UT- Austin COP Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You should be able to find the group by searching. University of Texas College of Pharmacy~Class of 2014.

Does the link work for everyone else?? It worked for me but I was logged into fb when I tried it, too. idk. I hope everyone can get to it! \m/

Members don't see this ad.

Does the link work for everyone else?? It worked for me but I was logged into fb when I tried it, too. idk. I hope everyone can get to it! \m/

it worked for me, but i was also already logged into facebook. thanks for making the group. (btw, are you morgan?)

So far there are 14 new P0's (P-zeros ;) in the fb group! Tomorrow is the next big day! Keep checking your e-mail guys and good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
oh no :( nothing sucks more than when you get that R letter. But you always got next year. I hope he got into another school. Did he get the letter this week?

Big day tomorrow!

ahhh! i have a test at 5:30 tomorrow so i am not allowing myself to get on my computer until after but i am aabsolutely not going to be able to concentrate!!

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far!! I spoke with Dr. Wilcox today and he said they have received 75 acceptances for admission in the fall and 5 people have declined the offer of admission. That's more than half of the class so far! The next meeting is on Thursday and I know they went at least 10 deep on the waiting list last fall. E-mails should go out on Friday. :)

So we basically know who got accepted tomorrow through e-mail? And those who were waitlisted and rejected comes later with snail mail? Iono, if there's already 80 students who received acceptances then, there's a small chance for me given there's only 125 spots (30 spots already gone), so there's 10 spots available + the 5 who rejected UT=15 spots for tomorrow. Yeaaaahhhh, I need to occupy my time with other things. lol

So we basically know who got accepted tomorrow through e-mail? And those who were waitlisted and rejected comes later with snail mail? Iono, if there's already 80 students who received acceptances then, there's a small chance for me given there's only 125 spots (30 spots already gone), so there's 10 spots available + the 5 who rejected UT=15 spots for tomorrow. Yeaaaahhhh, I need to occupy my time with other things. lol

How do you know those 30 spots aren't part of the 80 already given out?

How do you know those 30 spots aren't part of the 80 already given out?

HMM...I thought of that, but I guess I didn't calculate it in since I didn't want to get my hopes up.

I just wanted to wish everybody the best of luck today!!!

For those of you guys waiting today, I didn't get my acceptance email till 4:56pm on the first round. It will be from Ann Spencer. Gonna to be a long day of anticipation for you guys. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you guys waiting today, I didn't get my acceptance email till 4:56pm on the first round. It will be from Ann Spencer. Gonna to be a long day of anticipation for you guys. Good luck to everyone!
Thanks. Feel a little better now when to expect an email.

Praying and hoping for the best.

A friend told me he already got denied :[
Anyone else?

Did your friend get an email about it, or was it on the status page, or a letter??

You know they wait till the last minute on a Friday so they dont have to answer all the phone calls from the applicants that dont receive emails. i want to know now! so hard to wait!

Did your friend get an email about it, or was it on the status page, or a letter??

You know they wait till the last minute on a Friday so they dont have to answer all the phone calls from the applicants that dont receive emails. i want to know now! so hard to wait!

ahahaha, i didn't even think about that being a reason. i had just thought maybe the adcom meets later in the day or something, but your reasoning is pretty sound (and funnier).

Congrats! That's probably a no for me. I guess I'm going to Amarillo next year!

I just received my letter of acceptance as well a few moments ago. UT was my first choice, and I have been so anxious though the whole process. I'm glad it all worked out in the end! Good luck to everyone else, and I look forward to meeting you all this fall! =D

I remember last year that they didn't send out emails all at once on the same day...but each year is different, so I wouldn't know either way. I don't want to give you guys any false hope for waiting, either though. Just putting that out there. For those who haven't heard anything, still remember that people still get in after offers are sent out!

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
(Ephesians 3:20)

ACCEPTED!!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Let's wait until 5:00pm (CST) to get a finalized answer, shall we?

Last edited:
Yessir, I shall keep some sliver of hope alive until that time or until I get an actual R-word.

even then, some people accepted today might decline, who knows.

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
(Ephesians 3:20)

ACCEPTED!!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol I'm so happy for you!

This is the worst day in the world for me. And I have a microbiology lab exam in two hours. And I haven't eaten!

This is the worst day in the world for me. And I have a microbiology lab exam in two hours. And I haven't eaten!

I am literally in the exact same position as you. worst day in the world, microbio lab exam at 5:30. all i can do is check my email and stare at this forum though. but i have eaten way too much!!

WHO ARE YOU!? Maybe you're in my class.

Also, this test is going to be easy I think. The hardest part is the safety questions.
ALSO, I heard that we can also get acceptances on Monday.

WHO ARE YOU!? Maybe you're in my class.

Also, this test is going to be easy I think. The hardest part is the safety questions.
ALSO, I heard that we can also get acceptances on Monday.

I'm in the wednesday 2-5 section with Youme as my TA, what about you?? Yeah, I think it'll be pretty easy too. I have just kind of been blowing it off all week.

And where did you hear that???

Hey guys! I don't *think* they sent out everything this morning. I was really surprised to hear that anything went out so early. So hang in there, ace your test, and then check in. I expect more people will know their status later this afternoon. :)

chill out folks - I didn't receive my acceptance email until 5:13 pm last year (I just looked it up). They're not all sent out at the same time. Calm down, calm down!

AGHUG IHS"OSDERBGUIDFC

I'm in the Thursday 2-5 class, TA is Soo Young Kim. Are our tests all going to be in the same room? Welch 3.505 or something right

I'm in the wednesday 2-5 section with Youme as my TA, what about you?? Yeah, I think it'll be pretty easy too. I have just kind of been blowing it off all week.

And where did you hear that???

Pharmacy friend's friend. Haha wonder how reliable that is.

Ok guys I have reliable source aka Dr. Wilcox! I emailed him and he said that they are still working on some more applicants and they will let us know asap! Now I don't know what they mean by asap. By the end of today or Monday?!! I have a tiny bit of hope left, which I'm almost 100% sure will be crushed sooner or later! LOL we shall see

I wish I knew if anyone's been denied yet. I would think not because they send denial letters by mail and mail only so that would probably be next week.

Oh and I would like to say, congratulations to those that have received acceptances!

But most importantly for those who haven't heard anything - keep your chins up! I got mine at 6:43pm last year, whereas my friend had gotten hers around 11am on the same day. I know it's different this year since it's not rolling, but I'm pretty sure not all of the offers have been sent out. Good luck!

AGHUG IHS"OSDERBGUIDFC

I'm in the Thursday 2-5 class, TA is Soo Young Kim. Are our tests all going to be in the same room? Welch 3.505 or something right

I think they are in different rooms depending on the lab day because mine is in Welch 1.316. Good luck even though I know its going to be super hard to focus!

We are past the 5:00PM (CST) mark. No response yet. Keeping hope still.

For all of you who are still waiting, those of us that got e-mails today need to respond with whether we accept or reject our spot by March 30th. The first round's group got over a week, due to Spring Break, but the second round only has a few days. Some spots may open up, and they may not have sent everything out yet. Like ShineBrite, said, don't lose hope until you actually hear something from them. Good luck!

Also, congrats to those of you who also heard back! Can't wait to meet our new phamily!

Does anyone have Dr Wilcox's email address? I'll take one for the team and email him and see if he has anymore info, or just see if they are still in the office.