities as the 60 year old man who came into clinic today with failing kidneys but balked at the mention of such and said that he "had these jewels under control just fine; ain't nothin wrong with them." He's looking at dialysis, now.

asherah said:
You say that this can be necessary for people who have certain diseases running in their family, but this is not the case when ALL women are pushed to have a yearly gyn exam. So stop using arguments that are totally out of the question.
I don't know what your experience is in dealing with the bureaucracy of a large group of people (say, an entire country?). Here's a hint: It's called 'standardized care.' Bodies of experts decide what the standard of care should be for the average woman, and that is what they practice. Physicians aren't God, and they don't have individualized practices for every different person that walks through the door. "Oh, there's Miss Rose; my ability to see into the future tells me that she isn't at risk for X, Y, and Z, so I'll skip such and such." Hmm, nope, that doesn't happen. They consider everyone at risk, because everyone is. No matter how small of a risk, it's still there. They operate from the (apparently incorrect) assumption that women, knowing there is a risk, would want to make sure (and be reassured) that everything is fine.

asherah said:
And remember this: people are boss over their own bodies, you have no right to force them to submit to any type of exam.

*Clap* That's why you don't go to the doctor if you don't want to. No one is forcing you; if you feel like you're being forced, you should go talk to a therapist. When it's time for your appointment, all you have to do is stay home.

asherah said:
You see, Janice and Heather are not alone, first it was only Janice , then it was Heather , now I say the same stuff: do you have the guts to call me abnormal and crazy as well?

You said it, not me. :D

asherah said:
I bet you'll feel so terribly stepped on your sensitive toes, that you will find a way to depict me as some crazy lyer or whatever anyway..

I don't feel in any way stepped on, I just feel like you're out of touch with reality. Just because you perceive something to exist in a certain fashion does not mean that is the reality of said something. The only part of this post that I actually intended to respond to was your attempt to bash OldMD for not acting like a physician and treating you all with the respect a patient deserves on these boards. That's crap, he's not your doctor. Sorry. And the fact that you would then proceed to try and generalize all OB/GYNs based on his post as being one way or another is really disturbing. Jesus christ.

The rest of it was just for entertainment. :D

And it's "liar."

asherah said:
yes childbirth is a form of rape like how it is performed in hospitals
and yes it is because giving birth is actually something very sexual, babies come out of women their sexual private parts and that women feel raped when they deliver their baby with doctors penetrating them etc etc(you know all very well how it goes) they sure feel raped, and here are some other women who say the same:

http://www.birthlove.com/free/rape_complimentary.html
http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/ob.htm
http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/doityourself.htm

Okay, now I'll say it.
You're crazy. :laugh:
*Passes the popcorn*

to Janice:

I want to say that I fully agree with you, and I think you are a brave and intelligent woman that you don't give up the fight against these complete idiot childish bullies.

This is how men always have made themselves feel stronger: by pulling women down.
And when they are after all these generations enough brainwashed, they even get the support of the majority of women, but when one or few alert women even dares to stand up for themselves, they are depicted as crazy, abnormal, malehaters...

Because there are only a few women who are brave enough to do something about this injusticy, men can easily call them malehaters as they are in a minority, thus preventing that other women go along with them.

What do you think it is to stand alone as a woman against all these womenhaters ?

To the men here: be a brave and a real man, and start respecting women.
Your anger and longing to dominate women stems from the fact that you have this deeply rooted jealousy towards women who have the privilige to give life to both sexes on her own and even have the same brains as you have(she even uses it more properly)

asherah said:
to Janice:

I want to say that I fully agree with you, and I think you are a brave and intelligent woman that you don't give up the fight against these complete idiot childish bullies.

This is how men always have made themselves feel stronger: by pulling women down.
And when they are after all these generations enough brainwashed, they even get the support of the majority of women, but when one or few alert women even dares to stand up for themselves, they are depicted as crazy, abnormal, malehaters...

Because there are only a few women who are brave enough to do something about this injusticy, men can easily call them malehaters as they are in a minority, thus preventing that other women go along with them.

