UT- Austin COP Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything back yet?

Nope. Probably not going to hear anything til the end of March.

Members don't see this ad.

"We've received all the items that are required to review and process your application. The Admissions Committee is currently reviewing your application for admission. Once the Committee reaches a decision, you'll be notified by mail and your decision will be posted on this page. "

That's all that the application status check page says. I wanna know!!! :xf::xf::xf:

Is this for UT-Austin or Texas Tech? Where did you go to read this message? *I'm excited as well for you!!!*

Members don't see this ad :)
Its from ut. I went to their pharmacy page, to admissions, and then you click on the link that takes you to the application. You have to log in with your ut eid and then click on the link that says application status check.

Thank you so much ShineBrite. I have the same message as well! :) I'm not sure if everyone has it as well, but either way I am excited. Man, this is bad for studying. I've been checking this page nonstop ever since my interview and I cannot seem to focus on my exams. :(

I don't have that message :( Mannnn I guess that means I'm in the group for March 26th

I think everyone has that message and has had it for a while. I remember seeing that message after I got all of my info in, even before my interview. I think that no one will find out til end of march...:confused:

I asked Ann Spencer, in the admissions office, if she could tell me how they were dividing up the adcom meetings and this is what I got in return:

"I don't know at which meeting your application will be discussed.

I can only tell you that you will be contacted as soon as possible after a decision is made, possibly in mid-March or by the first week in April.

Ann Spencer"

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around, so I thought I'd post this to put some minds at ease.

Ok well i had not had that message until just recently, it only said that all application mats were received. As for whenever acceptances will go out, dr. Wilcox told us that everyone would be notified in march, and i trust his word over anyone elses. However he didnt say whether all acceptances would go out at the same time or exactly when, just that it would be march after all interviews were complete.

Who knows for sure. Guess we will just have to wait and see. :eek: :)

I do agree with ShineBrite that I did not have that message until I read ur recent posts. My page has only been showing that all my application material was received. Bottom line, the update shows something is coming up pretty soon.;)

Anyone know if acceptances are e-mailed or snail-mailed?

Rejections confirmed - via snail-mail. (Haven't gotten one yet though so far.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance email!!!! :D

Everybody check their email....

woah! congrats!

has anyone else heard anything?

bktexas, did your status change on the ut status check page???

No my status hasn't changed yet..... but i received the email around 5:00 so it was kind of late in the day....

No my status hasn't changed yet..... but i received the email around 5:00 so it was kind of late in the day....

Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm checking my email nonstop but nothing as of yet. Is UT your top choice?

Yea UT my top choice... i really like it there when I interviewed.

I also applied to U of H which is where I go to school, but ironically I have not heard anything from them yet, I have not even gotten an interview.

I wonder what this means for those of us who have not got any emails today!!

Last edited:
I wonder what this means for those of us who have not got any emails today!!

I love UT as well, I'm very disappointed I didn't get an email. :( I guess I'll just wait until the end of the month to see if they will accept me. For those who are accepted would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you so much.

Happy to know I am in. But won't receiced actual acceptance letter until early April. This tells me that those who just got e-mails are probably on the first of two lists. The second list will be known at the end of march when the commitee meets for that purpose. No reason to worry yet TXDevo, keep your fingers crossed and remain very positive.

They told me to make a decision by March 22 so im guessing they are waiting for a group of people to decline their offer. they will probably fill up the rest of the spots and send out letters around march 26th so i wouldnt worry if you didnt get an email today.

Also accepted. #1st choice. Man, the people at the pharmacy school are incredibly vague and unhelpful with admissions information. I heard from a professor yesterday that the committee hadn't even met yet. Oh well.

Happy to know I am in. But won't receiced actual acceptance letter until early April. This tells me that those who just got e-mails are probably on the first of two lists. The second list will be known at the end of march when the commitee meets for that purpose. No reason to worry yet TXBevo, keep your fingers crossed and remain very positive.

Congrats to those who got accepted - just curious - were your interviews on Jan 29-30?

Yea, I didn't hear anything yet. I interviewed in Feb 26.

Also accepted. #1st choice. Man, the people at the pharmacy school are incredibly vague and unhelpful with admissions information. I heard from a professor yesterday that the committee hadn't even met yet. Oh well.

I know several people that are on the committe and I know that they have had several meetings this semester...congratulations to everyone accepted so far!

For those who are accepted would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you so much.

I have a BS in Biology as of this spring, 3.75 gpa, 94 pcat, no tech experience but I've shadowed a pharmacist several times and volunteered in the ER. My letters of recommendation, one was from a pharmacist and one from an employer and I thought I was relaxed and did well on my interview.

Congrats to those who got accepted - just curious - were your interviews on Jan 29-30?

I interviewed on Feb 13.

Does anyone know how many acceptance e-mails went out yesterday, and also if more acceptances will be going out throughout this next week? And also, how do they split up and create the 2 lists of applicants??

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many acceptance e-mails went out yesterday, and also if more acceptances will be going out throughout this next week? And also, how do they split up and create the 2 lists of applicants??

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!
I'm sure they ranked us all by GPA and PCAT. Of course, us choosing which day we wanted to interview was to make sure acceptances were random. However, they still base who they accept off that initial ranking plus the impressions from the interview.

This makes sense, now that bktexas03 stated his stats and his interview date.

I'm sure the cutoff is reasonable between the 2 lists. More should be out by next week. I'm hoping for a positive here, as I am a re-applicant to UT.

Ugh. not getting an email yesterday has pretty much destroyed all my hope. Haven't heard from Tech or UT now.

Ugh. not getting an email yesterday has pretty much destroyed all my hope. Haven't heard from Tech or UT now.
Why? It's not the end of the world for UT. I don't know if UT does it the same way Tech does (keeps you on their main list so that if people decline, other people get a shot), but there's still acceptance letters being sent out.

When did you interview? What are your stats?

I interviewed for UT on the 13th, and Tech on the 5th. PCAT-79% composite, overall GPA-3.54, math/sci GPA-3.0.
Tech @ CVS and in local hospital for past 6 months
No B.S.
Thought my interview went really well, both interviewers had a lot of positive feedback for me

It's my math/sci. GPA that worries me. PCAT isn't awesome, but that was my score from Oct. so I kinda had to go with it.

Yeah, but your GPA is solid. As long as you did well on the interview, you have a chance. A lot of people with high 70s to mid 80s on the PCAT get into pharmacy school. A lot of non-degree-holders also get in.

All about the wait now. My UT interview was also on the 13th. My GPA is above a 3, let's just say that :D. My PCAT was a 95%. Been a tech for 3 yrs. Getting my degree, graduating in May. I'm really hoping UT sees the improvement.

I wonder if more letters will be sent out next week or if we'll just have to wait til the end of March/first week of April now!...

Last edited:
I interviewed for UT on the 13th, and Tech on the 5th. PCAT-79% composite, overall GPA-3.54, math/sci GPA-3.0.
Tech @ CVS and in local hospital for past 6 months
No B.S.
Thought my interview went really well, both interviewers had a lot of positive feedback for me

It's my math/sci. GPA that worries me. PCAT isn't awesome, but that was my score from Oct. so I kinda had to go with it.

ShineBrite, don't lose hope there's still a few more weeks of acceptances. *sigh* I am worried about my gpa as well, my math and science is exactly like yours but my overall gpa is much lower than 3.5. I'm going to wait and see, no email is much better than the "r" word. Anyways, I interviewed on the very last date so maybe they just haven't got to me yet.

I haven't heard anything yet; my status hasn't even changed to "reviewing" for my application!

Last edited:
They discuss applicants based on their ranking. They have ranked us based on gpa, pcat, pharmacy experience, LORs, and interview. I know this bcoz dr. Wilcox said so and I interviewed on jan 30 and have not gotten an acceptance or rejection.

About the "reviewing your application" on the status page, I wouldn't worry about it too much bcoz it doesn't mean much. They have to review your application before accepting or rejecting. Just gotta wait a couple of more weeks yall. Hang in there

I'm also accepted!! And it's my first choice so I look forward to seeing you guys in the fall! I interviewed on Feb 26th, I also got into Tech but will be declining so hopefully someone else can get a spot! Congrats everyone!

To all of you who have not heard back yet - DON'T LOSE HOPE! I was deferred TWICE last year when I was applying. I interviewed in January and didn't get accepted until April!!! I completely understand how you all feel - its very stressful. I actually gave myself an ulcer while applying to pharmacy schools!

By the way, if it turns out that some of you are not accepted, please do not think you're not worthy! Just to let you know, I was barely accepted and I am currently excelling in all of my classes. UTCOP is extremely difficult to get in to you, and I'm sure many people who will be excellent pharmacists have been overlooked. While it may be a blow to the ego, please do not give up on your dreams.

If any of you would like to ask questions about my application experience or questions about being a pharmacy student, please feel free send me a personal message.

Congratulations to those who were accepted!
And
Good luck to those who are waiting!

Quick question:

when you received the email...were there any attachments? or will those be sent out in April by snail mail.

Also...if you sent in an email to accept the spot...did you receive a confirmation email? We were just supposed to say if we accept or deny - right?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

And

Quick question:

when you received the email...were there any attachments? or will those be sent out in April by snail mail.

Also...if you sent in an email to accept the spot...did you receive a confirmation email? We were just supposed to say if we accept or deny - right?

Thanks!
I think we are all in the same boat, which means we should be chilling out. Official letters are coming soon including those of us who havwen't heard from UT Austin yet. More positive news is coming!

Question for those who got accepted...when you log into the UT COP site with your UTEID, is your status changed? If so, what does it say?

And

Quick question:

Thanks!

There was no attachment to the email and the packet will be sent out in early april. I havent received a confirmation email yet probably because the office is closed for spring break. There hasnt been any change to my status on UT EID either.

: when you received the email...were there any attachments? or will those be sent out in April by snail mail.

Thanks!

There were not any attachments with the email. It said we would receive additional materials with the acceptance letter in April.

I sent my email to accept a spot and have not heard anything back and yes, you were just supposed to say whether you plan to accept or deny.

Question for those who got accepted...when you log into the UT COP site with your UTEID, is your status changed? If so, what does it say?

My status changed this morning it says.....Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the College Of Pharmacy ( Pharmacy, Professional, Pharm. D. ) at The University of Texas at Austin.