USMLE - Official 2017 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jesus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's no thread for the 2017 Step 2 CK, I figured I'd go ahead and create one. Happy new year in Step 2 CK land.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to ppl who got their scores:):)
And good luck to those waiting. You guys are gonna be fine..

Reactions: 1 users
Got my score back

IMG
Step 1: 217
UWSA1: 1 month out241
UWSA2: 5 days out 251
Real deal Step 2 CK: 237 :(

Test was tough tough, I felt like I straight failed. I am glad I passed it but was expecting a better score since I had that UWSA2 assessment. I was burned out from a lot of studying and very nervous during the test but I am glad that I passed it. I was praying I passsed tbh.

Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations on the amazing score!! I would kill for such score :) Go celebrate!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not one of those high score ones.

Step 1:218

Prep time a little over 2 months and i have a little toddler. Also i am an old grad 08. So with these scores not sure i will even get matched but lets see. US IMG

Uworld first time 61%
Uwsa 1 3-4 weeks out 213
Uwsa2: 1-2 weeks out 232.
Nbme 6:213 a month out
Nbme 7: 192 or something like that seriously messed me up a week before the test.

Step 2:210.
Seriously questions were so hard that i couldnt even eliminate some options. Which One is the most likely caused this and almost all of them were right picking out the most was really rough. Questions were badly worded sometimes i couldnt even understand what they were asking. I think questions were as hard as nbme 7 but scoring wasnt same.
Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Took my exam on the August 23, no score yet. However, my permit disappeared and wouldn't allow me to register for another exam. Lets hope sweet baby Jesus allows me to pass.

IMG

STEP 1 +250

kaplans qbank 70 %
Uworld ( twice ) 74 % then 95 %
IM essentials 90 %
Pretest all except psych
150 Qs 84%
NBME 6 and 7 220 and 240
UWSA - 1 244
UWSA - 2 254

REAL DEAL CK + 240

HAAAAAAPPY, I did my best thaaaanks god

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my score back

IMG
Step 1: 217
UWSA1: 1 month out241
UWSA2: 5 days out 251
Real deal Step 2 CK: 237 :(

Test was tough tough, I felt like I straight failed. I am glad I passed it but was expecting a better score since I had that UWSA2 assessment. I was burned out from a lot of studying and very nervous during the test but I am glad that I passed it. I was praying I passsed tbh.

Best of luck to everyone!

That is a 20 point improvement over Step 1 - very impressive.

Wait does this mean that all US students should have received their scores by now? I took my exam late July and still nothing...

Wait does this mean that all US students should have received their scores by now? I took my exam late July and still nothing...
I took it early July and nothing for me either. My scheduling permit disappeared last week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those who got their scores today - when did you take the exam?

My exam was on 8/16 and nothing so far. I was really hoping today would be the day :/

My exam was on 8/16 and nothing so far. I was really hoping today would be the day :/

Not 100% sure but it sounds like those that got their score scores already are IMG/FMG or got them through their school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think CK marks are getting lower, I think they are trying to bring the curve down since 2016-2017 is very high ... all the marks I have seen till now are lower than step 1 / UWSAs / NBMEs scores , that would affect the chances of who did their exam after 30th of June if it's true maybe

checked via school site, Score is 7 pts below my uwsa average but that's still comfortably passing and a 24 point improvement over my step 1

Signed, a chronically below average us md student who is relieved to be done with written exams!

Best of luck everyone

The NBME website says 11am EST, and it isn't even that time yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you, hopefully programs see it that way too. Congrats on your score! :) best of luck
Even I was reading about it yesterday. A good score on CK can make up for step 1 score and good CK score means you have good clinical skills. And that is what PDs these days look for in the applicant. So you must be very pleased right now. Congratulations:)

Only a few point increase from Step 1. I was getting 240s on my last NBMEs and UWSAs. Pretty underwhelmed. A bit disappointed.

239, little surprised since UWSAs were 250+. almost 10 point increase from Step1 though so pretty pleased. did the tests post-June 30th get harder or something?

Step 1: 231

UWSA1: 248
UWSA2: 233

Real deal: 243

I guess I'm okay with it. I was hoping it would be higher so I could be more competitive for the top IM programs this year.

I don't usually post in these threads but you were all very helpful to me while studying, thank you!

I'm an AMG.

Step 1: 224

Study resources: OME with note-taking (ISP only), casually reread Step Up to Medicine the month before ISP (had quickly used it to cram the few days before medicine shelf), UWorld during ISP with note-taking (didn't do many during third year, completed during ISP but no time to reset).

CCSSA #4, one month out: 218
UWSA #1, 3 weeks out: 232
CCSSA #6, 2 weeks out: 241
UWSA #2, 4 days out: 245

Score on Step 2: 247

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

247 on Step 1.

Did about a month of 8ish hours a day studying, used pretty much nothing but UWorld and listening to Online MedEd videos. Rarely would look up specific topics in my old Step 1 sources. Listened to the Emma Holliday Ramahi videos a couple times a few days before the test.

252 on UWSA 1.

254 on the real thing. I had hoped to hit 260+, but I was just too dead from 3rd year to hit the books as hard as that would have required. But my score didn't go down so I suppose I'm content lol

Congratulations to all you ppl.. your scores are amazing.. just getting a feeling that most scores are close to their UWSA 1 score? So does UWSA 1 correlate better?