What do you think it is to stand alone as a woman against all these womenhaters ?

Your anger and longing to dominate women stems from the fact that you have this deeply rooted jealousy towards women who have the privilige to give life to both sexes on her own and even have the same brains as you have(she even uses it more properly)

Honey, please. I'm a gay male, I don't want anything to do with giving birth to a child, don't want children, and I certainly don't want to be anywhere near dominating a woman. :D

Again, great job with trying to generalize every male based on a three-second observation of one or two posts on a single online forum. That's certainly accurate. I'm sure you're 100% dead-on. :)

You completely ignore the fact that you don't have to go. It's 100% your decision. It's just more fun for you to feel like you have a cause to rally against, I guess, so you'll pretend like you're being forced into some horrible
'injusticy' [sic].

It always makes me happy when someone finds that he/she is unable to actually argue his/her side, and the arguement degenerates into some "you're a male, you hate women and want to dominate them" crap. No one was being anti-female, or sexist, except for you. What a warped perspective to have. No one here is painting women to be delicate, helpless, unrespectable creatures who should be forced into having a pelvic. You'd like us to do that, but we aren't. There are even women posting to say that your claims are erroneous, and of course, you'll ignore those or try and add them to the male comments as "brainwashed." If they disagree with you, they must be brainwashed and must hate women, right?

We don't really care if you go in for your pelvic or not. I'll say it again, you do NOT have to go. It is your choice. What we do care about is the fact that you claim that it isn't a choice, and then try and say all OB/GYNs are rapists for forcing you. That's ludicrous. Take a step back and look at that realistically; it's absolutely ludicrous.

The notion that you're being 'forced' paints the picture of some fragile, 3' tall, crying waif of a women, begging for mercy. A victim. That's what you want yourself to be, a victim. No one here is making you out to be one, because we really don't care. No one wants to force you to go have a pelvic, because we really don't care. Do what you want, it's your choice.

You're not a victim. Sorry, but you're not. It's utter crap that you're trying to make it seem like you are just so that anyone who disagrees with you can be made out to be a domineering brainwashed rapist. If you want to argue, do it correctly. Post facts, people will respond to them, you respond to those, etc. Don't throw your hands up and start whining and crying, ignoring everyone's posts, huddle yourself in a corner with the other one who agrees with you (there has to be that one person who agrees with you!), cover your ears, and start saying "La, la la la la la!" People take the time to respond thoughtfully to your posts, and you're completely disrespectful and rude by not even bothering to listen. We listen and try to respond to your ideas (however warped and ludicrous), and it's COURTEOUS of you to extend the same. But it's so much easier for you to pretend like you're on the receiving end of horrible treatment from guys who want to 'dominate' you, isn't it? Afterall, if you do that, you can't ever be wrong, because you never even have to defend your side or argue a point. . .it will always come down to the fact that you're being 'mistreated.' Bullllllllllllllll****ing****.

No one here is trying to "pull you down," and I can turn that little point around on you by saying that this is how FEMENAZI women have tried to make themselves feel above everyone; by trying to make every male out to be a disgusting rapist pig. Give me a break, you're living in the past.

The bottom line here is that no one CARES what you do.
You can stay home from your GYN visits and die of cervical cancer and I won't lose any sleep over it. Seriously, it's your choice. DON'T GO.

But while you're at home, don't waste our time by coming on here and calling us rapists because we help the women who DO care about themselves and DO want preventative care to maintain a certain level of health and peace-of-mind. That's THEIR choice. Not yours. Deal with it.

Drakensoul said:
Okay, now I'll say it.
You're crazy. :laugh:
*Passes the popcorn*

You're even crazier! :laugh:

Oh sweet jesus...

Here I am doing my ob/gyn rotation, and i've forgotten to give the women a neuro exam, lung function, hearing test, etc... I guess I should've done those bone density studies during my anaes/pain man rotations...

Lemme tell you a little secret. The pain of a pelvic isn't nearly as bad as cervical cancer! Yes, that little bit of pain will save you from alot of pain later.

