Waitlist c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aussielover33

AUCVM c/o 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all my fellow waitlisters! Just wanted to get a waitlist thread started because the one from c/o 2020 had a lot of good information! Also its a place where we can suffer together :happy:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Yay for living on the waitlist! I've been waitlisted by every school I applied to (LSU, UGA, Auburn) still waiting to hear from my instate

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted at Purdue OOS. More waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WV resident wait listed for contract slots at both Mississippi and Virginia-Maryland. :( From talk at my school, it seems like the vast majority are going to accept their Va-Md slot so at least Mississippi's will be moving for us WV residents. Good for me, Mississippi is my top choice.

Really liked the idea of paying IS tuition but I guess next year I'll be applying to more schools.

As a random question: Does anyone that interview ever get "rejected"? I thought everyone that interviewed was either accepted or waitlisted/ put on the alternate list. I've been told by a current student that not everyone that interviewed got accepted/is an alternate and that obviously goes against what I originally thought.

WV resident wait listed for contract slots at both Mississippi and Virginia-Maryland. :( From talk at my school, it seems like the vast majority are going to accept their Va-Md slot so at least Mississippi's will be moving for us WV residents. Good for me, Mississippi is my top choice.

Really liked the idea of paying IS tuition but I guess next year I'll be applying to more schools.

As a random question: Does anyone that interview ever get "rejected"? I thought everyone that interviewed was either accepted or waitlisted/ put on the alternate list. I've been told by a current student that not everyone that interviewed got accepted/is an alternate and that obviously goes against what I originally thought.

I have interviewed and been rejected from two schools. I believe some schools accept or waitlist all of the people they interview, but not all. It depends on if the school and how much the interview counts along with your application!

Yay for living on the waitlist! I've been waitlisted by every school I applied to (LSU, UGA, Auburn) still waiting to hear from my instate
I am right there with you, I've been waitlisted at Auburn and UGA too! Good luck with your instate! Instate tuition is SO much cheaper :rolleyes:

I interviewed at auburn and was rejected. So perhaps it depends on the school.

Waitlisted at UGA OOS! :arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the Wisconsin waitlist movement is like ?

***edit I do not know if I am even on it or not. I guess I should also ask if anyone knows how they notify you about being on it as well. ***

Waitlisted on LSU (unlikely to get off), and Mississippi (definitely possible to be called off). Still waiting for Illinois results, hopefully an acceptance instead of a third waitlist! Also Wisconsin too, but I doubt I'm even getting waitlisted there. @Calfhugger33 they said they'd snail mail it to us by the end of February

Waitlisted at Kansas OOS. Know it's possible to get called off as they go through a lot of their waitlist.

Waitlisted on LSU (unlikely to get off), and Mississippi (definitely possible to be called off). Still waiting for Illinois results, hopefully an acceptance instead of a third waitlist! Also Wisconsin too, but I doubt I'm even getting waitlisted there. @Calfhugger33 they said they'd snail mail it to us by the end of February
If you don't mind me asking, why don't you think that you will get pulled off LSU's waitlist? I thought they go through a fair amount of alternates to fill the spots.

***edit I do not know if I am even on it or not. I guess I should also ask if anyone knows how they notify you about being on it as well. ***

Assuming you're talking about OOS, the past few years, it's moved a lot. I think one year they went through the entire waitlist and had to call people who were rejected.

However, they may have over-accepted to make up for that, so I really don't know. I think the waitlist used to move a lot less before they raised tuition a few years ago (it suddenly went from being one of the least expensive OOS schools to being towards the middle of the pack), and they may know what to expect now.

I was accepted and will be turning down my offer unless they decide to give me a ton of money (unlikely). There are only three others on the UW thread who have been accepted so far, and I know two are leaning towards other schools. And don't forget that they don't call all accepted students, so you may still be accepted when you get your letter in the mail!

This year there were a record number of applicants at almost all schools, so I'm curious to see how waitlists move. We might see some changes from past trends. And sometimes past trends mean nothing- last year two schools way over-accepted and had larger classes than intended (not touching their waitlists at all). It's anyone's guess!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Iirc last year they went like 180 people deep on the OOS list

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't mind me asking, why don't you think that you will get pulled off LSU's waitlist? I thought they go through a fair amount of alternates to fill the spots.
I contacted them and asked what my approximate position was on their waitlist, and they told me I'm on the portion they don't generally get to.

I contacted them and asked what my approximate position was on their waitlist, and they told me I'm on the portion they don't generally get to.

That sucks but at least they were upfront about it. I wish more schools were like that instead of those that just give you what quarter of the list you're on without anymore information (like Mississippi).

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you so confident about Mississippi(and I hope that works out for you).

Waitlisted at CSU and still waiting to hear from Wisconsin and Tufts!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That sucks but at least they were upfront about it. I wish more schools were like that instead of those that just give you what quarter of the list you're on without anymore information (like Mississippi).

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you so confident about Mississippi(and I hope that works out for you).
Yeah I'd much rather have the information than false hope.

And I contacted Missy and she said that they usually go through the 3rd quartile, and maybe into the fourth. I'm in the third quartile, so there's (real) hope!

anyone have any intel on the movement for the waitlist at Purdue for OOS?

Last edited:
OOS Waitlist at VMCVM. Any news on it?

Is it common for the Kansas State waitlist to move fast?

I'm not sure about moving fast but I was told they went through the whole OOS waitlist last year. I'm on it too- here's hoping for both of us!!

