Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now. Secondary submitted 7/20

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II via email! Dates available August 25th or September 8th. Secondary submitted on 7/21

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary application on July 14th. However, my application status is still just listed as "Application Materials Received." I emailed admissions and they said it should be listed as complete after a week of processing. Anyone have any idea what gives?
Just got an II and mine says "Application Materials Received" still. The word complete is nowhere on there, maybe they were confused.

Just got an interview invite. Anyone know if they allow you to pick any other interview dates than the two options given?

Just got an interview invite. Anyone know if they allow you to pick any other interview dates than the two options given?

Yeah i'd like to know this too

Frusterating. They still haven't fixed my letters of rec after I emailed them and AACOMAS last week. AACOMAS showed they were there, but didn't "publish" them or something so they couldn't read them. They fixed it last week. I hate bugging them, but I really want it to get sorted.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you had two applications created, then got an email for the second, secondary, how did you fill it out? I have the app line with everything including letter being marked received, only missing my secondary, but I cannot seem to access a secondary anywhere? And it specifically says not to create a new one?

For those of you had two applications created, then got an email for the second, secondary, how did you fill it out? I have the app line with everything including letter being marked received, only missing my secondary, but I cannot seem to access a secondary anywhere? And it specifically says not to create a new one?

Not quite sure I'm following you. I had to apps created but one was for COMP-NW and the other was for COMP-Pomona

how many people who get interviewed get into the program?

Frusterating. They still haven't fixed my letters of rec after I emailed them and AACOMAS last week. AACOMAS showed they were there, but didn't "publish" them or something so they couldn't read them. They fixed it last week. I hate bugging them, but I really want it to get sorted.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Tell me about it. I've had my LORs in since the beginning of July (but later than the initial submission of my app to AACOMAS) and theyre still saying my app is incomplete. they dont even answer the phone nor emails

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know what the essay part is about during the interview?

No idea!

I submitted mid July. Seems to be a roughly 2-3 week turn around.
Cool! Mine was submitted on July 28th. Hope I get an II here!

On your secondary app behind each documentation...there is a status column...what did yours say? Mine is blank.

Not quite sure I'm following you. I had to apps created but one was for COMP-NW and the other was for COMP-Pomona

I talked to them and figured it out, but it was showing that I had apps for both campus in process, even before I had submitted a secondary to comp-NW (they had reviewed my letters, mcat, etc before I even got a secondary). They said to go ahead and create another "new app" to get my comp-NW secondary

Cool! Mine was submitted on July 28th. Hope I get an II here!

On your secondary app behind each documentation...there is a status column...what did yours say? Mine is blank.

Its blank for me.

I talked to them and figured it out, but it was showing that I had apps for both campus in process, even before I had submitted a secondary to comp-NW (they had reviewed my letters, mcat, etc before I even got a secondary). They said to go ahead and create another "new app" to get my comp-NW secondary

Aaaaahhhh alright

LizzyM 64 and submitted July 11!
Would you kindly share your interview choices (as far as dates)? Congratulations btw!!! I interviewed at COMP for the 2015 cycle. If you have any questions regarding their general interview day and schedule, just PM me (assuming they haven't made any drastic changes since then). Great institution! Going for a second round this cycle of 2017 :) I got the privilege of shadowing two of their standout alumni within the last year, one of which is faculty. I can't express how much those experiences amplified my interest in becoming part of the COMP family!!!!

When did you submit your secondary?

Would you kindly share your interview choices (as far as dates)? Congratulations btw!!! I interviewed at COMP for the 2015 cycle. If you have any questions regarding their general interview day and schedule, just PM me (assuming they haven't made any drastic changes since then). Great institution! Going for a second round this cycle of 2017 :) I got the privilege of shadowing two of their standout alumni within the last year, one of which is faculty. I can't express how much those experiences amplified my interest in becoming part of the COMP family!!!!
Thank you! There were only two choices for me: August 25 or September 8, and I chose the 2nd one. I'm a little nervous about the interview format (combination of MMI and the traditional style). I would be grateful for any tips that you may have to share!