Listen, I don't give a **** what you think about gynaecologists. I really don't. You can call them rapists, etc... that's fine. Just keep it to yourself. I hope that nobody else is crazy enough to listen to your bizzare utterings. What we do has been proven in study after study...

asherah said:
to Janice:

Uhhhhh . . . . Janice/asherah . . . . if you wanted to talk to yourself, couldn't you have done it at home and not though a computer forum?

Sorry . . . saw too many similarities in the posts, 'proofs' instead of 'proves' got me thinking. Then aserah only signed on in the last day or two. Same style of writing, same arguements. Janice needed a 'sister in arms', so created one herself . . . .

IdiotBoxen said:
Oh sweet jesus...

Here I am doing my ob/gyn rotation, and i've forgotten to give the women a neuro exam, lung function, hearing test, etc... I guess I should've done those bone density studies during my anaes/pain man rotations...

Lemme tell you a little secret. The pain of a pelvic isn't nearly as bad as cervical cancer! Yes, that little bit of pain will save you from alot of pain later.

Listen, I don't give a **** what you think about gynaecologists. I really don't. You can call them rapists, etc... that's fine. Just keep it to yourself. I hope that nobody else is crazy enough to listen to your bizzare utterings. What we do has been proven in study after study...

The pain associated with the exams, to say nothing of the treatment (rude, degrading etc), of the patient is the reason so many women don't bother having the exams in the first place. You're not saving every woman's life doing the exam either. There doesn't have to be any pain, not even a little bit when doing the exam. There are doctors who cause no pain at all. They can examine virgins with little or no discomfort.

The mentality used by the male gyno doctors stink. They know it and they don't care. So we women don't care what they think when we refuse the exam from them, when we have no need of it and certainly don't want it. The male doctor isn't doing a woman any favors doing a exam she doesn't want or need.

chopper said:
Uhhhhh . . . . Janice/asherah . . . . if you wanted to talk to yourself, couldn't you have done it at home and not though a computer forum?

Sorry . . . saw too many similarities in the posts, 'proofs' instead of 'proves' got me thinking. Then aserah only signed on in the last day or two. Same style of writing, same arguements. Janice needed a 'sister in arms', so created one herself . . . .

Concern yourself with any stupid spelling/grammar errors you want. As long as you get an understanding with a woman who happens to reject your unnecessary and unwanted pelvic exam. As long as you know she's not playing when she tells you "forget it".

No, Janice errr... asherah errr... Janice.... yeah...

It just seems to be you that disagrees, virtually every single woman that's posted here has agreed the value of the pelvic exam... Everyone understands the need for preventative care.

Oh well.

asherah said:
to Janice:

Sorry, I didn't realize I was subjugated by the men around here. Now that Janice/Asherah has pointed this out to me maybe I can break my bonds of stupidity and become an alert brave woman like her. Bye bye gynecologist/professional rapist! :smuggrin:

Janice said:
The pain associated with the exams, to say nothing of the treatment (rude, degrading etc), of the patient is the reason so many women don't bother having the exams in the first place. You're not saving every woman's life doing the exam either. There doesn't have to be any pain, not even a little bit when doing the exam. There are doctors who cause no pain at all. They can examine virgins with little or no discomfort.