OOS alternate at Iowa and Mississippi. Once I hear from my in-state school I will choose between them and Auburn and take my name off both waitlists. Good luck everyone!:luck:

I'm not sure about moving fast but I was told they went through the whole OOS waitlist last year. I'm on it too- here's hoping for both of us!!
Wishing you lots of luck!!

This year there were a record number of applicants at almost all schools, so I'm curious to see how waitlists move. We might see some changes from past trends. And sometimes past trends mean nothing- last year two schools way over-accepted and had larger classes than intended (not touching their waitlists at all). It's anyone's guess!

I know about Illinois not touching their waitlist. Who was the other school? I didn't realize two of us screwed up. lol.

I was on the K-states' "shadow/interview" wait list last year (and the year before for that matter), and never called. So they're only going through interviewees. I had heard the opposite; that they hadn't gone that deep at all last year. But that second hand.

I know about Illinois not touching their waitlist. Who was the other school? I didn't realize two of us screwed up. lol.

Ohio State. They accepted so many OOS students that they asked some to defer admission to the next year, get a free master's degree in the meantime, and then get in-state tuition all four years. A pretty sweet deal!

Reactions: 6 users
Ohio State. They accepted so many OOS students that they asked some to defer admission to the next year, get a free master's degree in the meantime, and then get in-state tuition all four years. A pretty sweet deal!

I heard that some schools did that (at least the tuition bit) and was totally prepared to do that with Illinois. But no such deal was offered for us.

Yeah OSU's deal was pretty sweet

I was on the K-states' "shadow/interview" wait list last year (and the year before for that matter), and never called. So they're only going through interviewees. I had heard the opposite; that they hadn't gone that deep at all last year. But that second hand.

What is the shadow/interview waitlist? Mary Sue (if you've at all been stalking the K-State thread then you know who that is - lol!) was the one who told me that they went through it all last year. I think a couple of other people heard that too. But that's not to say that they will do the same this year, and I'm not sure about the IS list!

I keep seeing the same thing. Not trying to insult anyone but it seems like people are just saying random things. Like Virginia-Maryland. I'll see people say they went through 80 people on the OSS alternate list then someone in another thread will say they only went through 2-3. I like information as much as the next guy but I wish people would at least back up their claims with some sort of source.

I keep seeing the same thing. Not trying to insult anyone but it seems like people are just saying random things. Like Virginia-Maryland. I'll see people say they went through 80 people on the OSS alternate list then someone in another thread will say they only went through 2-3. I like information as much as the next guy but I wish people would at least back up their claims with some sort of source.

The best source (besides the school itself) will probably be applicant threads on here from previous years. If you search for the school name and 2020 or 2019 and then look at the last few pages, you'll probably see people talking about being pulled off the waitlist or about previous waitlist movement.

Waiting really, really sucks but unfortunately, even if you have perfect info about a school's waitlist, that won't change anything. And it won't mean anything if a school over- or under-accepts, which isn't something you can predict.

I think it's tricky because many places have a waitlist to interview as well as alternate waitlist post-interview. I think anyone's best bet is to just call admissions at this point!

What is the shadow/interview waitlist?

The last few years, a smallish group of us weren't given an interview spot right away, but weren't rejected. We were told we were on a short list to call if they needed to have more people interview. The year before last, several people on this forum were called to interview after the last "official" interview weekend. The first year, I was never called to interview, but they never sent me an e-mail saying they filled the class either. Last year, they e-mailed Feb 16 while I was driving back from my Illinois interview (amazingly while I was driving past the exit in Kansas to Manhattan from I-70).

The last few years, a smallish group of us weren't given an interview spot right away, but weren't rejected. We were told we were on a short list to call if they needed to have more people interview. The year before last, several people on this forum were called to interview after the last "official" interview weekend. The first year, I was never called to interview, but they never sent me an e-mail saying they filled the class either. Last year, they e-mailed Feb 16 while I was driving back from my Illinois interview (amazingly while I was driving past the exit in Kansas to Manhattan from I-70).

Ohh, ok!

Even though they didn't go through the wait list to receive an interview last year, they did go through the whole alternate list for people who already interviewed. I believe this is what Willow was referring to.

That would be a SWEET deal! I would do that in a heart beat!!

It was not sweet for in staters that were high on the waitlist and told they would likely get in.
Yeah I was on U of I's IS last year, and really high... They closed it immediately after the decision date, and told me at my feedback appt that if it were any other year I would've gotten called off it :/

It was not sweet for in staters that were high on the waitlist and told they would likely get in.

Did they take fewer IS than usual? They did go through some of the IS waitlist, just none of the OOS one.

Interesting.. so did they take less IS to make up for OOS?

Yes, I was very high on the instate waitlist. This year I was rejected without an interview. So who knows what happened.

IS waitlisted/alternate at Western over here. Alternates aren't numbered at Western, so will just have to wait and see, fingers crossed....

OOS Alternate for Michigan State....I was feeling okay about this, since I know the OOS waitlist moves quicker. But then I emailed them and they responded back letting me know I was #69 and I feel like that's pretty deep to be making it off.. Does anyone have any idea how much MSU's OOS list moves?

Heard back from Tufts...now waitlisted at both of my top choices :confused:

At least Tufts doesn't do ranking so I still have time to improve my application. Question is, how?!

OOS waitlisted for virginia...really hoping I get off the waiting list :xf: