Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 10/21. Just placed on pre-interview hold. :/

So strange I was complete end of September and haven't gotten a II, pre-II hold or rejection yet, I'm hoping for some good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

So strange I was complete end of September and haven't gotten a II, pre-II hold or rejection yet, I'm hoping for some good news soon!
I'm in the same boat, so frustrating! I live so close to the school too, I'm going to their preview day this week to torture myself with their silcnce haha

Reactions: 1 users

I'm in the same boat, so frustrating! I live so close to the school too, I'm going to their preview day this week to torture myself with their silcnce haha

Maybe they extra don't like me? :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they extra don't like me? :shrug:
Just hold on tight; i submitted my app late and when i got offered for interviews the only dates they had were 11/17 and 12/8. so i think they are prob gonna wrap up with all the applicants for this year and send out new interview requests (pre-hold to interview) in Jan/Feb. Don't lose hope!!!!

Just hold on tight; i submitted my app late and when i got offered for interviews the only dates they had were 11/17 and 12/8. so i think they are prob gonna wrap up with all the applicants for this year and send out new interview requests (pre-hold to interview) in Jan/Feb. Don't lose hope!!!!

when did u submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an Interview Invite yesterday. Booked for Jan 21.

Canadian.

Will it be hot in California in January?

Got an Interview Invite yesterday. Booked for Jan 21.

Canadian.

Will it be hot in California in January?
Honestly you can never tell, it'll probably be in the 60s at that time, but if I recall correctly, we had a heatwave 2 years ago around that time when the rest of the country was snowed in.

Honestly you can never tell, it'll probably be in the 60s at that time, but if I recall correctly, we had a heatwave 2 years ago around that time when the rest of the country was snowed in.

I had to convert 60 Fahrenheit to celsius lol.
Thanks for the info.

has anyone else had issues with the secondary payment? I've tried safari and firefox to no avail...

Anyone from 11/3 interview hear back yet? I was in the red group but no news yet.

No news yet. I was in the red group too on that day!

Haha I'm trying to figure out who you are but everything from that day is all a blur now.

Hopefully we'll know before Thanksgiving and it's good news. Best of luck to you!

Hi
Other than the mail, can students view if they received admission through the portal website? I was wondering if it is possible to view the admissions decision through the portal before actually receiving the decision by mail? Thank You

I was 11/3 and I received an offer for admission. My portal changed on Thursday to Institution Decision and I got the letter in the mail yesterday.

I was 11/3 and I received an offer for admission. My portal changed on Thursday to Institution Decision and I got the letter in the mail yesterday.

That's awesome! Congratulations!!

My portal is blank next to "Decision". Does anyone know if portal updates with rejection/waitlist also or just acceptances?

Anybody heard anything from Western if you submitted your secondary in September? There has been pure silence so far from this school. I'm kind of shocked because I have a 3.6 GPA and got a 508 on the MCAT. LizzyMscore is 66. Has anyone with the same stats been asked for an interview/accepted?

Anybody heard anything from Western if you submitted your secondary in September? There has been pure silence so far from this school. I'm kind of shocked because I have a 3.6 GPA and got a 508 on the MCAT. LizzyMscore is 66. Has anyone with the same stats been asked for an interview/accepted?

Been complete since early September with a LizzyM of 67 and still waiting.

Been complete since early September with a LizzyM of 67 and still waiting.
My application was complete 9/29 and I am IS with LizzyM~66. I just called admissions and they said my app is still in Committee Review but should have an answer sometime this week or early next week. Hope this helps! I went to their Preview Day this weekend and heard from admissions, they said they are very receptive to calls about your application status if you want to check where you are in the process.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invite just now! Complete 9/30
I'm sure they're just getting around to late September applications now.

Reactions: 4 users
I went to preview day for the 4th time this past weekend.. and again I just fall more in love with this school. I did get a little discouraged when they kept saying how important it is to apply early, but what's done is already done. I'm praying I get an interview this cycle! I have letters of Rec from their own faculty so I am hoping that will help. Western pleeeeeease give me a chance!

3.75 undergrad GPA and 28 MCAT. I'm not sure what that would be in terms of LizzyM... I'm still new to SDN haha

I do think they look at more than just stats though.

Haha okay! I have similar stats and I received the app ready to review email on 9/30 so I'm hoping to hear back soon!

II today! complete way back in august sometime. 504/3.67

Reactions: 2 users
i sent out thank you letters via email to my interviewers. how does admission know that i emailed my interviewers? i was hesitant to send a handwritten note because I was afraid it was going to be lost or delivered late. I'm anxious to hear back in Dec. anyone from the 11/17 interview group?? I also got a interview offer at a different school in, but should I let western know about it? im just really anxious and want to get into western this year.

II today! Submitted Oct 21, complete email Nov 2.

interviewed 11/3. yellow group. accepted.

i sent out thank you letters via email to my interviewers. how does admission know that i emailed my interviewers? i was hesitant to send a handwritten note because I was afraid it was going to be lost or delivered late. I'm anxious to hear back in Dec. anyone from the 11/17 interview group?? I also got a interview offer at a different school in, but should I let western know about it? im just really anxious and want to get into western this year.

I didn't e-mail thank you's to my interviewers and was accepted regardless. If admissions doesn't have you directly e-mail them your thank you e-mails (like some schools do) then I don't think they have a way of knowing you sent them. Also, I wouldn't worry about letting WesternU know about new IIs post your interview. They mentioned they only ask for statistical purposes and it isn't meant to influence whether you're accepted or not. Hope this helps relax your nerves a little!

interviewed 11/3. yellow group. accepted.

Congrats!! Did you find out via the portal or a letter in the mail (or both)?

Do you mind sharing what color group you were in?

Last edited:
Congrats!! Did you find out via the portal or a letter in the mail (or both)?

Do you mind sharing what color group you were in?
Pretty sure I was green, but I'm not positive of that

portal was changed last week, I got in mail yesterday! Hopefully you guys hear back soon

Just realized I got an II a week ago from here-- I will give up my spot-- hope it goes to one of you guys!!!

Reactions: 4 users