The mentality used by the male gyno doctors stink. They know it and they don't care. So we women don't care what they think when we refuse the exam from them, when we have no need of it and certainly don't want it. The male doctor isn't doing a woman any favors doing a exam she doesn't want or need.
Pain with a pelvic exam? I've had at least 10-12 in my lifetime and have NEVER experienced pain! Discomfort....maybe. But I understand that anytime an object is inserted into my vagina up to the cervix, it's not going to be an orgasmic experience! Virgins undergoing the exam? :confused: Make up your mind! Approximately 9 out of 10 times you respond on here, it's to emphatically claim that virgins shouldn't even be OFFERED the exam, much less have one! According to you, gynecologists shouldn't even be allowed within 500 yards of them! The 'mentality' of my PREFERRED MALE OB/GYN stinks so badly that I continue to go back to him year after year after year.... Geez, he forces me to make my appt. and if I don't show up by God, he finds me, and kicking and screaming I am forced into his stirrups so he can have his way with me! The 'male doctor' isn't doing women favors by performing an exam she doesn't want or need? I supposed only the 'female kind' are capable of that! For God's sake, lady, if you don't want annual exams then by all means sit at home and rot in peace by yourself! Self treat your UTI's, yeast infections, ovarian CA, endometriosis, etc.! Nobody here gives a damn what you do, as long as you don't do it in their office or hospital! You/Asherah, have thrown around the rape word more than I can bear. Have either of you ever been TRULY raped? Ever been thrown down, had a hand cover your mouth to muffle the screams, had your clothes ripped off of you? Have you ever had to endure lying beneath a 200lb man, sweating and groaning and clawing at your body like some wild animal? Ever had anybody hold your wrists together so tightly you thought they would break, and then have a penis shoved into you over and over again? If not then you need to shut the f**k up! You have no clue as to what it's like to be truly raped unless you have been the victim of what I have described above! I don't consider having a doctor put two fingers into my vagina during an examination that I initiated invasive, sexual, or brutal! Instead of spending your precious time at the local bowling alley or surfing the web to find a bunch of nutjobs to claim that giving birth was comparable with rape, perhaps it would be more meaningful to go to your local bookstore and buy a book about womens healthcare and obtain at least SOME smidgen of knowledge about this subject of which you so righteously proclaim to know so much about! Otherwise, let this thread die in peace, and spare the rest of us from your obscene, warped, and psychotic opinions! And do yourself a favor. Find a qualified therapist who is capable of prescribing you with some high doses of Haldol, Lithium, or Prozac! I assure you, you need it!!!!
May you rot in peace Janice!!!

Drakensoul said:
Life isn't one continuous orgasm, lady. A lot of the time, it's unpleasant. We all go through stuff that sucks ass, so please don't come here and whine about how being in stirrups with your legs spread was traumatic and the most humiliating position you could have ever been in and how horrible it was. If you're that out of touch with reality, by all means, skip the GYN. Don't go. It's really that simple. But, no; it seems as if you enjoy being the victim. It must take up so much of your time and thoughts, what would you do if you didn't have something like this to feel raped by and whine incessantly about?

Offcourse you as a man knows very well what it is to be spreaded in stirrups, you all go through it as you say! :rolleyes:

Listen, all of my female friends are disgusted by these stirrups, and there is no need to use them, boy. It's only for your convenience.

If you as a physian or medstudent just wave away everything that doesn't fit in your stall, you have some serious problems with yourself as a doctor.

A doctor who is truly concerned with his/her patients tries to emphatize with them instead of starting a battle. Having understanding is a sign of intelligence, b.t.w.
You don't even try to understand, you just walk over it.

Drakensoul said:
Main Entry: gy?ne?col?o?gy
: a branch of medicine that deals with the diseases and routine physical care of the reproductive system of women

Hmm, now why wouldn't a gynecologist be doing preventative care on your throat and lungs... That's a hard one, maybe because it isn't his/her area of practice?

Drakensoul, how clever of you to have noticed! can you give even more desperate arguments?

Drakensoul said:
I don't know what your experience is in dealing with the bureaucracy of a large group of people (say, an entire country?). Here's a hint: It's called 'standardized care.' Bodies of experts decide what the standard of care should be for the average woman, and that is what they practice. Physicians aren't God, and they don't have individualized practices for every different person that walks through the door. "Oh, there's Miss Rose; my ability to see into the future tells me that she isn't at risk for X, Y, and Z, so I'll skip such and such." Hmm, nope, that doesn't happen. They consider everyone at risk, because everyone is. No matter how small of a risk, it's still there. They operate from the (apparently incorrect) assumption that women, knowing there is a risk, would want to make sure (and be reassured) that everything is fine.

