USMLE - Official 2017 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jesus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's no thread for the 2017 Step 2 CK, I figured I'd go ahead and create one. Happy new year in Step 2 CK land.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
The closer the test results release comes, the higher the probability I did poorly materializes in my mind lol.

Reactions: 9 users
Hi everyone please help me here I need your guidance. So I ended my uw at 87% a few days ago. Did uwsa1 on June 15th and got a 236. I did uwsa2 about a month and half ago and was very nervous as I was attempting it a day before my proposed date of test but I eventually cancelled my appointment. On uwsa2 I got a 220 was very nervous and in the end looked up a few explanations after I did it. I didn't look at any explanations of uwsa1. Now I have my exam on 11th September. Can I do uwsa1 again as I didnt look at any explanations, also which nbme should I take so that I get an idea where I stand? What do you guys think am I ready to take the exam on 11th or not? Please suggest
Can someone please reply and guide me here

Hi everyone please help me here I need your guidance. So I ended my uw at 87% a few days ago. Did uwsa1 on June 15th and got a 236. I did uwsa2 about a month and half ago and was very nervous as I was attempting it a day before my proposed date of test but I eventually cancelled my appointment. On uwsa2 I got a 220 was very nervous and in the end looked up a few explanations after I did it. I didn't look at any explanations of uwsa1. Now I have my exam on 11th September. Can I do uwsa1 again as I didnt look at any explanations, also which nbme should I take so that I get an idea where I stand? What do you guys think am I ready to take the exam on 11th or not? Please suggest
People recommend against doing an assessment test twice but I think, if you truly didn't look at any answers, or even which questions you got right or wrong...you should be able to retake the test and get a fairly accurate picture of where you stand. Uwsa > nbme as far as getting to know where you are on the scale.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The closer the test results release comes, the higher the probability I did poorly materializes in my mind lol.
Wednesday morning is going to be rough..every second is going to feel dragged out till that email pops up lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here :(

I really hope you need only 50% to pass :p LOL
2 more days!
50% is still high imo. I was only confident about ~1/3 of my answers. No joke. I educationally guessed on the vast majority. There were about 10 or so qs that I blindly guessed on.

Reactions: 3 users
50% is still high imo. I was only confident about ~1/3 of my answers. No joke. I educationally guessed on the vast majority. There were about 10 or so qs that I blindly guessed on.

Same here!
I guessed on way too many. I didn't even have time to read 3 questions in one block.

I'm just gonna pretend it's gonna be okay anyway

Reactions: 1 users
Videos and notes.

I used Uworld and didn't have time for Onlinemeded question bank.
Hard to tell which ones exactly. I would say all of them.
The way their notes and videos are constructed is amazing. It makes it so easy to study.
I supplemented with Uworld (which helped me as well, I had a few questions that were almost identical).

I have not gotten my result yet, though. So... I might tell you more on Wed
thank you.
I am struggling with ObGyn and Surgery. What you recommend?

thank you.
I am struggling with ObGyn and Surgery. What you recommend?

Onlinemeded videos and notes.
My knowledge was close to 0 and they helped me SO MUCH.
I did general surgery, specialty, and trauma from OME and read Kaplan notes only to discover than Kaplan did not have anything more than OME).

Ob/Gyn - OME will give you algorithms and basic knowledge, Uworld will teach you how to use it. For example, a postmenopausal woman with endometrial hyperplasia AND adnexal masses - OME tells you what to do when adnexal mass/endometrial hyperplasia are spotted but Uworld will teach you that if you see both in a woman this age, you biopsy endometrium first.

Videos first, then questions. I usually followed with corresponding chapter in a pretest book. Then do random short tests with mixed content. (In response to best way to use online meded)

Dude. Come on. We all have those feelings. But this comment is ridiculous. You scored a 250+ on step 1. You're more than competent. Reel it in a little lol.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude. Come on. We all have those feelings. But this comment is ridiculous. You scored a 250+ on step 1. You're more than competent. Reel it in a little lol.
Yeah, Wednesday can't come soon enough. Best wishes to all of us.

I think what messes with everyone is that they are trying to do better than step 1 so they expect to feel better about this test than they did after they took step 1. Unfortunately the steps are such a mind fu** that it doesn't quite work like that. On top of that, waiting for so long in our case didn't help either. Hopefully everything works out for everyone

I doubt most people are scared of actually failing. Instead, they probably view doing worse thAn they did on step 1 as a failure.