Thank the Lord I passed!!

I started studying in January after having taken IM. My first practice test was NBME 4: 153 which, obviously, concerned me. Lol. I had 6 cores in a row leading to July when I took NBME 6: 205. I crammed for 4 weeks using UW + FA and a whole lot of prayer and ended up with a 230+!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
US MD in the South

Step 1: 211
Step 2: 224

NBME 7: 213 (3 days out)
UWSA: upper 200's.
Had serious anxiety during my entire study period and I feel like it shows.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Guys, thanks for all the advice as I prepared for the Step 2 CK.

Background: MD student from midtier school in midwest, Step 1 250.

Study Guide: Notated my Step Up to Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Ob/Gyn during M3 rotations so I could use them to study for Step 2 CK. Started two months before. Month 1 was just OnlineMedEd. Finished all MCQs and went over highyield videos. Can't remember if they reported a pass rate (sorry). Month 2 was UWorld. Started doing random 40 question blocks and got through 80% of content with a 82% pass rate. Reviewed correct and incorrect questions by reading in the notated Step Up guides. Read through First Aid Step 2 CK once.

UWSA 1: 245
UWSA 2: 260
No NBMEs.

Real Deal on July 25, 2017: 270

Reactions: 5 users
I have been lurking numerous Step 2 CK forums over the past six weeks. I took my exam on July 24th. I felt TERRIBLE after leaving the exam. I cried every day for at least 2 weeks because I kept recalling questions that I was unsure of or even missed. I am an average student, however, I honestly felt like I failed. I am firm believer in Jesus Christ and I began praying and fasting in a way I have never done before. I gave it all to Him. As crazy as it sounds typing this, I felt clinically depressed as a result of this exam and the extended wait made it that much harder. Despite all my worry and anxiety, today proved that prayer and faith works when combined with hard work and dedication!

I used Doctors in Training --> I don't feel like it truly prepared me like it did for Step 1. But it was a good backbone for my studying.
I studied all of my notes from each clerkship
I completed 70 percent of Uworld (i used uWorld for my shelf exams throughout the year as well)
I took both UWorld Practice Exams
-UWSA1 222
-UWSA2 234
-Actual Step 2 CK 246

I hope this brings some hope to those in the same situation as me. Pray with expectation! You've got this!

Reactions: 7 users
First post woot woot!!

Step 1:254

NBME(at prometric center): 270 6wks out
USWA 1:263 3wks
USWA 2:262 2wks
NBME 4: 267 1 wk
Only used uworld(1st time subject based, 2nd random) & uptodate

CK: 254 mmmeh

Although I had about 15 min per block to contemplate my marks, it definitely hurt me as I changed around 6-7 rights to wrongs. However, I made similar mistakes on my practice exams so I was expecting similar scores (you'd think i'd learn my lesson lol). I always see people comparing scores to determine how happy one should be.. but honestly if I work towards a goal (whether its a 220, 240, or 270) and dont reach it there will always be some dissatisfaction knowing so. Best believe Im extremely grateful! but not overjoyed.. so please dont judge those who feel bad they didnt reach their goal, regardless of what it is. With that said, damn that ish was hard lol I feel like the post 6/30 crew were the guinea pigs..or maybe i just choked.. I guess we'll find out next year if that average drops! Best of luck to all of you applying this year! :)

Last edited:
It looks like the whole "permit thing" is related to the score release.
If your scores are about to be released, then it disappears (although there are people whose permits went away and they did not get their scores today).
Unfortunately, I did not get my score today and need to wait one more agonizing week.

I just wonder how they decide who gets their score. I sat for the exam on Aug 15th and as far as I know people who took it on the same day or before/after me (some of them) received their scores...

Congrats to all of you! your nightmare is over! :)

It looks like the whole "permit thing" is related to the score release.
If your scores are about to be released, then it disappears (although there are people whose permits went away and they did not get their scores today).
Unfortunately, I did not get my score today and need to wait one more agonizing week.

I just wonder how they decide who gets their score. I sat for the exam on Aug 15th and as far as I know people who took it on the same day or before/after me (some of them) received their scores...

Congrats to all of you! your nightmare is over! :)
Its usually 4 weeks.

Its usually 4 weeks.

I thought it was 3-4 Wednesdays?
If you took it on Monday/Tuesday, you get scores on the 4th Wed.
If you took it on Thur/Fri etc - 3rd.

It happened to me with Step 1. But yeah, who the f** knows.
I'll just have another sleepless night.

Hey Guys, thanks for all the advice as I prepared for the Step 2 CK.

Background: MD student from midtier school in midwest, Step 1 250.

Study Guide: Notated my Step Up to Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Ob/Gyn during M3 rotations so I could use them to study for Step 2 CK. Started two months before. Month 1 was just OnlineMedEd. Finished all MCQs and went over highyield videos. Can't remember if they reported a pass rate (sorry). Month 2 was UWorld. Started doing random 40 question blocks and got through 80% of content with a 82% pass rate. Reviewed correct and incorrect questions by reading in the notated Step Up guides. Read through First Aid Step 2 CK once.

UWSA 1: 245
UWSA 2: 260
No NBMEs.

Real Deal on July 25, 2017: 270
congratulations!!
What you think helped you the most?