You need to understand that the body can not be seperated of the mind.
If patients need to staple negative emotions over and over again to prevent them of having cancer, then you have no understanding of the laws of nature at all, because negative emotions can actually lead to cancer, and if this is what you were trying to prevent,then you're on the wrong track.

Not only the dreadfull pelvic exams are harmfull to a woman her psyche, also the constant anxiety that is put in their heads of having to let them examine over and over again on a part of their body that shouldn't be treated like a weak organ that needs to be controlled all the time.

By the way, physicians who think that everything can be proven with science, don't think they are God, they are putting themselves above God. And conclusions drawn out of statistics are not always the right conclusions, which scientists themselves admit every 10/20 years when ideas about a certain issue have been 'proven' to be just the other way around.

Drakensoul said:
*Clap* That's why you don't go to the doctor if you don't want to. No one is forcing you; if you feel like you're being forced, you should go talk to a therapist. When it's time for your appointment, all you have to do is stay home.

I don't go to the gyn for unnecessary reasons, but if I would have a real gynecological problem, I would be forced to undergo some humiliating processes, which are traumatizing yes, like stirrups for example, not to mention the whole degrading view on women that the air in a gyn room is filled with.
That's another reason why these issues need to be discussed.

Drakensoul said:
I don't feel in any way stepped on, I just feel like you're out of touch with reality.

Oooh no, offcourse you don't feel stepped on your toes,otherwise you wouldn't be responding so heavily as if your life was depending on it! :scared:

Offcourse, as a male gyn you must be completely in touch with the reality of what your female patients go through!
I bet that's why you think it's ok to submit them in the stirrups. Those whiners of women can't always have their way, can they?

Drakensoul said:
Just because you perceive something to exist in a certain fashion does not mean that is the reality of said something. The only part of this post that I actually intended to respond to was your attempt to bash OldMD for not acting like a physician and treating you all with the respect a patient deserves on these boards. That's crap, he's not your doctor. Sorry. And the fact that you would then proceed to try and generalize all OB/GYNs based on his post as being one way or another is really disturbing. Jesus christ.

It does not matter whether I am someones patient or not on this board. I am talking from the perspective of a patient as I am in real life sometimes a patient and you and others are physicians or are about to be.
This is not an individual case, it's an issue that comprises the whole mentality in gynecology and the classical med industry in general.
That's what we are discussing here and if you are not open to it on this board, you will not be open to it in your own practice. So stop reacting like a wounded wild animal, you are only putting yourself against the wall.

hi guys,

no I am not the same person as Janice, but if that's the only way you can deal with it because you get too scared that there might be other women as well who think the same way about this as Janice, so be it.

For those who can't give arguments on WHAT I have to say, but instead nag about spelling errors: English is not my mother tongue, I already have to do enough efforts to explain what I want to say in English.

asherah said:
Blah blah blah blah blah

I haven't acted like a wounded anything, nor have I put myself up against any kind of a wall. Some of us are fluent enough with language that we can convey our thoughts in text form with little effort. I'm flattered that you take it as me posting 'as if my life depended on it.'

You've made absolutely no sense, and all of your statements only proceeded to further blanket-statement and generalize not only 'all women,' but 'all men' and 'all physicians' as well, which is really sad. :D

You want to feel like a victim, and you want to feel like you're being 'forced' into situations. Otherwise you have nothing to scream 'injusticy!! [sic]' about and rally against. That's your problem, no one elses. Let me guess, this is the one aspect of your life that you can actually control. You don't feel like you have control over anything else, so here's where you latch on and go all out balls-to-the-wall.

Sorry, no, you won't ever be forced to undergo anything in a GYN office. It's your choice whether or not you even go.

