What car you drive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VictorOfHungerGames

May the odds be ever in your favor
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had an off day and got bored. Lol. What kind of cars do yall drive? Thinking about getting a new car. Accord vs Camry? Or something else? Go.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 2018 camry. It's pretty good except no android auto. Toyota has there own entune software which is garbage. They did add apple carplay though for 2019.

Reactions: 1 users
1981 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme. It’s got a tape deck.

Yea I don’t give a ****

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
08 Honda Accord Coupe with clear coat peeling off on the top. Car still has 10 yrs life on it. By then, the tech for my future self driving car will be perfected and in mass production.

Reactions: 1 user
Had an off day and got bored. Lol. What kind of cars do yall drive? Thinking about getting a new car. Accord vs Camry? Or something else? Go.

Go with the Camry man. my mid 2000s still running like a champ.

1981 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme. It’s got a tape deck.

Yea I don’t give a ****

Pics or it didnt happen. /joking

Get a BMW or something. You make like top 10%ile income at least. Reward yourself

I downgraded when I moved to Hawaii. Now I’m rocking this:

upload_2019-2-26_19-13-58.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
I drive a BMW 4 series convertible or so I wish

2018 Chevrolet Equinox AWD. After last winter I had to get AWD. This winter one storm of note in the area. But this sucker is really nice. Panoramic sun roof. Safety features out the wazoo. The infotainment system is tops with Android Auto, Wifi hot-spot, On-Star and Sirius XM. The My Chevrolet App is great for remote start. It has a great ride and plenty of room for passengers. So far am getting 26 mpg in mixed driving. A. It's pretty peppy for a 4 cylinder.

And it isn't bad looking either:

2018-Chevrolet-Equinox-Summit-White.jpeg

And before you snicker about American cars the latest JD Power rankings show Chevy at #4 and this is not the initial quality study this is the study on 3 year old cars so the 2016 is the latest model year. Better than Honda, Nissan, Acura or BMW

Whatever car you get. Check your owners manual about top tier fuel. If you drive:

• Audi
  • BMW
  • Detroit Diesel
  • GM
  • FCA
  • Ford
  • Honda
  • Mercedes-Benz
  • Navistar
  • Toyota
  • VW
You should use Top- Tier Fuel

Members don't see this ad :)
‘14 Ram 1500 (SLT) 4x4 Crew Cab...Big enough for wife and kids and good to get to my off-road fishing/hunting spots and haul loads across the state in the winter time.

Actually just installed a 2.5” lift and 35s terrain tires with an automatic-self-dropping running board with led lights. Yea, I sacrificed fuel economy for the backwoods.

D6C3DBDC-631D-4BBF-9EFC-7D2E0A6EFD5A.jpeg
0B59CA37-2B88-49F0-BE18-3270B6768541.jpeg
708568BB-E4C6-46E3-B620-139C479DB6E0.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users
Plain old 2010 Toyota Camry as a hand me down from my wife as she's bought into the replacement cycle and I generally have no enjoyment from driving here. Oil, gas, and fairly limited maintenance, it's a pleasure to drive for me. Wife drives an GS nowadays that will be my next car. I think she's interested in another Lexus and might want to go even more insane with the LS (trying to convince her not to on size grounds).

I still have my used 1998 Supra at my parents' home that was my youthful indiscretion buying it at a government auction for basically nothing, because you had to entirely replace the upholstery, and they don't make cars with that balance of solid engineering and irresponsible handling anymore.

My first car was a 95 Camry. That sucker ran up to 270k miles and then it got hit. Still drove itself onto the tow truck but because it was so old, it got totaled out.

09 Accord with like 165k miles. Used to have a '94 manual, wish I kept it!

2016 Tundra Crewmax bought as brand new. It made me realize how much I hate making payments. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

2008 Mercury Sable
2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Both bought 3 years old. Only suckers buy new. I appreciate them taking the depreciation hit.

Reactions: 4 users
2008 Mercury Sable
2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Both bought 3 years old. Only suckers buy new. I appreciate them taking the depreciation hit.
For cars like that, that's definitely true. Not true for Audi, BMW, and Mercedes. Only an idiot would buy a used one in that class.

2005 Toyota Camry that's been in an accident, the tail light is busted, and the protectant at the bottom drags on the ground and makes a scratching noise that catches everyone's attention. IDGAF. It's the first vetting process for dating - can you ride this ride?

Reactions: 3 users
Get a BMW or something. You make like top 10%ile income at least. Reward yourself
Slippery path to lose $1-2M in retirement. $120k is sh1t pay nowadays, we don't make 350k/yr like MDs.

Reactions: 2 users
2005 Toyota Camry that's been in an accident, the tail light is busted, and the protectant at the bottom drags on the ground and makes a scratching noise that catches everyone's attention. IDGAF. It's the first vetting process for dating - can you ride this ride?
Cut the plastic off, that's engine cover, you most likely don't need it. Or, you can replace it for $45.

Came here to see a s**tiest car competition. Was not disappointed.

Reactions: 13 users
2006 Ford F150 but I'm about to buy a Tesla Model 3

Reactions: 2 users
Plain old 2010 Toyota Camry as a hand me down from my wife as she's bought into the replacement cycle and I generally have no enjoyment from driving here. Oil, gas, and fairly limited maintenance, it's a pleasure to drive for me. Wife drives an GS nowadays that will be my next car. I think she's interested in another Lexus and might want to go even more insane with the LS (trying to convince her not to on size grounds).

I still have my used 1998 Supra at my parents' home that was my youthful indiscretion buying it at a government auction for basically nothing, because you had to entirely replace the upholstery, and they don't make cars with that balance of solid engineering and irresponsible handling anymore.

You know much a 1998 Twin turbo Supra is worth right?

Hopefully you won’t be driving your nice car to the unemployment line!

Am currently driving a genesis g80. Thought about trading it in for g70 or something cheaper. Anyone have a camry? How does that drive?

You know much a 1998 Twin turbo Supra is worth right?

Yes, I do. If I sold it today, I would make a 400% profit, I suppose (bought it for $18k and spent $4k with the overhaul). That was the hardest $22k I ever earned though, so I'm a bit sentimental about selling it. If I ever loved driving, it would be in that car. It's honestly the best sedan that Toyota ever made in the States, the Lexus LS not even holding a candle.

For like $600/month!!

You are a pharmacist. You don’t want your friends and family to think you are not doing well right?

You are a baller with $200 k in student loan! That is how you roll (at least until you returned the car to the dealership).

Reactions: 4 users

YOLO! Until you want to buy a house! That is when you discovered your lease (aka long term borrowing) and your monthly car payment caused your debt to income ratio to explode and therefore, you can’t get a mortgage. #adulting

Oh, and good luck refinancing your student loan to a lower interest rate. You may not qualify because of your car lease.

2006 Ford F150 but I'm about to buy a Tesla Model 3

Model 3?!? Are you cheap or something!? Go all the way to Model S, X! You have been a pharmacist for how many years now? You are not a new grad. You deserve it!

YOLO! Until you want to buy a house! That is when you discovered your lease (aka long term borrowing) and your monthly car payment caused your debt to income ratio to explode and therefore, you can’t get a mortgage. #adulting

Oh, and good luck refinancing your student loan to a lower interest rate. You may not qualify because of your car lease.

But you’ll look good in that lease while allowing your student loans to balloon toward 300k. Mortgage is over-rated..It’s cool living in the parents basement right?

A 2012 Ford Focus which needs new tires. The value on it is going to take a dive once it is discontinued. Its predecessor was a Saturn. At least Ford still exists.

Did the fun car thing for a while, but its not fun when youre making the payments.

2013 Prius, 2016 Tundra, 2003 PT GT Ive had since brand new

If we move abroad well rotate through our 90s dream car collection: Celicas, Evos, Land Cruisers, Prados
If we stay another hybrid and another truck

Model 3?!? Are you cheap or something!? Go all the way to Model S, X! You have been a pharmacist for how many years now? You are not a new grad. You deserve it!

Trust me I've thought about it but I just can't see myself spending $90k on a car. I'd rather get the 3 and put the difference into real estate.

A 2012 Ford Focus which needs new tires. The value on it is going to take a dive once it is discontinued. Its predecessor was a Saturn. At least Ford still exists.

Continental True Contact. Great tires. Just put them on my wife's car. The ride really improved....

You are a pharmacist. You don’t want your friends and family to think you are not doing well right?

You are a baller with $200 k in student loan! That is how you roll (at least until you returned the car to the dealership).

I ain't got student loans, brah. I'm upgrading to the c7 corvette next month.

I ain't got student loans, brah. I'm upgrading to the c7 corvette next month.
I had a pharmacist who was so proud of his corvette he told every techs if they want to see his car. He got fired shortly after. He moved to BFE and got a job there after 8 months of unemployment. He said he wiped out all of savings paying rent + car in HCOLA while looking for a job lol.

I should probably actively encourage other people to spend money on new cars and to spend, spend, spend while saving minimally. That makes my index funds go up and my selection of used cars cheaper in the future.

Last edited:

Currently in a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country. It's not much but it's mine and paid off. Right door doesn't open.

I always like driving busted up cars. I drove this one car that had been in a few accidents everything busted up, no front end, broken windows replaced with garbage bags. I felt like everyone on the road respected me and wouldn't cut me off because they thought "wow look at that guys car, he clearly doesn't give a &&&& about crashing into ppl I better respect his personal space on the road.

I had a pharmacist who was so proud of his corvette he told every techs if they want to see his car. He got fired shortly after. He moved to BFE and got a job there after 8 months of unemployment. He said he wiped out all of savings paying rent + car in HCOLA while looking for a job lol.
how do you get fired for just asking ppl if they wanna see your car? unless he was like hitting on female techs?