Thank you! There were only two choices for me: August 25 or September 8, and I chose the 2nd one. I'm a little nervous about the interview format (combination of MMI and the traditional style). I would be grateful for any tips that you may have to share!
You get 2 scenarios (each about 3-5 min) that are ethically/how-to-speak-with-a-patient based, and they include you in a small room with an actor pretending to be a patient. Not too bad, just be able to be comfortable with silence, be assertive, and be empathic.

This school is one of my top choices, I was thrilled when I got an II, but I still can't book the interview. Aug 25 / Sept 8 are the only two dates in the next few weeks where I absolutely can't make it. Not a bad problem to have, I'm very fortunate to have received this invite, but I hope they add some more dates soon lol

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the admission office at Western?? I tried all the numbers on their website (the ones that lead to individual people) but they all went to voicemail.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the admission office at Western?? I tried all the numbers on their website (the ones that lead to individual people) but they all went to voicemail.

Email them ! They always write me back

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

pre-interview, post-secondary hold email just now. :unsure: poooop.
congratulations to everyone who received IIs!

I'm sorry to hear that-- but it's always possible to get off the hold and get an interview! :( when were you complete?

I'm sorry to hear that-- but it's always possible to get off the hold and get an interview! :( when were you complete?

yup! keeping my head up and hoping for the best, so we'll see. :)
I submitted my secondary 7/15 but never received a complete email.
when I checked the portal a couple days after submitting, all the fields were marked received.

Hang in there! Last year the exact same thing happened to me. Then, about 2 weeks after, I got an interview invite! I didn't end up making the cut, but it got me more excited to try again this year :)

(High-five!)

Hang in there! Last year the exact same thing happened to me. Then, about 2 weeks after, I got an interview invite! I didn't end up making the cut, but it got me more excited to try again this year :)

(High-five!)

aw, thank you! I've seen you on multiple threads and I really enjoy your optimistic outlook and energetic responses.
best of luck to you this cycle as well. :highfive:

aw, thank you! I've seen you on multiple threads and I really enjoy your optimistic outlook and energetic responses.
best of luck to you this cycle as well. :highfive:
Aww thanks gamieg!!! Yeah, I try to chime in here and there for the school's I'm applying to this year. We're all in it together, whether it's this year, or next, or any year after that. Eventually, we'll all be on the same team :)

Btw, I just remembered, I know someone else who got put on hold between post-secondary & pre-interview. It took 2 months for them to get an interview and they got accepted!

Keep me posted if you can! Who knows, we might have the same interview day (I just got my "File is Complete" email from COMP— they finally got my last LOR).

Let's rock out!!!!!!

my application was submitted here on July 12th and I still haven't received a secondary. Should I email them?

Secondary submitted 7/26, complete email 8/11. Under review for interview now.

Secondary submitted 7/28, completion email today, 8/11. :xf:

Just got my secondary today, 8/11, app was verified on 7/12

Congrats! When did you guys receive "Complete" emails? Are you CA residents?
OOS applicant, but still in the west. Don't remember, nor could I find a "complete" email. secondary submitted 7/20, II on 8/1

Instate, secondary around 7/16

Finally got my complete email just now. I submitted around 7/18 though

Are there two different emails for completed and received? I got an email saying my application was received, but all of my items are there...

Last edited:
What's the difference between complete and received? I got an email saying my application was received, but all of my items are there...

Complete is after they have reviewed all the items that you submitted to them. Theres a process after them receiving it and fully processing it.

Congrats! When did you guys receive "Complete" emails? Are you CA residents?
I'm in-state. I received my "application complete" email yesterday. submitted my secondary 8/1. I can't verify this, but I've been told they give preference to in-state, especially if they want to stay in California to practice

does anybody know how many minutes we have for the MMI?