And, no, I don't feel in any way stepped on. As I said, just because I can post using semi-decent English as opposed to your migraine-inducing jargon doesn't mean I've expended any more effort than you did, or that I even really care. I don't. :)

But that statement just proved that you are not, in fact, willing to listen to anyone else's side on the matter. We actually take the time to respond because as people who went into this field to help others, it is unfathomable to us that some strange person on the internet who doesn't have a clue what she's talking about has decided that we're all rapists. It has nothing to do with feeling "stepped on." Again, I suspect that's what you want: to inflame everyone. It has to do with the fact that you really don't have a clue what you're talking about. No where near 'all women' feel raped by their doctors, and this isn't because they have 'no respect for themselves,' which is just insulting, arrogant, and presumptuous of you. You're not that smart/telepathic. Doctors (for the most part, 99% of the time) don't do what they do because they want to dominate you. Your vagina isn't that interesting; especially when they *have* to see 35+ a day. They're actually pretty nasty. People have given many arguements to your points, you just glaze right over them and respond only to the stuff that you can continue repeating the same tired rhetoric to. You especially skip the ones where other women are posting saying they don't have any problem with male GYNs, to whom your only attempt at response is "they have no respect for themselves."

But, yeah, keep pretending like you know what you're talking about. Keep making fallacious blanket-statements about every group of people you can think of, and keep acting like you know exactly why everyone acts they way he or she does.

Keep being judgemental, and pretending like you can tell everyone on this board that he or she is a bad student/doctor because of the way he posts, even though no one here is posting as any station other than a person, and therefore has no obligation to be nice or caring toward you at all.

Keep pretending like you're a "victim," forced into going to these horrible visits and into undergoing these exams by these physicians of whom you believe you know exactly what they're thinking (they want to rape you) and why they do everything they do (when in reality, you have absolutely no clue).

Pretend all you want, because we're all aware of the reality. :)

Hmm, I wonder what your responses would be were I to post a thread saying how disgusting I find it that females are allowed in urology, because it's obviously an attempt for them to feel like they have power over men, dominate them, and get to rape them; feeling all over the male genetalia. Afterall, that is what all women really want to do. ;)

Fortunately for the planet, nothing like this, and nothing like what you'd love so much to happen (female-only GYNs) will ever occur. Equality in the sexes; we've been working toward it for a long time, and society won't allow people like you to shove it back a hundred years.

This post was the result of extreme boredom.
The poster doesn't give a rats ass what you do with your vagina.
Thank you, have a nice day.

thank you for your response,Drakensoul, I hope every single woman will read it so she can see what a disrespectfull child you really are .
Every intelligent person can see right through your so called good intentions towards women, this doesn't need any further explanation.

P.S.: I already said in another posting that English is not my native language, thank you very much for your understanding!

asherah said:
thank you for your response,Drakensoul, I hope every single woman will read it so she can see what a disrespectfull child you really are .
Every intelligent person can see right through your so called good intentions towards women, this doesn't need any further explanation.

P.S.: I already said in another posting that English is not my native language, thank you very much for your understanding!

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you don't know me at all. But you do love to make everything out to be some horrible attack on women, don't you? :D For the three-hundredth time, I'm under no obligation to treat you in any particular way. It has nothing to do with you being a woman, and you're certainly -not- my patient. Right now you're just a troll, and any 'intelligent' person is free to make his or her own determination.

More of your "blah blah blah blah, I can't really respond to anything so I'll just turn it into a 'man hates woman' sherrade." Sorry, I don't give women special treatment. I'd respond the same way if a guy were being a *****.

Grr when will this damn thread give me 100+ posts! :luck:

Oetzi1286 said:
Pain with a pelvic exam? I've had at least 10-12 in my lifetime and have NEVER experienced pain! Discomfort....maybe. But I understand that anytime an object is inserted into my vagina up to the cervix, it's not going to be an orgasmic experience! Virgins undergoing the exam? :confused: Make up your mind! Approximately 9 out of 10 times you respond on here, it's to emphatically claim that virgins shouldn't even be OFFERED the exam, much less have one! According to you, gynecologists shouldn't even be allowed within 500 yards of them! The 'mentality' of my PREFERRED MALE OB/GYN stinks so badly that I continue to go back to him year after year after year.... Geez, he forces me to make my appt. and if I don't show up by God, he finds me, and kicking and screaming I am forced into his stirrups so he can have his way with me! The 'male doctor' isn't doing women favors by performing an exam she doesn't want or need? I supposed only the 'female kind' are capable of that! For God's sake, lady, if you don't want annual exams then by all means sit at home and rot in peace by yourself! Self treat your UTI's, yeast infections, ovarian CA, endometriosis, etc.! Nobody here gives a damn what you do, as long as you don't do it in their office or hospital! You/Asherah, have thrown around the rape word more than I can bear. Have either of you ever been TRULY raped? Ever been thrown down, had a hand cover your mouth to muffle the screams, had your clothes ripped off of you? Have you ever had to endure lying beneath a 200lb man, sweating and groaning and clawing at your body like some wild animal? Ever had anybody hold your wrists together so tightly you thought they would break, and then have a penis shoved into you over and over again? If not then you need to shut the f**k up! You have no clue as to what it's like to be truly raped unless you have been the victim of what I have described above! I don't consider having a doctor put two fingers into my vagina during an examination that I initiated invasive, sexual, or brutal! Instead of spending your precious time at the local bowling alley or surfing the web to find a bunch of nutjobs to claim that giving birth was comparable with rape, perhaps it would be more meaningful to go to your local bookstore and buy a book about womens healthcare and obtain at least SOME smidgen of knowledge about this subject of which you so righteously proclaim to know so much about! Otherwise, let this thread die in peace, and spare the rest of us from your obscene, warped, and psychotic opinions! And do yourself a favor. Find a qualified therapist who is capable of prescribing you with some high doses of Haldol, Lithium, or Prozac! I assure you, you need it!!!!
May you rot in peace Janice!!!

And this from another woman. :laugh:
Careful, Oetzi, I bet you only think like this because you have no respect for yourself. :rolleyes:

Anyway, amen. Die, thread, die! :D

I'm going to chime in, not as a medical student, but as a *gasp* straight, single woman. I had Pap smears and pelvic exams while I was a virgin, and I still have them every year now that I'm not. I have had abnormal cells found during said Pap smears, and guess what...I was a virgin at the time. Thankfully, I was fine, but it did impress on me the importance of having yearly exams, even when I wasn't sexually active and the only major thing I was at risk for was PID b/c of tampon use. I was never sexually molested during an exam. True, no woman wakes up giddy saying "I get to have my Pap smear today! What joy! What bliss!" but it's one of those things that you do. It's the same as going to the dentist; not pleasant, but something you do for good health. It's been said before, but no one is holding a gun to your head and telling any woman to have an exam. If you don't want one, then don't have one. But don't blame your doctor when you're diagnosed with cervical cancer when it's too late to do anything about it. You're right about one thing; you are in control. So don't get the exam if you don' t want it. And don't presume to speak for all women. Some of us will take a few minutes of discomfort a year if it means a lifetime of gynecological health. If you would rather have undiagnosed cervical CA, well, it's your cervix. Just don't presume to know what I want to do with my cervix.

asherah, just a warning because you are not a native speaker and may not have used the word you meant. You cheapen the word rape when you use it to describe childbirth, and you cheapen the experiences of other men and women who actually been raped or have been sexually abused. Discomfort during a gynecological exam is not the same thing as the mental, physical, and emotional trauma that comes with rape.

Sweet Tea said:
asherah, just a warning because you are not a native speaker and may not have used the word you meant. You cheapen the word rape when you use it to describe childbirth, and you cheapen the experiences of other men and women who actually been raped or have been sexually abused. Discomfort during a gynecological exam is not the same thing as the mental, physical, and emotional trauma that comes with rape.

Sweet Tea, I was referring to childbirth in hospitals, not childbirth in general.
to say it in the words of a native English speaker (Claire T. Porter)who thinks the same about it as I do: "As with all types of abuse, competitions among individuals or groups to determine who has been abused the most and the worst derail the discussion and diminish more nuanced understandings about the nature of the abuse."

Status
Not open for further replies.