Reactions: 4 users
I took a very unorthodox approach towards studying for this exam, so I'm especially nervous about this score. I'm getting my score the 13th, though.

Well my ICU rotation has definitely helped to pass the time waiting for my score. Worked like 90 hours this week. Wednesday fast approaches.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm in the middle of my Neuro ICU rotation. So far 6 radial art lines, 1 bronchoscopy, 1 femoral vascath, and 1 femoral art line. Not helping though....haha

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in the middle of my Neuro ICU rotation. So far 6 radial art lines, 1 bronchoscopy, 1 femoral vascath, and 1 femoral art line. Not helping though....haha
Dude screw you. That's amazing procedure experience. That's like better than my third year total.

Edit: I don't actually mean screw you. Just jealous.

And sedate me AFTER I find out.
No hate, but I'm just waiting for your post on Wednesday wherein you report another 250+

Again, no hate. I hope that happens! But yeah... I'm sure it will. Historically, I bet less than....actually, none -- of rest takers who scored 250+ drop on step 2 to a failing score. It just doesn't happen.

No hate, but I'm just waiting for your post on Wednesday wherein you report another 250+

Again, no hate. I hope that happens! But yeah... I'm sure it will. Historically, I bet less than....actually, none -- of rest takers who scored 250+ drop on step 2 to a failing score. It just doesn't happen.
I hope you are right bro. I mean no disrespect to anyone with my neurotic posts.

I, on the other hand, need to INNCREASE my step 1 score by roughly 12 points to even pass step 2. Feel better ??

I, on the other hand, need to INNCREASE my step 1 score by roughly 12 points to even pass step 2. Feel better ??

nonstop 12hr shifts in the ED is helping with the wait. I'm on nights this week

Took the exam August 17. Am I correct in thinking that my score will be coming out along with the rest of yours?

Honestly I think it went better than the Step 1 for me. I can certainly think of questions that I missed, but hoping the curve is generous.

Can someone please reply and guide me here

You may be succumbing to stress. I had a worse scenario where I was originally scoring in the 70-80th percentile on my UW /NBME tests, then plummeted to 30th on one. My advisor and I met and she reviewed with me the basic stuff we all know: stress, cortisol, catecholamines, crappy situation for taking a test, etc. It was a sobering meeting

I scored as my historical trend predicted

dont unravel or you may undermine your hard work.

Breathe. Relax

So am I the only one who didn't have much variability among different practice tests? Pretty much all my NBME's predicted ~252 and UWSA 1 predicted 254, but I never took UWSA 2 so I don't know if UWSA 1 is less accurate. The real difference is in how generous the curves are - I had to get 90% raw on the NBME's to get that score, but I only got 77% raw on the UWSA. I hope it's the same for the real thing because it felt SO hard :(

tl;dr I'm sure I did fine but still super nervous, especially because I didn't do so well on Step 1 so I really need a good score on Step 2 to have a better shot at the programs I'm interested. I hope the curve is kind!!!

I can no longer suppress. The anxiety and stress is getting to me. I hope I didn't get fail, seriously I feel like crap

I can no longer suppress. The anxiety and stress is getting to me. I hope I didn't get fail, seriously I feel like crap

Me too :(

I'm terrified. My UWSAs were good but the real deal was a different story. Did you take NBME or UWSA?

Me too :(

I'm terrified. My UWSAs were good but the real deal was a different story. Did you take NBME or UWSA?
I took both. UWSA1 was ok. UWSA2 was way better. Did almost all NBME and did ok, or spectacular. I did free150 and didn't think it was reflective at all either

I took both. UWSA1 was ok. UWSA2 was way better. Did almost all NBME and did ok, or spectacular. I did free150 and didn't think it was reflective at all either

If you did so many Self-assessments and did well, there is nothing to be afraid of :)

I took my test on August 22nd.
Do you guys think I am going to get my score tomorrow Sept 6th or next Wednesday Sept 13th?

Thank you!

Really hoping the actual test curve is at least as generous as the UWSA. U can get 2/3 right on UWSA and still get a 240

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My permit is still up... I really hope I'm getting my results this week... The wait is killing me.